What’s it like to work at stockX? I quit after 1 day

Status
Not open for further replies.
in this world there are winners and losers.

winners- someone who chases that bag (legally) and does whatever it takes, no matter how tiring to progress and help themselves and those around them

losers- op

no matter how good fakes are, the smell test is an actual thing. real shoes smell differently than fake ones, and that's something fakes can't seem to get right.

Depending on if OP decides to list StockX on his resume, the next place of employment will reach out to ask the following:

1) Is he eligible for rehire? if yes, voluntary resignation (new job, extenuating circumstances, etc.), RIF'd/laid off, etc. If no, then someone was fired or forced to resign from significant performance or disciplinary actions, etc.
2) Dates of employment.

Last edited:
I feel like OP retaliating stockx because something else happened.

Once they find out, i bet a lawsuit gonna come ur way...idk how big of a company they are tho.

Tell us the truth, B.

Depending on if OP decides to list StockX on his resume, the next place of employment will reach out to ask the following:

1) Is he eligible for rehire? if yes, he resigned on good terms, RIF'd/laid off, etc. If no, he was fired or faced significant performance or disciplinary actions
2) Dates of employment.

I ask you guys this:

Isn’t it better to resign on your own terms after 1 day rather than continue to work there miserable and thus not do your job to the best of your ability? Surely management would notice this and I would eventually get fired.

I feel like OP retaliating stockx because something else happened.

Once they find out, i bet a lawsuit gonna come ur way...idk how big of a company they are tho.

Tell us the truth, B.

No. Just a brutal 1st day on the job.

I’m oddly proud of how I left that place. I wanted to walk out mid-shift. I finished my day. Walked in there the next morning, told my boss I wasn’t built for this, and shook hands.

I ask you guys this:

Isn’t it better to resign on your own terms after 1 day rather than continue to work there miserable and thus not do your job to the best of your ability? Surely management would notice this and I would eventually get fired.

there is a good chance the question will come up in an interview, and is at the discretion of the hiring manager to inquire further.

To avoid potential lawsuits, no competent company will outright comment on a former employee's performance, so HR will (probably) utilize a rehire eligibility and service recognition policy.

Last edited:
I work for a background screening company. There's only one way a company can find out where you worked without you telling them and that's by pulling your credit report. A job you worked one day will not be on your credit report. Also, most companies will not comment on rehire eligibility anyway. They just give dates of employment and job title. I've quit plenty of jobs after a day or 2. I stopped that at 29. Some people are slow with this life thing. Don't be too hard on the guy.

I ask you guys this:

You're authenticating sneakers b. Does job experience not look better on your resume? You dont think anyone else in america works a job they don't like?

Leaving the job after 1 day isn't the problem.

Its the part where a grown man went to go cry his eyes out in his car because he had a long day on his first day on the job.

Refer to my previous post to Blastercombo.

Again, it seems like some of y'all are going hard at OP because he doesn't fit your subjective standard of what a man is. Like I asked Blaster, are we all "built" the same? Are you less of man than I am because you can't cut it in organic chemistry or because you don't have a Master's or Ph.d Biochemistry? Are you less of man if you can't match the stamina of the Goldman associate who is working 14 hour days in front of a computer on just 3 hours of sleep? Is one's masculinity defined by how much subjective difficulty or abuse one can stomach? If it is, please let me know as I may have missed that day of man law class.

If the OP is being sincere about everything he is saying, then we have a company that is possibly engaging in consumer fraud on a massive scale, terrible work environment notwithstanding. And yet, y'all are here criticizing dude for not being more passive and complicit. Companies are really out here destroying souls in the push for more profits--in this specific case, profits that will line Dan Gilbert's prejudiced pockets--and y'all are here having a competition about who can be more passive in taking this abuse?

Last edited:
Refer to my previous post to Blastercombo. Again, it seems like some of y'all are going hard at OP because he doesn't fit your subjective standard of what a man is. Like I asked Blaster, are we all "built" the same? Are you less of man than I am because you can't cut it in organic chemistry; because you don't have a Master's or Ph.d? Are you less of man if you can't match the stamina of the Goldman associate who is working 14 hour days in front of a computer on just 3 hours of sleep? Is one's masculinity defined by how much subjective difficulty or abuse one can stomach? If it is, please let me know as I may have missed that day of man law class.

If the OP is being sincere about everything he is saying, then we have a company that is possibly engaging in consumer fraud on a massive scale, terrible work environment notwithstanding. And yet, we are criticizing dude for not being more passive, accepting, and complicit. Companies are really out here destroying souls in the push for more profits--in this specific case, profits that will line Dan Gilbert's prejudiced pockets--and y'all are here having a competition about who can be more passive in taking this abuse?

He could have taken this to reddit then and possibly someone picks this up as a story exposing stockX

You're authenticating sneakers b. Does job experience not look better on your resume? You dont think anyone else in america works a job they don't like?

There’s a big difference between working a job you don’t like vs working a job that breaks you mentally, emotionally, and physically.

The ONLY way I could tolerate the job is if I slacked off all day. If I said screw it, and just slapped green tags on the shoes. Took the shoe out of the box, made it look like I was inspecting it, and prayed that the guy I’m sending the shoe to doesn’t notice its fake/worn. Unfortunately, that wasn’t an option. Each tag is scanned and comes right back to the authenticator that approved it.

no job, no opportunity, no situation is worth your overall happiness and mental health.

sounds like you're going through a transition in life and everything just hit you at once. it's healthy to confront that like you did.

obviously you can't eat positive thoughts so you have to figure your **** out at some point...your life HAS started.

best of luck in your future endeavors.

Reminds me of this job I had one summer in college as a machine operator at this factory/warehouse place that makes plastic containers. Quit after 2 days lol. Basically, the heat, constant movement, and persistent smell of molten plastic was making me physically sick.

Day 1 - Probably made it half way through a 12 hour shift before having to go home. Ended up having to pull over a couple of times to throw up :sick:
Day 2 - I figured maybe I was sick because I was working on an empty stomach or dehydrated. Made sure I ate well and drank hella water before coming in and it wasn't even 4 hours until I was projectile vomiting in the restroom.
Day 3 - Came in the next day to tell them I couldn't do this **** and quit lol

When moms found out, she was heavy with the emasculating insults :smh::lol:

I’m not a cryer. I’ve never had a job that moved me to tears. I really only cry at movies (Homeward bound gets me everytime). I can endure/put up with a lot. I’m not going to explain myself anymore. It is what it is. Thanks for all the input.

I’ll bounce back. If nothing arises, I’ll have to sell some sneakers.

giphy.gif

on another note, it'll be interesting to see where people place their sense of self when robots are doing the heavy lifting in like 2034.

Can someone explain the shoe smell thing to me?

What makes a real shoe smell different than a fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom