What was Nas thinking?

"Shzeez a reel lewker" "Aaaahhhh-hhaaaaaahhhhh, Aaahhhh-haaahhhh" :lol:

This song used to have me dying in confusion. Didn't really dislike it though.

My username used to be QBTrueG on most forums before I joined NT :pimp:

U trippin Scarlett was rapping her/his *** off
How could u not like her verse

The verses are good when your reading them off the computer screen, just like "Who Killed It," but I just can't get down with the altered voices. I understand and appreciate Nas creativity, it's one of the reasons he's my favorite mc of all time, but I just didn't enjoy the final execution.

Really, You guys didn't like this track? I thought it was dope. I liked most of the album to be honest.

Before she drops the money bag on the floor and died
she said if you really love me I'll come back alive :pimp:

i can understand disliking the accent, but those lyrics were pure gold, you gotta break it down line for line, the **** hes talking is just wow!

i can understand disliking the accent, but those lyrics were pure gold, you gotta break it down line for line, the **** hes talking is just wow!

That's like saying that a piece of delicious candy (the lyrics) that was dropped in a puddle (the beat) and then a pile of dog **** (the voice) is still worth eating.

I saw nothing wrong with HHID outside of the song OP posted and the single itself

Came to post the same thing. :nthat:

Other than those two tracks it was a solid album. Deserving of that title though...? Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh >D :smh:

ha, yall are bugging. the role play, accent, everything about the song, were very particular. not an accident or failed attempt to be different. this track is historic and sucks that most people will react the way yall are now and forget the actual significance of the entire track.

Hip Hop Is dead single makes me want to go up to the man himself and scrap.
roll.gif

ha, yall are bugging. the role play, accent, everything about the song, were very particular. not an accident or failed attempt to be different. this track is historic and sucks that most people will react the way yall are now and forget the actual significance of the entire track.

Hush...song is terrible.

its obviously a play on film noir. guessin he tried to be humphrey bogart investigating how hiphop died. i didnt like this track when i first bought the album because of the noise they called a beat. but once i gave it a chance i liked it. beat still bugs me tho

all that stuff you saying does not change how the actual final product sounds. a song can be

intentional, historic, significant, and still sound like garbage. these things are not mutually exclusive.

all that stuff you saying does not change how the actual final product sounds. a song can be

intentional, historic, significant, and still sound like garbage. these things are not mutually exclusive.

yea i guess i just mess with it as an entire production still. I dont want to hear the most elaborate sounds all the time. the lyrics/story being told are A1 imo.

song has no trap beats, synths, new age percussion or none of that. But the production in entirety was a breath of fresh air imo.

Back
Top Bottom