What do you use your credit card for?

everything, especially whatever is getting me 5% cashback for the quarter.

always pay off in full every month. if i get to half of my limit i pay off then also.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by pacmandreads

Everything! Cash back and rewards
pimp.gif
This.
I dont care if its 27 cents.  I'm putting it on my card.  As long as you arent an irresponsible dummy, there is no reason not to use your card for everything.  A lot of the better cards have purchase protection, extended warranty, and a myriad of other benefits.  The real bonus is the cash back and/or rewards points.  I've racked up enough points this year to buy $1,000 of airfare, FOR FREE.  Thank you Chase for my free airline ticket to Europe this Fall.  I payoff my balance in full at the end of the month so I never accrue interest.
i use to always do this

but from what i understand you want to have carry a small balance for credit reporting

For those of you who say "everything" you might want to consider what percentage of your available credit you are using each month.

Regardless of whether you pay off your balance in full each month, your utilization ratio does affect your credit score. A lot of experts say that 10-30% is an ideal ratio, although I have seen as high as 50%.

I only use American Express for practically everything. Everything is paid of at the end of the month. I rack up close to 15-20k in points so get 150-200 dollars in rewards every month which I use to make more money.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

For those of you who say "everything" you might want to consider what percentage of your available credit you are using each month.

Regardless of whether you pay off your balance in full each month, your utilization ratio does affect your credit score. A lot of experts say that 10-30% is an ideal ratio, although I have seen as high as 50%.

I hope you guys have high credit limits to be using it or everything. I only use mine for bills.
laugh.gif

30% is the magic limit per month. 
It's still up in the air on carrying a balance or paying it off each month, but I've heard pay it off each month much more.

Most of these dudes don't sound like they give a damb about a credit score 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solegit08til

30% is the magic limit per month. 
It's still up in the air on carrying a balance or paying it off each month, but I've heard pay it off each month much more.

Most of these dudes don't sound like they give a damb about a credit score 
laugh.gif
I jammed myself up before leaving a balance and I ended up losing my job and getting hospitalized, I'm afraid of that %#^$ 
laugh.gif
. I got a few years before hitting 30. I will get right. 

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by pacmandreads

Everything! Cash back and rewards
pimp.gif
This.
I dont care if its 27 cents.  I'm putting it on my card.  As long as you arent an irresponsible dummy, there is no reason not to use your card for everything.  A lot of the better cards have purchase protection, extended warranty, and a myriad of other benefits.  The real bonus is the cash back and/or rewards points.  I've racked up enough points this year to buy $1,000 of airfare, FOR FREE.  Thank you Chase for my free airline ticket to Europe this Fall.  I payoff my balance in full at the end of the month so I never accrue interest.
QFT

Pay off what you can afford and don't go on a binge and you'll be fine. It is so convenient to just use the CC and pay it off in a week opposed to the moment. Micro Loan FTW

Edit: I don't max it out I probably keep it around 10 - 30 % of the limit. I have a pretty comfy limit

not to thread jack, but now that we got uses down, lets hear some good cards out there and why???

Does anyone know a legit way to check there credit report for free, I had freecreditreport.com but i didn't want to continue playing the monthly fee when I only used it on and off every couple of months. I came across Credit.com credit report card, says its free and updates every 30 days but I never heard of them.

Amex Gold. Not paying 495 a year for the Platinum. lol

Food
Gas
Going out
Few other misc things.

Thats the good thing about having a Amex charge card. Everything has to be paid at the end of the month, so you are forced to spend within your means. And to those who go wild just buying things and only pay the min payment, ya'll are crazy.

everything! I use it for everyday purchase and then use the money in my checking to pay it off. I get reward points plus my credit will look good. Boss

Points, Points, Points.

I NEVER carry a balance from one month to the next but I get the points and cash back.

gas, groceries, shoes...dont really buy groceries anymore..so just gas and bigger items. recently used for vacation tix.

Back
Top Bottom