What does god's love feel like to you?

I went to church today, which I rarely do.

Today's topic was about feeling god's love and how without it, a person can never achieve internal peace.

I'm interested in knowing your guys'(theists) thoughts on this.
You want me to show you where he touches me?
I'm assuming your heart.

Last edited:
All internal or Eternal peace actually is, is confidence. That's all it really is. If you listen to people speak of, or you actually read the bible and other spiritual text in metaphor, you'll see many parallels to what many percieve to be common sense. Being spiritual, actually means being mindful of others, which is why many religious leaders are feeling as if there is an end of time coming soon, due to people not really giving a damn about one another.  They see the signs like with Sandy Hook, also Hurricane Sandy, where a man turned away a woman and her children, only to see her boys be taken away by a flood. For those who are highly sensitive to such matters, it seems like there is no love coming from any God in these times.

Only time I can say I feel a 'god' is when I smoke some trees sometimes.. also on shrooms

thats when I think to my self "God hooked me up"

then I enjoy the small things

Being spiritual, actually means being mindful of others, which is why many religious leaders are feeling as if there is an end of time coming soon, due to people not really giving a damn about one another.  They see the signs like with Sandy Hook, also Hurricane Sandy, where a man turned away a woman and her children, only to see her boys be taken away by a flood. 
The problem is that terrible things have been happening all throughout human history. I don't really understand how recent times can indicate that an end is near when the world has historically been an awful place. 

i dont know if i know......maybe.....

protection?......feels like im safe from harm, even when it is inflicted on me......so...peace?.....i dunno how to explain it....yet

The problem is that terrible things have been happening all throughout human history. I don't really understand how recent times can indicate that an end is near when the world has historically been an awful place. 
I think that you are overstating the obvious here. Their point about those terrible things that may happen, is that we, as humans, can actually do something to stop the madness, as it is within our power.

But for some strange reason, we just...don't...do it.

200 hundred years ago, we didn't have the power to destroy the entire planet, but now we do.

200 hundred years ago, people didn't want to destroy the entire planet. They understood that we still needed a place to live. Now people are willing to destroy the planet, just to maintain their right to own something as stupid as a gun.

Never before at any point in time, has our entire existence been threatened by such frivolity.

Last edited:
How would one know that what you feel is God's love, though? Like is God's love a different kind of love from everyone else or what?

your grandma sounds like she was a smart lady.
She did 102 years on this planet. It behooves me to listen to what she had to say. Not 102 years of battling illness either. Strong. People who understood not having any fear, lived well, and continue to do so.

Confidence is a mofo.

I think that you are overstating the obvious here. Their point about those terrible things that may happen, is that we, as humans, can actually do something to stop the madness, as it is within our power.

But for some strange reason, we just...don't...do it.

200 hundred years ago, we didn't have the power to destroy the entire planet, but now we do.

200 hundred years ago, people didn't want to destroy the entire planet. They understood that we still needed a place to live. Now people are willing to destroy the planet, just to maintain their right to own something as stupid as a gun.

Never before at any point in time, has our entire existence been threatened by such frivolity.
I see your point, and I'm not disagreeing with what you said here, but that wasn't really the direction I was going in with my response. This statement here was what I was commenting on:
Being spiritual, actually means being mindful of others, which is why many religious leaders are feeling as if there is an end of time coming soon, due to people not really giving a damn about one another. 
I'm just pointing out that people haven't been giving a damn about one another for a really long time. It's nothing recent which is why I don't see how that's a sign of the end times. You also mentioned Sandy Hook and Hurricane Katrina which are just two of many tragedies throughout human history. 

Back
Top Bottom