What do you think of the NBA having a professional team in London or any other country? possible?

NBA players don't wanna play for 80% of the cities in America why in the hell would they want to go to a different country.

It's gonna happen in the near future I believe

My question is, are they gonna make new teams or what?

30 teams is enough teams.. There's already teams that should be contracted

The travel commitment is too much. A London team would have to go on extended road trips to make it feasible, and that's just never going to happen.

id prefer a team in monterrey, mexico.

I remember the last time i went to mexico, about ten years ago, they had like a 3 on 3 hoop it up going.

id prefer a team in monterrey, mexico.

I remember the last time i went to mexico, about ten years ago, they had like a 3 on 3 hoop it up going.
PR seems more likely with the talent they have (maybe Melo goes (jk Knicks fans))

Not with only one team in Europe.

As mentioned, the team based in London would have to play an extreme amount of games on the road. That alone puts the players at a disadvantage compared to the rest of the league. Then, you'd have each team flying out there just for one game at a time?

Some players would certainly be open to being in London, I'm sure... but I think they'd have trouble attracting free agents who would be willing to play so many games on the road at one time.

vancouver should get another shot. i always heard players loved playing in/going to vancouver.

It's gonna happen in the near future I believe

My question is, are they gonna make new teams or what?

30 teams is enough teams.. There's already teams that should be contracted

They have to expand by two, and if Seattle doesn't get a relocation, they're getting one of the two (which wouldn't be until 2016, at the earliest, probably). And I agree that the NBA doesn't need anymore teams, I'm just telling you what would happen if they did expand. The NBA is not putting two teams in Europe over not having a team in Seattle. We can all agree on that.

NBA players don't wanna play for 80% of the cities in America why in the hell would they want to go to a different country.
laugh.gif
this and the travel.  Too much.

Like others have said, traveling would be an issue and I really don't think there would be enough support for an NBA team...

It can work, but it cannot just be one team.

They'd need 4-6 teams to make a Euro division so those teams could play more oftem with teams within a reasonable distance to each other. Then of course they'd have to stay longer during road trips here to the US but its very manageable. The flights arent that bad. Players make millions remember? Players aren't going to have a problem with it, it'd give more players an opportunity to make the league and maybe recruit more undiscovered European talent. Everyone wins.

4 teams I can see in Europe are def -

Barcelona
Madrid
London
Paris

I've been to those places when I was a kid till now and basketball has become much bigger than I ever expected. London not so much but they'd need a team to catch on and get into the hype.

This will be done one day. David Stern has done a great job of globalizing the NBA. Better than any other commish in the 4 sports. He's already setting up the blueprint for when he leaves. I'd say by 2020 it can be done.

Last edited:
never work. no way u come from london to US n go to 30 cities 41+ times.

imagine first round of playoffs... :x

Start an NBA Euro league with 10-20 teams 
glasses.gif
 The G is for Global

Last edited:
With David Stern retiring soon i hope he takes this idea with him. Traveling will be a problem. Seeing as how long the season is, it will catch up to them. CoupeIT88 makes a valid point that they will need to have some type of Euro division to make season travel distance a bit reasonable.

Last edited:
they could if they reduce the number of regular season games

european countries have their own leagues tho..

Wouldn't work.

If they want to set up some kind of European branch of the NBA that doesn't play against the North American league I don't see why not. Trying to get American players to fly transatlantic flights to and from Europe isn't going to work though.

Many of you really think it won't work huh? I'm telling y'all it could.

Add a couple more games to the season, make the season longer. Implement a Euro-division of the NBA and all other matters such as scheduling can be easily manageable.

It's not even a matter of will it work anymore, it's going to happen. Europe is an untapped gold-mine that the NBA is waiting to feast on. 2020's is going to look crazy for the NBA.

Back
Top Bottom