What if acid throwing became a popular crime in the U.S.?

Like if it was happening as much as muggings and assaults. Would you still leave the house?

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Arizona Mom Hit With Acid Days After Similar Attack on Woman in Washington
[/h2]http://www.foxnews.com/us...-acid-attack-police-say/

An Arizona mother is suffering from severe burns to her face and chest after another woman allegedly threw a powerful acid at her face, MyFoxPhoenix.com reports.

Authorities said Derri Velarde of Mesa, Ariz., was getting out of her car at an apartment complex on Friday when a female suspect approached her and threw acid in her face, according to the station.

Investigators reportedly believe the incident was not a random attack and say the suspect hid behind Velarde's vehicle, waiting for the 41-year-old to get out of work.

"I don't know what could go through a person's head to do something like that," David Dias, the victim's son, told KPHO.com. "I mean if it was jealousy or trying to hurt someone's appearance like that, it's disgusting and wrong and there's a special place in hell for people like that."

"When I saw her for the first time, when she was being wheeled out of the room, I saw the burn marks and the scars. and at first she was happy to see us. Then you could see she broke down, and it's tough to see your mom like that," Dias told the website.

Police are searching for the suspect, described as 30 to 40 year-old Hispanic female, 5'6" and weighing 140 pounds. The suspect is believed to have black shoulder-length hair, authorities said, and was reportedly wearing a black tank top and black sweat pants with a white stripe at the time of the attack.

The assault on Velarde comes just days after 28-year-old Bethany Storro was attacked in Vancouver, Wash., with an acid that disintegrated her clothing and left her with severe burns to her face and chest.

Storro had just bought a pair of sunglasses and was celebrating a new job when a woman walked up to her with a cup and said: "Hey pretty girl, do you want to drink this?"

The woman then splashed acid in the cup on Storro.

"It was the most painful thing ever," Storro said during a press conference on Thursday. "My heart stopped. It ripped through my clothing the instant it touched my shirt; I could feel it burning through my second layer of skin."

Storro's mother said her daughter was getting something out of her car before heading into a Starbucks when the woman approached her with the cup. Storro said the woman was wearing a green top and khaki pants.

Unlike Velarde's attack, police do no believe Storro was targeted.

"I have never, ever seen this girl in my entire life," Storro said. "When I first saw her, she had this weirdness about her -- like jealousy, rage."

Storro said she wanted to find her assailant and ask: "Why?" Was it was a dare, or did the woman wake up Monday morning and tell herself that today, she was going to "carry some acid in a cup and throw it on the first person I see?" Storro said.

Like if it was happening as much as muggings and assaults. Would you still leave the house?

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Arizona Mom Hit With Acid Days After Similar Attack on Woman in Washington
[/h2]http://www.foxnews.com/us...-acid-attack-police-say/

An Arizona mother is suffering from severe burns to her face and chest after another woman allegedly threw a powerful acid at her face, MyFoxPhoenix.com reports.

Authorities said Derri Velarde of Mesa, Ariz., was getting out of her car at an apartment complex on Friday when a female suspect approached her and threw acid in her face, according to the station.

Investigators reportedly believe the incident was not a random attack and say the suspect hid behind Velarde's vehicle, waiting for the 41-year-old to get out of work.

"I don't know what could go through a person's head to do something like that," David Dias, the victim's son, told KPHO.com. "I mean if it was jealousy or trying to hurt someone's appearance like that, it's disgusting and wrong and there's a special place in hell for people like that."

"When I saw her for the first time, when she was being wheeled out of the room, I saw the burn marks and the scars. and at first she was happy to see us. Then you could see she broke down, and it's tough to see your mom like that," Dias told the website.

Police are searching for the suspect, described as 30 to 40 year-old Hispanic female, 5'6" and weighing 140 pounds. The suspect is believed to have black shoulder-length hair, authorities said, and was reportedly wearing a black tank top and black sweat pants with a white stripe at the time of the attack.

The assault on Velarde comes just days after 28-year-old Bethany Storro was attacked in Vancouver, Wash., with an acid that disintegrated her clothing and left her with severe burns to her face and chest.

Storro had just bought a pair of sunglasses and was celebrating a new job when a woman walked up to her with a cup and said: "Hey pretty girl, do you want to drink this?"

The woman then splashed acid in the cup on Storro.

"It was the most painful thing ever," Storro said during a press conference on Thursday. "My heart stopped. It ripped through my clothing the instant it touched my shirt; I could feel it burning through my second layer of skin."

Storro's mother said her daughter was getting something out of her car before heading into a Starbucks when the woman approached her with the cup. Storro said the woman was wearing a green top and khaki pants.

Unlike Velarde's attack, police do no believe Storro was targeted.

"I have never, ever seen this girl in my entire life," Storro said. "When I first saw her, she had this weirdness about her -- like jealousy, rage."

Storro said she wanted to find her assailant and ask: "Why?" Was it was a dare, or did the woman wake up Monday morning and tell herself that today, she was going to "carry some acid in a cup and throw it on the first person I see?" Storro said.

Dude...I'm in Arizona for college and Mesa is like 45 minutes away. I feel bad for this lady
tired.gif

Dude...I'm in Arizona for college and Mesa is like 45 minutes away. I feel bad for this lady
tired.gif

Jealousy?  Damn these chicks are taking hating to the next level.

NASA better start selling acid resistant suits for the low.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

[h2][/h2]

This woman needs help.

[h1] [/h1]
[h1]Woman admits acid attack was self-inflicted [/h1] [h2] Vancouver, Wash., police say discrepancies led to story's unraveling [/h2]
100916-storro-%20vsmall-4p.grid-3x2.jpg

msnbc.com staff and news service reports

updated 9/16/2010 9:29:05 PM ET

VANCOUVER, Wash — A woman who claimed she was the victim of an acid attack has admitted her injuries were self-inflicted, Vancouver, Wash., police said Thursday afternoon.

