What is your policy on Facebook and family?

i added them but
30t6p3b.gif
@ liking my status and %$%+

I deleted my mom and all her friends... basically anyone over the age of 45. I felt like they were trying to get too involved in my business.

Too those that don't understand why some don't want certain members of the fam added, think of it like this: You're having a get together at your crib and inviting all of your friends. You're gonna be playing the music you like and everything. Now would you invite your Mom, great aunt, your moms coworkers and your 13 y/o cousin to this get together? No. There are times you would have get togethers for family only, but the two seldom mix.

That's the "feel" facebook had initially, an online site to kick back and chit chat with your friends. When everyone was granted access it changed the atmosphere tremendously.

I deleted my mom and all her friends... basically anyone over the age of 45. I felt like they were trying to get too involved in my business.

Too those that don't understand why some don't want certain members of the fam added, think of it like this: You're having a get together at your crib and inviting all of your friends. You're gonna be playing the music you like and everything. Now would you invite your Mom, great aunt, your moms coworkers and your 13 y/o cousin to this get together? No. There are times you would have get togethers for family only, but the two seldom mix.

That's the "feel" facebook had initially, an online site to kick back and chit chat with your friends. When everyone was granted access it changed the atmosphere tremendously.

I've never added my parents. But when I see people that do have their parents added as friends I always imagine that they're in the living room or some iish both on FB talking to each other on there. 
laugh.gif

I've never added my parents. But when I see people that do have their parents added as friends I always imagine that they're in the living room or some iish both on FB talking to each other on there. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

QFT!

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

QFT!

i aint added none of my fam, i prolly should add my cousins tho but i just dont want them seein all them pics of me intoxicated or in possession of anything i shouldnt have. my fam pretty much already know wat i do tho

i aint added none of my fam, i prolly should add my cousins tho but i just dont want them seein all them pics of me intoxicated or in possession of anything i shouldnt have. my fam pretty much already know wat i do tho

to not hurt their feelings, just approve their requests, then put them on limited access to your account, you can hide your posts and activities you do from them.. and if you dont want to see any of their posts, then hide them. most of them especially the older ones, wont even notice
happy.gif
hth
laugh.gif

to not hurt their feelings, just approve their requests, then put them on limited access to your account, you can hide your posts and activities you do from them.. and if you dont want to see any of their posts, then hide them. most of them especially the older ones, wont even notice
happy.gif
hth
laugh.gif

Parents don't know about technology so they aren't on it.
I won't add family members (cousins).

Parents don't know about technology so they aren't on it.
I won't add family members (cousins).

i add them. it's no secret i like to get "altered". i couldn't care less what they see.  even my grandma's my friend.
laugh.gif

i add them. it's no secret i like to get "altered". i couldn't care less what they see.  even my grandma's my friend.
laugh.gif

just block em from what you dont want them too see. all my fam sees is my main picture and whatever they post on my wall, everything else is blocked.

Back
Top Bottom