What song are you listening to right now?

YOOOOOOO!

Summer anthem.

smokin.gif
yea yeaaaaaaaaa 

You just took me back. 

Keep up the good work @C Flyness
Thanks! The good old days, the golden era of El Underground Rap & Reggae a.k.a. Reggaeton Vico C, Big Boy, THE NOISE, DJ Negro, Playero, DJ Eric y La Industria, DJ Dicky No Fear, DJ Joe, DJ Nelson, DJ Frank, DJ Goldy, Baby Rasta & Gringo, Don Chezina, Wiso G, Maicol & Manuel, Tito & Hector, Daddy Yankee, Nicky Jam, Lito & Polaco, MC Ceja, Mr. Cavalucci, Bebe, Maestro, Eddie Dee, Yaviah, Ivy Queen, Mexicano, Tempo, Trebol Clan, Memo & Vale, DJ Blass, Plan B, Speedy, REGGAETON SEX, Wisin & Yandel, Tego Calderon, Don Omar etc.

Classic Baby Rasta & Gringo Music Video from 1997 ''Punto 40''. Throughout the music video Gringo is rocking the Air Jordan 12 Taxi's.

Speedy's Underground Hit Song ''El Amor Con La Ropa'' Produced by DJ Blass that was on the album Reggaeton Sex vol. 2 from the year 2000.

Reggaeton's sound evolved when Reggaeton Sex came in the picture in the early 2000's I remember perfectly. DJ Blass produced all those Reggaeton Sex albums and he also produced Daddy Yankee's El Cangri.com album from 2002 and he also produced other albums from other Reggaeton Artists like Wisin & Yandel De Nuevos A Viejos album from 2001 & some tracks on the album De Otra Manera from 2002, Nicky Jam Haciendo Escante from 2001 & Salon De La Fama from 2003. Then after DJ Blass came Luny Tunes with Mas Flow in 2003 also great producers. But Blass was 1st with that unique and distinct sound dating all the way back to his Reggaeton Sex days in the eraly 2000s with that Underground Hit Song ''El Amor Con La Ropa'' that was produced by DJ Blass and Speedy singing/rapping on that amazing beat. Sometimes I feel like there was other songs that were better than the ''Gasolina'' song that deseved to be a Worlwide Hit. I guess Daddy Yankee got lucky. The ''Gasolina'' song was produced by Luny Tunes in 2004, but before that you had ''Latigazo'' that was produced by DJ Blass in 2002 and I think the beat sounds much better, DJ Blass puts some techno in that Reggaeton beat and that ish still sounds crazy in 2016.

Daddy Yankee - Latigazo (2002)

If you was into some lyrical Spanish ish you had artists like Eddie Dee etc.

Eddie Dee could kill it on a Reggaeton beat or a Hip Hop beat on either one he's a monster. Funny thing if you didn't know Eddie Dee actually wrote parts of the lyrics to Daddy Yankee's ''Gasolina'' song.

I had rough start to the day y'all bare with me...

I'm obviously not old enough to have been around to hear a lot of these joints when they were active. Or at least old enough to have appreciated them when they were.

So most of my knowledge came from Rap records sampling these, then me going back for the originals, and growing to love the originals as much if not more.

So while I found this because of "Jingling Baby".......that "SUN-SHINE!" is :smokin

Another gem.

Last edited:
Can't front, I thought AK was going to be the star after "Live At The BarBQ".

One of my favorites from him.

"Meanwhile I profile with two guns that I'm holdin' in
separate hands like I'm in the dancehall boglin'"

:smokin

Trust me when I tell yall that Mr. Cavalucci sounded like he would of been down with the Wu-Tang Clan, he just did it in Spanish this guy was real lrical. His thing was rapping over original Hip Hop beats produced in Puerto Rico by music producers like DJ Nelson and DJ Dicky etc. Remember the music genre that is now called Reggaeton it comes from Rap Hip Hop & Reggae. So you had a variety of Rappers spitting on Reggaeton beats and Hip Hop beats. Mr. Cavalucci was one of the artists who was most known for doing Hip Hop in Spanish he even used to Shout Out Wu Tang on his songs.

Mr. Cavalucci - Que Sera Nuestro Destino from (1998) Album: El Cartel De Yankee

Mr. Cavalucci - Danger, Danger from (1998) Album: DJ Dicky No Fear Vol. 3 Deadline

Was listening to dmx on the morning jog but ya always have hip hop covered here so I never post that

Currently listening to this:

Easy Saturday morning listen.

Last edited:
The Comsat Angels - Im Falling

One of my all time favorite songs from the 80s. This song also came out in the ''Real Genius'' movie from 1985. I'm a diverse music lover, I appreciate & could listen to a lot different styles of music.

Last edited:
Some wavy French music 
pimp.gif
  He's been having a ton of success the past 1-2 years. Belgium is next to France and a majority of our population speaks French so he's been all over our charts and radio.

Not just pop too. This rap is actually pretty fire.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom