West Conf. Semifinals Game 1 - San Antonio Spurs vs. Phoenix Suns (5/3 TNT 10:30 pm EDT)

Something tells me the Suns will take this series.

To me it has the aura of Spurs/Mavericks 2006. Mavs could never get past the Spurs but something was different that year, I feel the same way for this series this year.

30602_415619906933_71769686933_5387389_6290543_n.jpg

28119_416091021933_71769686933_5397826_1872010_n.jpg

I don't know what to expect. If Lopez returns, this series goes to the Suns, easy. Without Lopez, Duncan will have whatever he wants.

This is a way different Suns team than past seasons.

Suns in 6.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

this will be the year the suns finally get over the hump against the spurs but it will also be the year the lakers avenge their 2006 and 2007 defeats to phoenix.
Totally agreed!  First thing I thought when the Suns won last night.  They will finally beat the Spurs, but the Lakers will finally beat them and move onto the Finals.  I see you NBA.

Was thinking the same things

All these people saying SUNS Why don't you put your MONEY where you mouth is?

wow, i am surprised at the amount of people saying suns. in my opinion, pop has the suns figured out. amare will get his as usual, but that is about it. they have nobody that can guard ginobili and parker. who wants to bang with dejuan blair when he comes off the bench? i think guys like hill, blair, and rj are gonna have a good series. spurs in 6

Originally Posted by DMan14

wow, i am surprised at the amount of people saying suns. in my opinion, pop has the suns figured out. amare will get his as usual, but that is about it. they have nobody that can guard ginobili and parker. who wants to bang with dejuan blair when he comes off the bench? i think guys like hill, blair, and rj are gonna have a good series. spurs in 6

this guy will give Manu fits... watch

Parker goin off on the Suns though

Manu is not going to wear a mask...He will stick to ban-aids.
game day....Must win for the Spurs.

f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif
GO
SPURS GO!!!
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

...avy check...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

I don't know what to expect. If Lopez returns, this series goes to the Suns, easy. Without Lopez, Duncan will have whatever he wants.

Suns in 6.

lopez will stop duncan? but without him, timmy will domninate amare?
eek.gif

Man its game day...been waiting for this series to start since the last one ended..I'm a huge Spurs fan and I think this will be a tough series for the Spurs, but Amare and Nash will get their usual points but the key is to stop the Suns role players..I have to say if R.J. can get his head out of his !@% and put up 10-15 points then the Spurs will easily win the series. I have my Spurs winning in 6 or 7 games and either taking game 1 or 2

Do yall really think if Lopez came back he can stop Duncan for a 6 or 7 game series? C'mon Duncan is too smart to let that happen.  

I want Phoenix but they have yet to prove they can beat San Antonio is a 7 game series. Plus a lakers vs spurs WCF would be better than LA vs PHX. The spurs match up better against the lakers and can actually beat LA. I don't see phx beating LA

Will be missing the game due to work.
I'll catch the last moments, but hopefully SA can set the bar and steal game 1!

PO

Originally Posted by hellomarco

Suns in 6.

lopez will stop duncan? but without him, timmy will domninate amare?
eek.gif

You seriously would rather have Amare to guard Duncan then Lopez?! Amare will get in foul trouble. Lopez gave TD fits in the 1st quarter last time they played. Lopez didn't end up playing a lot that game though.

Lopez to play tonight
pimp.gif
and the full Suns are back

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

sick.gif

indifferent.gif

I don't want to doubt the Spurs.

If the Spurs can slow the game down and defend the three (someone stop JRich from looking like an All-Star), the Spurs should be able to take it.

Although, this could be a good opportunity for the Suns to get over the Spurs hump.

laugh.gif
 you need to stop listening to chuck...hes got you brainwashed...just cause hes the suns best defender on a team that doesnt play defense doesnt mean hes stopping manu...manu and tony will go off but the player to watch is george hill

jared dudley will shoot outside 3s but thats about it
laugh.gif

Jdiddy931 wrote:

Suns in 6.

laugh.gif
 @ lopez making this an easy series for the suns

youre such a homer homie
laugh.gif

the spurs will always be a threat as long as timmy is in that lineup...yall doubted them before and laughed when i said they are still the biggest threat to the Lakers

spurs in 6

The Spurs have fast break players too... they can and will run with the Suns especially with Hill/Parker/Manu in the game

They must defend the 3... if they dont the Suns win

Then there was the defense. Yes, the defense. In the past, it wasn’t a term often associated with Phoenix basketball. Heck, it still may not be. Truth is, the Suns are so free-flowing and fun on offense, that people just assume they don’t care about the other end.

But they do, and it showed against the Blazers. In fact, it’s the biggest reason why they were able to capture two games in Portland. After all, when the shots aren’t dropping (as they often don‘t away from home), the best way to win on the road is to bend your knees, shuffle your feet and get after the man whom you are guarding.

“At the end of the night, (Portland) shot 38 percent,

and didn't anybody listen to Chuck, if anything he been listening to me saying time and time again that Dudley is a top defender in this league, which he is. And if you don't think so, after watching this series you may want to change your mind.

yo lopez aint playing tonight

i hope duds and the suns can make westcoastsfinest s t f u

hopefully dragic gets extended minutes and barbosa rides the pine

Originally Posted by youngcheezy

yo lopez aint playing tonight

i hope duds and the suns can make westcoastsfinest s t f u

hopefully dragic gets extended minutes and barbosa rides the pine

why no Lopez? I keep hearing he's playing

Back
Top Bottom