What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

Anybody ever cop the Costco Kirkland 40? Heard they're down to as low as 299 now. Before you scoff it's rebranded glenlivet 40, which is a steal for an almost 2k bottle.

Anybody ever cop the Costco Kirkland 40? Heard they're down to as low as 299 now. Before you scoff it's rebranded glenlivet 40, which is a steal for an almost 2k bottle.

Damn. That's wild. Might have to give that a whirl. My SVP was just telling me the other day how all he drinks now is Kirkland. Said the vodka is an absolute steal.

What is the cheapest thing you would sip on lol.

I dont mind evan williams black label.

Repped. Bill Murray one of my OG heroes (with Eddie, Chevy n' em....)

I poured my girlfriends sister's man a Macallan 12 last night and the dude took one sip and couldn't finish it. He only drinks "Henny". Never again. 

This reminds me of the dude my wife's best friend brought to Christmas dinner who asked for an ice cube for a glass of Brunello (fantastic Italian red wine).

I ain't even speak to dude for the rest of the night.

We keep that good red on deck too.....

View media item 1845148

Last edited:
You got any temp control? You're out east, right? No knock - curious about the humidity etc effecting the wine.

I have them out right now because it's not THAT warm.

Minus a few days here and there. If it is, we have the AC on inside so they stay pretty chill.

I'm shopping for a wine fridge now.

Wine fridges are hit or miss. Honestly, I have one and it's not that great. One side stopped working so I condensed to one side only but the temp is much more consistent

Hell if you have a crawl space or a cool spot under a staircase or the crib, it's just as effective. Consistency is probably more important if you store for a bit

I want to start buying wines I can age. From what I'm reading it's really rare to find a wine that ages well after 5-10 years. 

Wine fridges are hit or miss. Honestly, I have one and it's not that great. One side stopped working so I condensed to one side only but the temp is much more consistent

Hell if you have a crawl space or a cool spot under a staircase or the crib, it's just as effective. Consistency is probably more important if you store for a bit

I used to keep them under the AC at my old place. So by a window in the winter (coldest part of the crib) and in a cool spot in the summer with the AC cranking.

I have central air at my new spot so I haven't found that zone yet.

Interesting on the fridges. Probably going to give one with good ratings a go. All my wines are Italian red. So they store at pretty much the same temp.

80% of what's in that pic is 04 or 07 Brunello.

I don't know much about Italian wine other than when I went to Italy, the table wine is real good too

I'm spoiled being an hour from Napa.

Chopper - best bet is finding a couple of wineries you like and finding what their reserve wins or new releases drink like. Some can be opened now and those same you can sit on for a bit too. Usually the winery is helpful for storing info (temp, years)

How much do those cost ^^^^?

Varies. Some can be 25/30/40 a bottle. Others close to 200.

Depends on the vineyard, the yield. Weather conditions are a big factor. 04 and 07 are 5 star years for Brunello. But you can get a great bottle from a 4 star year that's cheaper.

And yes, the table wines are very good. The Rosso is pretty much Brunello that just hasn't been aged as long I believe.

Didn't read anything yet but first post

With that being said idk if it's been said but probably has

Makers mark is my jam I like that on ice how I been drinking last few years mostly
If not that Long Island instead of Coke put in cranberry makes it pink haha
Or margaritas how can u go wrong with that
But I am that classic party white boy and will drink pretty much anything

might be a chick thing but my favorite shot right now is fireball shots...and of course im girly so flavored vodka or vodka and cranberry or redbull and vodka 

Back
Top Bottom