What other hobbies/collections do you have?

was researching parts of my first computer build about a year and a half ago and i figured i might as well get everything new (keyboard/mouse/headphones/speakers) and i stumbled upon a keyboard section of overclock.net started reading up on mechanical keyboards and instantly became hooked when i got my first one. started joining other forums for keyboard enthusiasts and this is the result lol.

by far the nerdiest thing i've been into..

35b5hd4.jpg

my favorite part, aside from the feel of the keyboards are the fact you can customize them however you like with different keycaps
1j59y0.jpg

anyway, what else are you guys into collecting or hobbies? post pictures if possible

I started selling off some of my Jordans to buy some jerseys that I've wanted for a long time. I also have a pretty large magazine collection.

Nail polish. I help pick em out for my girl and do her nails *shrug* I don't like a girl with ugly nails.

Phones. Specifically, Android devices. Rooting them, ROM development, customizing the setup, etc. I like it all. And I'm not satisfied unless I have the best device out.

I've gotten in the habit of regularly switching phones so I can stay on top of the game (so to speak.) It's been like this since I first got my hands on the Nexus One when it first released (back when google.com/phone leaked and a bunch of people ordered like a week early.) This is the last month;

Edit: Nice keyboards though. I've been meaning to drop money on a nice one but my only system is this Macbook. (I left my old Desktop back home when I got to college, and my uncle moved in with my mom shortly after... suffice it to say that I don't want ANYTHING to do with that computer,
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by Trav T

I started selling off some of my Jordans to buy some jerseys that I've wanted for a long time. I also have a pretty large magazine collection.

yeah i have a crap load of Front magazines.. but that started getting expensive and i started getting lazy going to go buy them

2e17ivo.jpg

Originally Posted by Yeah

Phones. Specifically, Android devices. Rooting them, ROM development, customizing the setup, etc. I like it all. And I'm not satisfied unless I have the best device out.

I've gotten in the habit of regularly switching phones so I can stay on top of the game (so to speak.) It's been like this since I first got my hands on the Nexus One when it first released (back when google.com/phone leaked and a bunch of people ordered like a week early.) This is the last month;

i tried that for awhile, but phones are super expensive out of contract so that didnt last long lol

I collect soccer jerseys. I have at least 30 since about 2006. I also jailbreak apple devices on craigslist for $20 each. Its a hobby I make decent money off of

CWrite what are the advantages of those keyboards? What makes them better? I think I saw in the PC thread you said some of em can run up in the hundreds.

Originally Posted by decepticon

Nail polish. I help pick em out for my girl and do her nails *shrug* I don't like a girl with ugly nails.

i've been into collecting the Power Rangers Zords from seasons 1 2 3 & Zeo including the morphers.

i really don't know why though..
ohwell.gif

I don't have any real collections, but I've recently started drawing again as a way to pass class time. I used to love drawing, stopped for a few years, and now I'm reactivating my creative skills.

Mainly just cars, planes, rockets, I either do that or read other stuff in class.

Originally Posted by megatron

CWrite what are the advantages of those keyboards? What makes them better? I think I saw in the PC thread you said some of em can run up in the hundreds.

they are usually very well built. the switches last something around 10 million presses. they are really sturdy and there are different switches for different type of users unlike your typical run of the mill keyboards that use rubberdomes.

basically, you buy one and that'll last you awhile. but, like most stuff, different strokes for different folks. some people like mechanical keyboards and can justify the price and some can't.

the only keyboard i've paid a lot for was the grey one in the bottom left hand corner. i paid 400 for it, but only because it's a custom keyboard that was only in small production in a korean forum.

everything else has been under 150. although, the small red one.. i paid around 160 for the case only. but there are only 20 of those made in the world.. and something like 4 are red.

my friend also collects old keyboards. as for me i TRY to DJ and have a pretty decent music collection. emphasis on the TRY.

Originally Posted by Weekz

my friend also collects old keyboards. as for me i TRY to DJ and have a pretty decent music collection. emphasis on the TRY.

anything in particular he collects?

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Mechanical keyboards are so awesome. I am definitely satisfied with mine and will never go back.

you have a filco tkl with reds right?

i THINK you were the one that told me he was getting one in, in the pc thread

soccer jerseys
soccer cleats
saltwater reef tanks (haven't had one for a couple of years sadly)

nerdiest thing I've ever been into? This is something NOBODY not even my closest friends know about me. There's this fantasy board game called Warhammer, real dungeons and dragons type stuff. I used to paint the figurines.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by megatron

How could you look at yourself in the mirror doing this  *dead*

Im constantly on Ebay and Craiglist looking for good deals on uncommon Lo picces that catch my eye. Currently i have piles of Lo just sitting that i have no intention of wearing  . I used to collect Jordans and Foams but now everybody is a collector and it became to much of a hassle to  obtain kicks I wanted

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

soccer jerseys
soccer cleats
saltwater reef tanks (haven't had one for a couple of years sadly)

nerdiest thing I've ever been into? This is something NOBODY not even my closest friends know about me. There's this fantasy board game called Warhammer, real dungeons and dragons type stuff. I used to paint the figurines.
laugh.gif

some of those are
pimp.gif
tho

Back
Top Bottom