What other hobbies/collections do you have?

I Collect H.O. Scale model trains........Would love to construct a layout one day depicting the Northeast....but dont have the time or $ @ the moment....I don't usually tell people since its usually the hobby of old white men, and not young AA males from NY...lol

Originally Posted by CWrite78

OJ Simpson gold slammers
roll.gif

got two sitting on my desk

Originally Posted by Vendetta

I have a few decks that I like to play from time to time.  Nothing serious but a few hundred dollars in each one.
I recently found my deck from freaking grade school. It's a White Angel deck (no Serra though
frown.gif
). I have a bunch of rare cards from the mid-90's. Will post my deck soon.

Originally Posted by az5950

I Collect H.O. Scale model trains........Would love to construct a layout one day depicting the Northeast....but dont have the time or $ @ the moment....I don't usually tell people since its usually the hobby of old white men, and not young AA males from NY...lol
Bro this is what a Warhammer gathering looks like.
laugh.gif

m99bvm.jpg

This is a piece from the last set I painted some six years ago.

6p6lnr.jpg

Gundams. Latest addition to my collection (not my pic, but looks exactly the same):
img_2643.jpg

I actually have more detail on mine....use gundam markers and all that jazz....too plain otherwise.

^How big is that? I used to mess with the basic Gundam models when I was in elementary school. I always used to see the big boy models in the mini catalogs that came in the box but I wasn't bout that life.

dope thread cwrite.
I used to collect lighters when i went to mexico, had a cool collection of gas lighters

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Records (especially rare and obscure ones):

Spoiler [+]

u think i might be your man,. i got mj thriller album, a few elvis presleys original and diane and the supreme last album way back

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Gundams. Latest addition to my collection (not my pic, but looks exactly the same):
img_2643.jpg

I actually have more detail on mine....use gundam markers and all that jazz....too plain otherwise.
Gundam models are so awesome. Now I want to get back into making them.

I collect Zippo lighters, have about 45 of them. Hobbies of mine are probably cycling, i road and mountain bike. 

Originally Posted by Weekz

my friend also collects old keyboards. as for me i TRY to DJ and have a pretty decent music collection. emphasis on the TRY.

anything in particular he collects?

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Mechanical keyboards are so awesome. I am definitely satisfied with mine and will never go back.

you have a filco tkl with reds right?

i THINK you were the one that told me he was getting one in, in the pc thread
Nah, I have a Das with blues. 
What are your favorite switches? I've only typed on blacks and blues and I really didn't like the blacks. They feel pretty stiff and kinda mushy. 

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

^How big is that? I used to mess with the basic Gundam models when I was in elementary school. I always used to see the big boy models in the mini catalogs that came in the box but I wasn't bout that life.
I usually only go for master grades or higher (about 8-10") 1/100 scale models. This one took about 2 days to build, including paint and shading in with the gundam marker. It just sucks because if I didn't do any of that, it would look plain as hell, but its a PITA...worth it in the end though.

If you decide to get back into it, buy online. I lucked out and found this for 50% off at a shop that was liquidating but....online is the best bet.

Originally Posted by Weekz

my friend also collects old keyboards. as for me i TRY to DJ and have a pretty decent music collection. emphasis on the TRY.

Mechanical keyboards are so awesome. I am definitely satisfied with mine and will never go back.

What are your favorite switches? I've only typed on blacks and blues and I really didn't like the blacks. They feel pretty stiff and kinda mushy. 

Blues, absolutely blues. It was my first switch and nothing has been able to match up with it.

In a close second would be buckling spring (IBM model m) and then green (heavier blues). I think I've tried them all and black and red were my least favorite.

DVDs, books, electronics. I have all my old game consoles and my old laptops which I tinker with every other week.

I collect DVD's and Blu Rays, sports ticket stubs and of course sneakers

Hobbies, I like finding new restaurants, visiting museums and monuments, jailbreaking my iPhone and snapping pictures with said iPhone

Blues, absolutely blues. It was my first switch and nothing has been able to match up with it.

In a close second would be buckling spring (IBM model m) and then green (heavier blues). I think I've tried them all and black and red were my least favorite.
I bought the Das specifically for the typing since the blues feel so nice. I've heard that blues are less than ideal for gaming, but I've had no problem.

We actually have a bunch of the IBM model m's at my work. I wanted to take one, but I've read that you need to purchase a very specific ps2/USB adapter for the best performance.

beers to consume. always trying something new. currently waiting on a few bottles being shipped from Oregon.

Back
Top Bottom