what celebrity's career is winding down Vol: 15 minutes of fame

out of the rappers i listed i liked jcole the most :lol:

I guess I disagree. Cole and Kendrick have a lot of time left. Their success points to the idea that hip hop/rap with substance (from new artists aside from the vets like Nas) still has its place in the main stream. For a while people thought music like that wouldn't ever make it and those types of artists would have to dumb it down of they wanted commercial success. They proved that to be false. Like K Dot said "Real people want real music, the jig is up".

i agree they do have a lot of time left but they arent really bringing any hot songs imo
i like rappers consistent a lot of you dudes dont like drake (i dont like him either) but musically hes been consistent anyone can see that
lol lots of kedrick lamar fans in this thread dont wanna rustle some jimmies but i think hes gonna slowly disappear after his album though srs

-flame suit-

Odd Future- never liked these guys but I've been aware of their music. Haven't heard a peep from any of em. :smokin

same here hope it stays that way too :lol:

Last edited:
U. Think Kendrick is gonna disappear after his last album. This how we know u ain't listen to it. This is his 4th project he released.

Kendrick Lamar EP
Overly Dedicated
Section 80

And now good kid maad city

All 3 of those albums/ mix tapes r arguably better than one another that's how good they all are.

What other rapper has had other rappers going crazy over his album like Kendrick did?

That day he was on stage and got the torch passes to him.. What other rapper has had that happen?

Kendrick is the truth. Lyrics and melodies.

Last edited:
Only reason OF hasn't been buzzing for a while is because Tyler hasn't released anything... soon as he drops another song/video the slobbing shall commence.

I think they're going to be around for a while. But they have already unfortunately reached their peak of relevance and popularity

Only reason OF hasn't been buzzing for a while is because Tyler hasn't released anything... soon as he drops another song/video the slobbing shall commence.

I think they're going to be around for a while. But they have already unfortunately reached their peak of relevance and popularity

when we speak of OF are we counting Frank Ocean? Because he still has a pretty big buzz

i think they are actually working on season 2 of loiter squad...im sure we will also see them in the next jackass movie too if they were to do one..

i wouldnt even consider frank OF..hes just affiliated with em..

same here hope it stays that way too :lol:

Honestly I love odd future,

They still release things. Tyler the creator is releasing the 3rd album in his goblin trilogy.

But I think kid cudi is the one on the steepest hill though. He had a tantrum with his label on how they handled the Man on the Moon 2 release so he won't even release Motm 3 until 2014. And he went "indicud" with the rock music.

I hope motm 3 is as good as the 1st two though...

I don't understand how people with established careers, especially those with a over decade of experience can even possibly be considered "15 minutes of fame"
Ja Rule had an established career before 50 came dropped GRODT and look what happened to him.

Come back 3 pages later people are still CLUELESS as to what "15 mins of fame" means :smh:.

Example of 15 mins of fame: Dudes who made "Party Like a Rockstar". Came out of nowhere, had a hit song, got a record deal, dropped a album, nobody ever cared about them again. All within the same yr.

That's "15 minutes of fame" not Cam'Ron, not Drake, not Chad Johnson, not T.I.

Career declining =/= "15 minutes of fame".

Jeremy Lin is an athlete first, not really a celebrity. Linsanity was the 15 minutes, Jeremy Lin? My dude is the starting PG for the Rockets, he passed the 15 min trial period.
laugh.gif

I don't understand how people with established careers, especially those with a over decade of experience can even possibly be considered "15 minutes of fame"
Ja Rule had an established career before 50 came dropped GRODT and look what happened to him.
According to wikipedia, Ja Rule has sold 30 million albums, including 4 consecutive platinum releases. That was a damn good '15 minutes' he had. :lol:
By your logic the only real celeb is Bruce Springsteen.

Last edited:

when we speak of OF are we counting Frank Ocean? Because he still has a pretty big buzz
nah i don't consider him part of OF's core group.. Hodgy, Left Brain, Earl, Mike G, Tyler etc.

Frank isn't even near his full potential yet imo

How is Frank not in OF's core group? Just cause he doesnt rep them in his songs and sounds totally different...

How is Frank not in OF's core group? Just cause he doesnt rep them in his songs and sounds totally different...
i simply mean he wasn't around in the beginning... OF started in 07 and Frank wasn't really down until 2010. Also those other guys buzz is depended on Tyler so whenever he's not in the "scene" they're irrelevant. That's not the case for Frank.

To make a poor comparison... Tyler is Lil Wayne and Frank is Drake.. Drake can generate his own buzz but someone like Lil Twist would need a feature or public co-sign from Wayne to be relevant.

Back
Top Bottom