Welcome to the new NikeTalk!

i'm trying to search through a thread for previous posts about a topic...but can't figure it out. I went to the search function but nothing comes up.

The notification on new thread's replies does not seem updating in real time. I like the old platform where it'll notify you whenever there are new replies on the thread you are on only. Maybe I just need to adjust.

@HellaSteph I'm getting emails for every post on this thread. How do I turn that off? I have unchecked "and receive email notifications of already are unchecked for" under prefrences and options. Thanks

Finding the actual FORUMS are harder than it should be. Two-Three clicks now vs. a drop down menu with every forum sub topic. I guess I need to start "watching" threads or forums, but even then, it takes additional clicks.

Yeah, Wally... I've had to "watch" a bunch of threads now...

From a navigating perspective, it was easier on the old NT. Plus on old NT, I could tell which threads I've read at or had posted in as they were highlighted with a different color. Not anymore though, so I have to scan each thread title now.

not like it matters just curious since I saw reps were the same? I thought they were gonna get set back
The scores were imported as they were, but the calculation moving forward will no longer be weighted. It will be one person, one vote, one point.

So there's no more email alerts?
Email alerts are available. If you always want email notifications, visit the preferences area under settings. https://niketalk.com/account/preferences

Email-Subscription.gif

Assemble assessment assault associated

Haha when is this gonna get fixed??​
Now.

I'm still not seeing the toaster-popup notification when new posts appear in a thread I have opened.
Saw it once before, but not anymore.

Do I have to activate it or change my settings?
Right now, that only shows up when you're currently composing a reply. Though the new post notifier only worked on desktop on Huddler, it's something we'd like to get working for everyone in the future.

Unfortunately, it's one of those things that may have to wait a few months as there are major changes planned to the core of the forum software we're using, so we don't want to invest a lot of resources into a feature that may need to be rebuilt a few months from now.

Hey Meth the avatars can't be a gif format anymore?
You can use .gifs in your avatar, but they will not animate in the forums.
Still can't change my email.
Are you getting an error or are you unable to locate the option to change it? (It's found under "contact details" in settings.)
not sure if this was already address but are we getting back the original emojis? :confused:
The OG emoji are coming. It's taking longer than we want, in part because there are more important issues to deal with right now, but they are coming back.
Hopefully I finally made it Meth.

The old site it giving me 404 errors now.

But, the saved links from the old site in my chrome browser will they be replaced by the new links from this site?

I supposed I just have to keep using the new site and the old links will eventually go away from my saved recent links things on my browser.
There are redirects available for most pages, so you shouldn't be getting too many errors, but I know some are still not working properly. (If you bookmarked the General forum, for example.) If you come across any, let us know. We'll get those patched up.

cant find that bitcoin thread
Search is still being worked on. It seems like it's working for items added SINCE the migration, but not those posted before.

Short term, you can to go a search engine and type

site:niketalk.com bitcoin thread

Or whatever other thread you're looking for. We sprung for upgraded search capabilities for the new site, so you'd better believe we want those functional. Hopefully the site search function on search engines will be a serviceable workaround for you in the interim. Some redirects aren't functioning correctly, much to my chagrin, so it's possible you'll get a 404 until that's fixed.

Here's a direct link to the thread you're looking for: https://niketalk.com/threads/official-bitcoin-thread.302014/

How do we change the number of threads to a page.

I got so used to the 30-50 whatever it was from old NT that this new 20 threads per page is no bueno.

I have to click to page 2, 3, 4 etc. to find threads that are usually on the front page.

Right now, we're using the same defaults as we did on Huddler, but there's currently no option for users to adjust these on a custom basis. That may change in the future, or we may bump up the default a bit.

I seem to still be getting email notifications for threads I read even though I turned them off. Anyone else having this problem?
It seems that you need to disable these manually for each thread. If you turn off the feature globally, that just means it won't auto-subscribe you any more. It doesn't cancel all active subscriptions.

It's not ideal, but that is unfortunately the way the system works for now.

It's a work-in-progress... Understandable.
Good to know that more options are in the pipeline.

Thanks for all the work, Methodical Management Methodical Management

One quick comment (related to the Bitcoin threads) -- some of the older threads are not showing up on the forum page, even when they have recent posts (the politics thread is one example). Not a priority, but thought I'd bring it up if it's related to something else being worked on currently.

The new alerts are a bit much. A notification that there are new posts to be read is fine, I'm a reader. For others it might be cool if you want to know in advance who replied in particular. So far in digging the new site overall...

With the old setup, browsing various threads, when someone chose to upload their photo to the gallery, I loved that you could cycle through and see what has been uploaded in the thread on the right column of your screen. Very useful in the NEW ERA thread and the NBA JERSEY thread. Pretty much any thread like WDYWT.

Attaching files has become a burden and doesnt work on the PC version. Losing 4+ years of documented photos is very tough for some of these older threads. There are bare remnants of various threads now. So much history lost. The YUKU to the other transition seemed much more seamless.

Will we see anything like the old upload system in the future? Was it becoming a burden hosting so many photos?

I guess I shouldve saved some stuff somewhere else.. Like I said, so much documented history LOST if we uploaded photos to the NT system.

The New Era thread is useless now with [ IMG ] polluting hundreds of pages. No offense, but some threads should just start over from scratch. I appreciate a full migration but so many threads have become useless (until new posts populate).

1) Luckily I recalled my password, cos "reset password via e-mail" doesn't work. Tried it a few times ~ 12 h ago and still didn't receive any e-mails.
2) What happened to user content and mine in particular? Any chances for recovery?

Last edited:
How to enable email notifications when someone quotes you? I already have the following enabled but I haven't been getting email notifications.

2017-07-17 (1).png

So excited to be able to see the timestamp on posts in mobile formatted site mode now!

That's not exactly it :/.
Like on the old site when I was on my profile page, it wasn't showing my threads in order based on when people replied to them like "watched threads" currently has (as in who replied most recent).
But rather it showed a list of all the threads that I had personally replied to in order of when I replied, with the number on the side of how many posts I haven't read yet.
I was just wondering if there was a way to access that style of thread viewing for new posts rather having all my threads show up in order of when new posts were posted.
I ask because on the "watched threads" page it's showing a bunch of threads I haven't followed in a long time. Rather than go unfollow them all I was wondering if there was an option like the old site had.

Thanks for the quick response!

Hey Methodical Management Methodical Management , do you know about this?

Seems like the timestamp on some posts are way off. Not sure right it's just for me or site wide...just a heads up

I don't remember for sure but weren't the thread titles in red on the old platform? Thought that was easier on the eyes... I could be bugging out though and it might've been white anyone remember?

Also, I tried to edit my signature and won't let me do anything because it says my signature is 85 characters too long... all i tried to do was change the colors. It does however leave me as is, whats up with that?

Last edited:
Right now, we're using the same defaults as we did on Huddler, but there's currently no option for users to adjust these on a custom basis. That may change in the future, or we may bump up the default a bit.

NO!!! keep it da way it is now, da forums feel like its going dumb fast again.

i love it.

that OG 20 threads per page/20 replies per page is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom