What other hobbies/collections do you have?

I have a few decks that I like to play from time to time.  Nothing serious but a few hundred dollars in each one.

Modding every single thing I have, repurposing/breathing life into devices, fixing gadgets, etc. Simply put, I like to make all my devices easier and suitable for all kinds of usage.

examples: 
- I have 2 PSP's and DS's that I have for homebrew. Jailbroke both my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 as well.
- Installed Snow Leopard 10.6.7 on my Dell Mini 10V and on my brothers Dell Mini 9
- Installed Ubuntu 11.10 on a decade old Sony Viao desktop for my brother to do homework, etc.
- Use XBMC on my HP desktop as a media center. Don't really have the funds to fully customize the hardware, as I don't really need a real gaming rig, so I take it for what it is.

- Old gaming systems. I will NEVER give away my old consoles.. still have all my N64 and SNES games. Even though there's ROMs (and yes I have 10 different emulators on my PC), you can't replace the physical thing. 
- Using my old VCR as a TV tuner for basic cable on my PC monitor. It's basically acts as a coaxial to composite video converter
- I drive an old civic so I look for things online that will make my ride more enjoyable, ie: USB chargers, deck w/ AUX, etc.
- Creating images/logos in Photoshop for my organization or for work
- Creating websites and making them look simple and smooth, with useful content

All my friends ask me whenever they have computer problems. They always ask how do I know all this stuff, I really don't know what to say because it's not that hard, all you do is read articles and play around with stuff.

A lot more but that's the basics. Will post pics later.

With that said, I never knew it was called mechanical keyboard. I remember having one like that, and the buttons sounded fantastic. I got rid of it though, might look around for another one soon.

I have a collection of MLB authentic On Field hats.  I have at least one from every team in the league.  Also, ticket stubs from every baseball stadium I've been too, which is about 6.  And hockey pucks with the logos of the cities I've visited as well.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

I have a few decks that I like to play from time to time.  Nothing serious but a few hundred dollars in each one.

finally somebody posts pictures!

all these collections sound great, but pictures would be awesome. i know it's a pain, it doesn't have to be your WHOLE collection.. just a tiny part of it
smile.gif

laugh.gif
thanks. this chick at the dog park i go to asked me about hobbies and i couldn't find a way to tell her without feeling like a total nerd
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Yeah

Phones. Specifically, Android devices. Rooting them, ROM development, customizing the setup, etc. I like it all. And I'm not satisfied unless I have the best device out.

I've gotten in the habit of regularly switching phones so I can stay on top of the game (so to speak.) It's been like this since I first got my hands on the Nexus One when it first released (back when google.com/phone leaked and a bunch of people ordered like a week early.) This is the last month;

Edit: Nice keyboards though. I've been meaning to drop money on a nice one but my only system is this Macbook. (I left my old Desktop back home when I got to college, and my uncle moved in with my mom shortly after... suffice it to say that I don't want ANYTHING to do with that computer,
laugh.gif
)

Help me root my epic 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by brasilianmami

acy07.gif

Nice!
How long have you been collecting those, where do you usually buy them, and how costly has it been for you to maintain and or get the big of a collection?
Also if you're interested, they sell power ranger helmets on ebay.
Most are between $200-$300.
Here's an example of one
img5200d.jpg

i collect money from around the world. going to exchange all of it when i need the money haha.

I have a pretty big 49ers/Bay Area sports memorabilia collection

- Framed/matted Montana, D.Clark, R.Craig, P.Willis Auto'd jerseys.
- 4-5 signed footballs, signed Montana & Clark official helmet with "The Catch" & "The Throw" w/date & play drawn out from "The Catch" game.
- Framed/matted signed Bill Walsh football card with an actual page from the playbook from a game v. Green Bay in 87'.
- Jerry Rice framed highlight reel poster from Upper Deck.
- 49ers 5-time Super Bowl poster w/49 signatures from pretty much every great 49er.

Also got a bunch of signed baseballs from players like W.Mays, McCovey, Rickey Henderson, Bonds, Lincecum, Cain, Wilson and more.

Auto'd Warriors team balls from 90/91, 94 & the We Believe team.

I have no more room in the spare bedroom so I've stopped buying the last couple years. Wifey wants a kid soon and my man cave might have to go.
laugh.gif

90% of the stuff I have was signed in person so half of the fun was being able to meet a lot of my favorite athletes.

*will post pics from my work comp tomorrow if y'all want*

With that said, I never knew it was called mechanical keyboard. I remember having one like that, and the buttons sounded fantastic. I got rid of it though, might look around for another one soon.

do so
smile.gif
typing on a mechanical keyboard is so awesome.

@ JordanXI45 i am definitely jealous of your niner collection. im a HUGE niner fan.

I collect table hockey teams from a table hockey set that was manufactured back in the early 90's. It's annoying because some of the teams go for $200 on eBay.

I'm just horde things period. I'm an alley cat, dumpster diver so I have a bunch of random stuff. Recycle recycle recycle. I have pounds upon pounds of plastic, glass and metal stacked up in my apartment.

My new thing is guns. Shot my first AR today. I'm pretty accurate with a rifle. I goto gun shows with my brother every year but I would only buy knives because I can't carry in Chicago. I'm going to buy a new gun/rifle every year. And apparently ammo is getting harder to stock and more expensive. Might look into becoming an arms dealer.

My other new thing is old literature on spirituality. I've recently discovered a few literatures from my ancestors. They are rare though, and I can only find electronic copies. You'd be surprised how many well respected "scientific" people wrote literature on spirituality under pen names and aliases. You'd be surprised how much disinfo is out there regarding views from certain kinds of people. All I got really.

I also collect vintage synthesizers, but that's more of a work thing as I work in audio production, and make supplemental income out of repair and restoration. Even after I "stop working" in production I will keep them forever, for my kids/family.

-Basketball cards
-Hot wheels & other die cast collectibles
-Soccer jerseys
-Hats

Smh
30t6p3b.gif
at the looks of my shed.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

anybody ever collect pogs?

damn i had a TON of those. OJ Simpson gold slammers
roll.gif

I remember I used to have a bunch of them from In 'N Out

Hobbies: Starcraft II, Texas Hold em, Basketball, Working Out
Collections: I used to have a big tech deck dude collection, I still have around 25 tech deck dudes stashed in bag.

Back
Top Bottom