What's the Most Memorable Sporting Event You've Attended?

Game 6 of the '08 Finals. Grabbed a handful of green and white confetti on my way out.
pimp.gif

Honorable mention: September '01 at Fenway when Mike Mussina had a perfect game with 2 outs in the 9th and Carl Everett broke it up.
laugh.gif

Game 6 of the '08 Finals. Grabbed a handful of green and white confetti on my way out.
pimp.gif

Honorable mention: September '01 at Fenway when Mike Mussina had a perfect game with 2 outs in the 9th and Carl Everett broke it up.
laugh.gif

wisconsin vs tcu rose bowl
wisconsin vs Iowa...Ron Dayne sets rushing record
wisconsin @ ohio state @penn state @michigan...just randomly went to some big ten stadiums...
pimp.gif
pretty sweet to see these fields in person

packers vs falcons wild card game 2003 i believe...when vick DESTROYED us
packers vs seahawks playoffs...."we want the ball and we're gonna score"
packers vs seahawks 2007 divisional game...down 14-0 and came back to whoop them
packers @ patriots...matt flynn almost shut up all those boston clowns... helluva game tho
pimp.gif

wisconsin vs tcu rose bowl
wisconsin vs Iowa...Ron Dayne sets rushing record
wisconsin @ ohio state @penn state @michigan...just randomly went to some big ten stadiums...
pimp.gif
pretty sweet to see these fields in person

packers vs falcons wild card game 2003 i believe...when vick DESTROYED us
packers vs seahawks playoffs...."we want the ball and we're gonna score"
packers vs seahawks 2007 divisional game...down 14-0 and came back to whoop them
packers @ patriots...matt flynn almost shut up all those boston clowns... helluva game tho
pimp.gif

Another I forgot was Miami vs. Akron, 2001 football game. Sounds like nothing, but Ben (freshman year) threw for 399 yards and last play won the game on a 70 yard hail mary. Pretty cool for a MAC football game

Another I forgot was Miami vs. Akron, 2001 football game. Sounds like nothing, but Ben (freshman year) threw for 399 yards and last play won the game on a 70 yard hail mary. Pretty cool for a MAC football game

2000 NLDS Game 1 Mets v Giants, The First Ever Playoff Game at then Pacific Bell Park.

Warriors vs Lakers Baron Blows Kisses to the crowd after hitting a 3

2000 NLDS Game 1 Mets v Giants, The First Ever Playoff Game at then Pacific Bell Park.

Warriors vs Lakers Baron Blows Kisses to the crowd after hitting a 3

- 2011 Rose Bowl: TCU-Wisconsin

- 95/96 NFC Championship game: Cowboys- Packers

- 2010 Fiesta Bowl: TCU/ Boise State

- 2011 Rose Bowl: TCU-Wisconsin

- 95/96 NFC Championship game: Cowboys- Packers

- 2010 Fiesta Bowl: TCU/ Boise State

1986 Celtics vs Hawks...Game before the Bird and Dominique duel

1997 Final Four

A handful of NCAA regionals

# 1 Umass (Marcus Camby) vs #2 Memphis State (Lorenzen Wright)

Red Sox vs Yankees playoff...The first Pedro Martinez vs Roger Clemens playoff game

1986 Celtics vs Hawks...Game before the Bird and Dominique duel

1997 Final Four

A handful of NCAA regionals

# 1 Umass (Marcus Camby) vs #2 Memphis State (Lorenzen Wright)

Red Sox vs Yankees playoff...The first Pedro Martinez vs Roger Clemens playoff game

Pops took me to Game 4 of the NBA finals in 1996, Bulls vs. Sonics, at the Key, with MJ at the height of his powers. I don't remember much, but I walked out convinced of Gary Payton's greatness, and he remained my favorite player throughout his career.

Recently, I had great seats at Stephen Strasburg's debut. Electrifying.
pimp.gif

Pops took me to Game 4 of the NBA finals in 1996, Bulls vs. Sonics, at the Key, with MJ at the height of his powers. I don't remember much, but I walked out convinced of Gary Payton's greatness, and he remained my favorite player throughout his career.

