What was your favorite class in college

Game Theory. It should be available through multiple departments (Bus, Econ, PoliSci and Phil are the most common). Other than that I would recommend an Introto Logic course through the Philosophy department. Not sure if they're offered but I took Improvisational Leadership and Personal Finance. All 4 of thoseare incredibly useful outside of college. Game Theory is more fun than applicable.

TacC4 wrote:
Game Theory. It should be available through multiple departments (Bus, Econ, PoliSci and Phil are the most common). Other than that I would recommend an Intro to Logic course through the Philosophy department. Not sure if they're offered but I took Improvisational Leadership and Personal Finance. All 4 of those are incredibly useful outside of college. Game Theory is more fun than applicable.

Game theory was cool. It feels like a cross between the Matrix and Starwars when you look at a large grid and instead of using any sort of algorithm you trustyour that you can just spot the equilibrium or the handful of equilibria outcomes. While it was interesting, it was not very pivotal, it did not change how Ilook at things like some courses did.

psychology was my favorite class. I actually liked what i was learning about. Plus the teacher was hilarious

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

I really liked Astronomy, The Philosophy of Theology and Speech and Rhetoric.

My favorite class though was physical Anthropology. So much about human behavior, individual and collective, makes sense when realize that we have been farmers for only a few thousand years, industrial and urbanized for a few hundred and living in a space and information age for a few decades. For hundreds of millions of years, we were once amphibians then we live in the trees and then we adapted by becoming bipedal and adapted for hunting on the open plains. Our brains and physical features reflect all of these stages and shows why we can go into space but be still have difficulty living in peace with each other.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It's such a vast topic, I found out that so many things I've been interested in my entire life fell under one of the main branches of Anthro. I was soclose to picking it as a minor, probably should have.

For me it would have to be Gross Anatomy or Discoveries & Concepts in Nutrition. It's hard to choose between hands on lab with human cadavers and justlearning about basic nutrition that will stay with me for the rest of my life. In both of these classes I felt I actually LEARNED something.

All of my science courses. Sans chemistry, but that's because I had an evil wench of a professor.

Besides the first one I said, I also liked

Social Psychology
Religion and Sports
Cognitive Processes (very interesting class about how our mind works)

That's all I can think of right now

i took a basketball course sophomore year. basically got to go to the gym for free 3 hours every other day and play ball. and there were surprisingly a goodamount of females that took the class.

Game Theory.

Pretty cool to think that (hypothetically) almost any situation can be figured out beforehand.

So far, my favorite has definitely been Human Sexuality. Pretty easy class, chill environment/instructor, and fair amount of good looking females. I also tooka basketball class and that was the easiest class I've ever taken.

From Rock to Bach. It was a music class. Freaking awesome. Talked about everything from Bach to the Beatles to Janis Joplin to NWA

Undergrad:
Major - Clinical Physiology
Minor - Constituional Law I and II

Graduate:
Medical Physiology

Back
Top Bottom