WHAT 1 SONG MADE YOU THINK HIP HIP WAS DEAD, OR KEPT IT ALIVE?

i think when i heard two primo joints (pitch black and az), i knew hip hop wasn't dead. God i love a primo beat.

I realized hip hop was alive and thriving once i began to understand that mainstream rap isn't hip hop. It's an exploited form of entertainment, pimpedand rapped by rich white executives, designed to appeal to the masses and younger kids. When i gave up on mainstream hip hop/rap, turned off the radio, turnedoff MTV, BET etc, and anything and everything commercial, I began to only listen to good music. This conclusion began almost five years ago but it wasn'tuntil around 2006/2007 that i really understood exactly what hip hop today was to me. I'm extremely appreciative of it because if this realization hadnever happened, i probably wouldn't love hip hop as much as i do today as i would have just stuck with the old school !#$% and the other genres i like andcontinued to sit around a $!*!% about the current state of things like a lot of heads.

For the record, good music isn't exclusive to the underground scene, there's a decent amount of mainstream stuff that has managed to survive, but as awhole mainstream hip hop, rap, whatever you want to call it is trash.

Back
Top Bottom