Recently, I had great seats at Stephen Strasburg's debut. Electrifying.
pimp.gif

I'll also throw out some random Sonics games I went to:

vs. Nuggets in 1992. Steve Scheffler started the game. I vividly remember him starting the game (it was one of I think 12 in his career). I used to brag about it to my friends, who claimed he never started, and they didn't believe me. So I put money on it, looked it up on Basketball Reference and won a few bucks.

vs. Clippers in 2002 (I think). Buddy of mine wanted to take me to a Sonics game for my b-day. He'd never been to a game, and it was totally spur of the moment. Desmond Mason went off for a career high 35 points, or something like that. He also threw down an insane dunk at one point. I guess the randomness and how much fun I had made it memorable.

vs. Nuggets in 2006. I know he was past his prime, but I got to see Allen Iverson play in person. He was one of my favorite players ever.

I'll also throw out some random Sonics games I went to:

vs. Nuggets in 1992. Steve Scheffler started the game. I vividly remember him starting the game (it was one of I think 12 in his career). I used to brag about it to my friends, who claimed he never started, and they didn't believe me. So I put money on it, looked it up on Basketball Reference and won a few bucks.

vs. Clippers in 2002 (I think). Buddy of mine wanted to take me to a Sonics game for my b-day. He'd never been to a game, and it was totally spur of the moment. Desmond Mason went off for a career high 35 points, or something like that. He also threw down an insane dunk at one point. I guess the randomness and how much fun I had made it memorable.

vs. Nuggets in 2006. I know he was past his prime, but I got to see Allen Iverson play in person. He was one of my favorite players ever.

1> Chargers divisional round against MIA before they got to the Super Bowl (Field seats $45)

2> Lakers, Spurs playoffs:  Rodman with a green quaff took a nap on the court and got tossed.

3> I got to see my cousin play QB against the Chargers this year. (Not pretty)

4> I almost forgot, Padres vs. Cubs I'm sitting behind home plate and screaming at Sosa how much he
sucks. Next thing I see is the deepest ball I ever saw hit to left, the gallop and Sammy glaring at me on the
way to first. It was definitely one of the homeruns after 61 when he was battling McGwire.

1> Chargers divisional round against MIA before they got to the Super Bowl (Field seats $45)

2> Lakers, Spurs playoffs:  Rodman with a green quaff took a nap on the court and got tossed.

3> I got to see my cousin play QB against the Chargers this year. (Not pretty)

4> I almost forgot, Padres vs. Cubs I'm sitting behind home plate and screaming at Sosa how much he
sucks. Next thing I see is the deepest ball I ever saw hit to left, the gallop and Sammy glaring at me on the
way to first. It was definitely one of the homeruns after 61 when he was battling McGwire.

Game 7 2010 Finals. Graduation Gift from my aunt.

Put down my pretzel after the lakers went down by 13.
Lakers win. Forgot my pretzel under my seat.

Game 5 Western Conference Finals 2000, Lakers lost but even though I was in the 300 section, i was on the jumbo tron.

Lakers Clippers.
Clippers scored only 19 points in the first half, Nba record at the time.

Knicks Hawks 2010 season. First ever Knick game.
Hawks won, but that was the last loss before their 8 or how many ever win streak was this season.

Game 7 2010 Finals. Graduation Gift from my aunt.

Put down my pretzel after the lakers went down by 13.
Lakers win. Forgot my pretzel under my seat.

Game 5 Western Conference Finals 2000, Lakers lost but even though I was in the 300 section, i was on the jumbo tron.

Lakers Clippers.
Clippers scored only 19 points in the first half, Nba record at the time.

Knicks Hawks 2010 season. First ever Knick game.
Hawks won, but that was the last loss before their 8 or how many ever win streak was this season.

1. Raiders 2000-01 AFC Championship game loss to the Ravens
2. Raiders 2002-03 AFC Championship game win over the Titans
3. A's Game 3 2001 Divisional Series loss to Yankees (was sitting first row behind the A's dugout, remember Posada's solo shot and Jeter's flip like it was yesterday)
4. Antawn Jamison's second consecutive 51 point game in OT win over the Lakers
5. San Jose Earthquakes 2003 5-4 aggregate win over the Los Angeles Galaxy
6. Entire 2010-11 Raiders Season

Back
Top Bottom