WHAT 1 SONG MADE YOU THINK HIP HIP WAS DEAD, OR KEPT IT ALIVE?

I know some think its dead or thought it was dead until you heard a certain song. I never really thought it was dead until I heard Buddens point out everythingthat was wrong with it.

I believe hip hop will never die. You will always have people who are lyrical who are very serious about the game. But most of these new "dance-hop"as I call them are only on the scene because of their appeal to the younger audience and they are only signed because of the money they bring in. But as longas you have serious artists like Nas, Jay-Z, and a lot of underground artists, Hip hop will live. If I had to pick a song though that so called "killedhip-hop" would be Laffy Taffy by D4L.

111000158m.jpg
when nas came back with this... i was like heck yes! i actually went back to buying cd's...

Not for nothing

Made You Look was the raw essence of hip hop to me. Nas took it way back with that one. I could imagine that song being performed in the park

Killed - Crank Dat
Saved - Undeniable by AZ
imo i know the second song isn't widely known or popular but it did it 4 me

Originally Posted by Verdykt

Laffy Taffy
That and White T def summed it up for me that Hip Hop would never be the same. I don't even feel right callin it such, so let's just say"Rap"

i never thought it was dead...

i don't consider stuff like Laffy Taffy, Soulja Boy,etc. Hip Hop

!@# like soulja boy hurricane chris completely killed hip hop....i don't consider them artists anyway so I still think its alive

the whole snap era killed it for me

but last year when Blu & Exile dropped I felt like there was legit new talent coming into the game

now I'm sure there is

Not necessarily a song, but the Jay and Dame Rocafella breakup and Jay-Z becoming Def Jam pres sent hiphop into a downward spiral imo

Originally Posted by itsphillthy

the whole snap era killed it for me

but last year when Blu & Exile dropped I felt like there was legit new talent coming into the game

now I'm sure there is
Co-Sign. That Below the Heavens mixtape made me feel the same way
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lupe was a good breath of fresh air, from his first and fifteen mixtapes to food and liquor

Originally Posted by Verdykt

Laffy Taffy

This and its goin down by young joc.
smh.gif
. I used tothink JEEZY couldn't rap until I heard that crap. Hey! I could probably be a rapper now! That line was hot!
smh.gif

Hip-Hop is not dead. Dudes like Soulja Boy and Lil Jon threw some dirt on it and people have mistaken it for what it used to be. Al we need is someone tocomeback and clean it up.

Back
Top Bottom