Police Chief Clifford Cook said at an afternoon news conference that Bethany Storro, 28, told detectives the truth during an interview after discrepancies emerged in her story.

Her interview was conducted after a search of her home, which she shares with her parents, police said. Interviews with her family are continuing, they said.

Police will turn over their findings to prosecutors who will decide if charges will be filed against Storro, 28.

They said they were not ready to discuss Storro's motivations. Storro is remorseful and in a "fragile mental state," police said.

Splash patterns and other parts of the story, like wearing sunglasses at night, led to the unraveling of Storro's story, Cook said.

"All things that didn't add up to the circumstance," Cook said.

The revelation followed the cancellation of Storro's scheduled Thursday appearance on "Oprah."

On her Facebook, Storro had said she canceled because the show might stray from the religious inspiration she to deliver.

However, others in Vancouver saw the move as evidence that Storro's story was phony from the beginning.

Storro originally claimed a black woman with a ponytail threw acid in her face at night on Aug. 30 as she was celebrating a new job and had just bought a pair of sunglasses.

Police said it was important to get the word of Storro's confession out immediately to assure the public knew that the Esther Park area of downtown Vancouver, scene of the alleged attack, was safe.

Just a week ago, NBC affiliate KGW TV of Portland, Ore., reported that a remarkably upbeat and candid Storro sat in front of reporters at Legacy Emanuel Hospital and described how a woman threw acid on her face.

She claimed her attacker said "Hey pretty girl, do you want to drink this?" before splashing the acid that burned her face.

Storro said she held the news conference then to draw attention to efforts to find the attacker, but also to talk about her faith.

"I'm here today because of Jesus Christ," she said at the time, adding that the strength of her faith would allow her to move forward.

However, doubts about Storro's veracity were already spreading.

Media analyses, including a posting in The Vancouver Voice, questioned why in her photograph acid burns were absent from her face along her hairline, eyes or lips and none were reported on her neck, shoulders or hair or inside her nose or mouth.

The Vancouver Voice also had reported that homeless witnesses claimed Storro was alone when she fell to the ground screaming.

Chats on The Columbian newspaper website had also questioned the veracity of Storro's tale.

"I'm here today because of Jesus Christ," she said at the time, adding that the strength of her faith would allow her to move forward.

Media analyses, including a posting in The Vancouver Voice, questioned why in her photograph acid burns were absent from her face along her hairline, eyes or lips and none were reported on her neck, shoulders or hair or inside her nose or mouth.

The Vancouver Voice also had reported that homeless witnesses claimed Storro was alone when she fell to the ground screaming.

Chats on The Columbian newspaper website had also questioned the veracity of Storro's tale.

[emoji]169[/emoji] 2010 msnbc.com

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

[h2][/h2]

This woman needs help.

[h1] [/h1]
[h1]Woman admits acid attack was self-inflicted [/h1] [h2] Vancouver, Wash., police say discrepancies led to story's unraveling [/h2]
100916-storro-%20vsmall-4p.grid-3x2.jpg

msnbc.com staff and news service reports

updated 9/16/2010 9:29:05 PM ET

VANCOUVER, Wash — A woman who claimed she was the victim of an acid attack has admitted her injuries were self-inflicted, Vancouver, Wash., police said Thursday afternoon.

Police Chief Clifford Cook said at an afternoon news conference that Bethany Storro, 28, told detectives the truth during an interview after discrepancies emerged in her story.

Her interview was conducted after a search of her home, which she shares with her parents, police said. Interviews with her family are continuing, they said.

Police will turn over their findings to prosecutors who will decide if charges will be filed against Storro, 28.

They said they were not ready to discuss Storro's motivations. Storro is remorseful and in a "fragile mental state," police said.

Splash patterns and other parts of the story, like wearing sunglasses at night, led to the unraveling of Storro's story, Cook said.

"All things that didn't add up to the circumstance," Cook said.

The revelation followed the cancellation of Storro's scheduled Thursday appearance on "Oprah."

On her Facebook, Storro had said she canceled because the show might stray from the religious inspiration she to deliver.

However, others in Vancouver saw the move as evidence that Storro's story was phony from the beginning.

Storro originally claimed a black woman with a ponytail threw acid in her face at night on Aug. 30 as she was celebrating a new job and had just bought a pair of sunglasses.

Police said it was important to get the word of Storro's confession out immediately to assure the public knew that the Esther Park area of downtown Vancouver, scene of the alleged attack, was safe.

Just a week ago, NBC affiliate KGW TV of Portland, Ore., reported that a remarkably upbeat and candid Storro sat in front of reporters at Legacy Emanuel Hospital and described how a woman threw acid on her face.

She claimed her attacker said "Hey pretty girl, do you want to drink this?" before splashing the acid that burned her face.

Storro said she held the news conference then to draw attention to efforts to find the attacker, but also to talk about her faith.

[emoji]169[/emoji] 2010 msnbc.com

damn this isn't to far away from me... I'd be on death row if this happened to a loved one. I take that back, I'd be going down and taking as much peepz w/ me.

damn this isn't to far away from me... I'd be on death row if this happened to a loved one. I take that back, I'd be going down and taking as much peepz w/ me.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

ninjahood already got one
dg3sw5.jpg

Somebody needs to add to this a 176 & Broadway intersection street sign.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

ninjahood already got one
dg3sw5.jpg

Somebody needs to add to this a 176 & Broadway intersection street sign.

Back
Top Bottom