whats a good running shoe?

ive been looking into the air max 2009 but i keep hearing about the bubble getting flat or something like that, whats a good running shoe i should invest in?thanx in advance

Practically anything from Asics, Brooks, New Balance, and Saucony.

Nike running shoes suck. They're all gimmicky and expensive.

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Don't they have a shoe portion on niketalk for questions like this?
O.P is ok with asking this question in general

he's not asking about a specific company or a retro

Originally Posted by wj4

Practically anything from Asics, Brooks, New Balance, and Saucony.

Well, there is the OTHER BRANDS forum.

That already has a pretty deep running shoe thread.

But thats another story. Asking what the best running shoe is is too open of a question. You need to you your arch type, gait cycle tendencies, etc to get thebest shoe for you.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I just got some nike free 5.0's and I like them a lot
You must not do much distance running eh? That shoe won't last you long at all.

i got the gel kayano 11's a couple months ago and they're holding up nice. and suit my running style a little bit better. i think they're betterthan the kayano 14's, i beat those down
laugh.gif

ive heard brooks are the best

can anyone recommend me a model for someone who does not overpronate?

Originally Posted by Physicx

ive heard brooks are the best

can anyone recommend me a model for someone who does not overpronate?

Brooks are awesome. Their top of the line neutral runner is the Glycerin and then you have the Ghost and Defyance around the $100 price range. The Glycerin isSO comfortable. Check for some running spots in your area and try them out. I'm sure you'll be impressed. Keep in mind that you'll need to go a .5size or maybe a whole on your running shoes...

From my personal experience, I suggest the Zoom Vomero
pimp.gif

nike-zoom-vomero-4-mens.jpg

Its my current running shoe of the moment, and I love them

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by RED FLAG

Originally Posted by wj4

airmax 97 are the best running shoes ive had so far
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
This guy is the shoe guru. He knows whats best.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyway, PhysicX (God I hate AP Physics right now...
mad.gif
), I suggest you tryshoes that are for neutral to underpronators. So, anything that doesn't have a medial post (meaning that it is a support shoe) or on the insides of yourfeet, should be fine. I'm wearing Nike Air Zoom Vomero 4s, and they're alright. Not the best, but good enough for me. Nike Vomero/Pegasus, New Balance1062/1063, Asics Cumulus and Nimbus lines, Saucony Triumph, Brooks Glycerin 7 and Ghost may all be suitable shoes for you.

Some runners are mostly neutral gaited, but with a bit of pronation, and the Nike Zoom Elite 4 or the Asics Gel DS Trainer might work for you as it is a lightbut slightly supportive shoe.

I suggest you try on your shoes before you buy them at a running store. And until you've tried the specialty running shoes from the kinds of companies Ilisted, you can't say that the Air Max 97 is the best running shoe, nor is the Air Max 2009. Alright? It just isn't.
smile.gif

This question should go to Sneaker Reviews forum.. To answer your question, I love my Nike Zoom Moires

Back
Top Bottom