What song are you listening to right now?

The Comsat Angels - Im Falling

One of my all time favorite songs from the 80s. This song also came out in the ''Real Genius'' movie from 1985. I'm a diverse music lover, I appreciate & could listen to a lot different styles of music.

REPPED. I remember this from the flick. Never tracked it down. Good ****.

Personal unknown 80's movie gem. This is from the beach party scene in "Police Academy". Which I'll never forget. Because......boobs.

Another good one from the same band and the same flick....

Last edited:
"Don't take shorts, drinking 40's and quarts,
and sticking up punks is my favorite sport,
never get scared, soft or feeble,
maniac loose to most good people"

HIGHLY slept on 90's joint.

Went on a ridiculous 90's sleeper run after this....

Last edited:
OK illphillip illphillip I see you...

Still want to listen to contemporary jeep music in its entirety at some point.

I remember it being a good album but I haven't heard the whole thing in like.....maybe 2 decades :lol:

"Tears" was my ****. I probably like the album version more than the video version. But I went with the proper vid anyway.

Been hearing this randomly on different stations, and finally decided to check out the whole thing. Pretty nice, always loved that sample

That dude kurious was pretty nice too..

Recently listened to P.M. Dawn's "Of the Heart, of the Soul and of the Cross: The Utopian Experience" Slightly off the beaten path from my normal selections but wasn't bad. Would give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Not the album version, but i like it more than that or the uk version. Why the hell are there multiple versions of songs anyway? Just call it a remix.

And this is the song that made me say i'd listen to the album one day.

And no i can't think of P.M. Dawn without envisioning this either

[emoji]128513[/emoji]

That dude kurious was pretty nice too..

Recently listened to P.M. Dawn's "Of the Heart, of the Soul and of the Cross: The Utopian Experience" Slightly off the beaten path from my normal selections but wasn't bad. Would give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Not the album version, but i like it more than that or the uk version. Why the hell are there multiple versions of songs anyway? Just call it a remix.

And this is the song that made me say i'd listen to the album one day.

And no i can't think of P.M. Dawn without envisioning this either

[emoji]128513[/emoji]
them screenshots tho

Sobriety is an enemy, I'm sorry momma.
Society now accepting me, pray for the young ones.

Last edited:
My stepdad played the hell out of Keith Sweat's Make It Last Forever in the summer of 88. Every time when me and my bro rode with him, he always had the cassette playing.

This is one of my favorite Keith Sweat tracks:

More 90's madness. JVC Force. Famous for their 80's anthem "Strong Island".

1990 album FORCEFIELD had some ill samples though.

This was basically a rework of "Strong Island"....

Sampled the Sesame Street theme here.....(you read that correctly)

Buffalo Springfield "For What It's Worth" here...

Friend & Lover "Reach Out Of The Darkness" (aka "I think it's so groovy now, that people are finally getting together")....

Change (with a young Luther Vandross) "Glow Of Love"...

Curtis Mayfield "We're A Winner"...

Donna Summer "Love To Love You Baby"....(I think the beat might be a loop from this song as well but not 100%)

Alicia Myers "I Want To Thank You"....

Dennis Edwards "Don't Look Any Further" here....

Grover Washington "Hydra" (same sample from Black Moon "How Many MC's").....

I know the drums are sampled as is the squeal from Big Daddy Kane's "Raw", but I can't place it...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom