What shoe got you interested in sneakers?

Hype aside these are the goat SB, don't care

:smh: :x Disgusting

I always thought these looked like Nikes version of those bootleg Ecko Skate-shoes that methheads wore.

231907041150-1.jpg

Last edited:
images

The OG Flightposite 1 in the Metallic Gold colorway. These were the first shoe that ever rendered me speechless. A young dude who worked at my school when I was in 5th grade had these and all of us thought they were the craziest things we had ever seen. I couldn't get them since my parents weren't dropping $160 on shoes I was just gonna grow out of. Finally got a pair of the Golds and the Silvers when they retro'd in '08 and I still feel kinda nostalgic whenever I put them on.

Had J's since OG Sky Jordan 1's, don't remember having them, but seen pics of me in them. OG 3's were the first shoe I went pretty crazy over, and had a nice run of J's and all kinds of other kicks throughout my younger years. But the Linen AF1 is what led me to looking to the internet for sneakers, found NT shortly after that and been hanging around ever since

Always liked sneakers, but never got into Js when I was younger. It was always the kicks on the sale rack, but I didn't mind. First "nice" pair of sneakers my parents bought for me were some Nike Shox in the 3rd grade. Those had me feeling like something else. But I didn't really get into kicks until my freshman year of high school. The first pair I bought for myself were some Air Assault Lows. I used them for EVERYTHING. From then on I've been steadily copping sneakers.

After I got my motorcycle during my first year of college I used them as riding kicks and they got torn up after my first crash. I'm surprised I walked away from it all with just a blister on my heel. I still have them, I don't have the heart to throw 'em out.

Post-crash: 

Last edited:
it wasn't a specific sneaker for me. it was basketball. I always associated good players with dope shoes and then it took off from there.

Damn, tthem BKs took me back. Remember in 3rd grade they got banned at school.
:lol: why?
Damn, tthem BKs took me back. Remember in 3rd grade they got banned at school

Dat gang life was real. BKs, Georgetown Hoyas, Raiders, Kings, Bulls, amongst other things were against dress code. Once I moved away tho, my new school wasn't up on game; to my surprise.

When i was 10yrs old I joined my first basketball leauge.
I had no real basketball shoe to wear.
parents couldnt afford the Nike, Reebok, Addidas etc....

When I saw one of my teamates break these out during our season I was like WOW I like those....

Till this day I have never owened this shoe but this has got to be the shoe that did it for me at 10yrs old.

I even remember moms buying me the knockoofs that looked just like them from Payless.

View media item 813222
This is probably the 1st pair of shoes i remember getting that I truly actually wanted and got for xmas...

View media item 813228
After this it just became an obsession i couldnt afford.
my parents eventually gave in and started buying me the shoes i wanted.

Last edited:
Back in the early to mid 80's I was strolling through a mall with my Pops. This was when all Footlockers had the wood paneling walls. I'll never forget the moment I laid eyes on the Stan Smith Adidas. I was mesmerized at the fact that a person could have his face on the tongue of a shoe. That was my inception, my genesis in being obsessed with sneakers. They didn't make them in kid sizes or I would have definitely begged for a pair. Til this day I have never owned a pair and have no desire to, but this is the shoe I have to give credit to.

I'm not into the 'culture' or whatever that is. I seriously just like the sneakers. They remind me of when I was younger watching MJ and Allen Iverson playing. Probably seeing the black/red 11s on the kids at my high school caught my eye, but getting the white/red 12s as my first pair made me so happy and literally changed how I treated my possessions.

'96-'97
View media item 812848
These are one of the first that I bought with my OWN MONEY. I fell in love with those air bubbles on sight.

I did so many yards, etc for that damn shoe :lol:
I remember that Saturday when I got them. Afterwards I couldn't wait to put them on.
Said f it & wore them down the street to the corner store, walking so cool (looking at my feet in every storefront window) but trying not to get any dirt on the white parts :lol:
Repped! Remember purchasing these as a jr in hs at NT pdx. Worked my *** off all winter busting concrete and laying bricks to purchase for spring :smokin. Next up were these ....View media item 813276

Back
Top Bottom