We failed.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Not to mention the fact that a lot of black people in NY ain't the descendants of southern slaves, but West Indian immigrants.

grin.gif
You can make faces all you want fam.....Do you have people up top who are descendants of southern slaves? Of course you do. But most of the black neighborhoods throughout NYC feature people who are from the West Indies.

Yeah idk y son made that face
If I had to put up money I'd bet WI outnumber "African Americans" in the city
And rap? Forget about it
A HUGE chunk of NY rappers are of WI descent

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Funny how TIME is so upset by disrespect to Pimp C, but he's constantly disrespecting the King Of New York...

Double standard??...
smh.gif

who might this King Of New York Be?

according to NT its biggie..

He was until he passed away

Originally Posted by mdresident

down south dudes are thirsty...face it 98% of your music is garbage, nobody wants to be like you, nobody likes the way u talk..

shut ya mouth

Originally Posted by Master Zik

he sayin the south is makin garbage... at least they're making something... yall aint got nothing in ny but a bunch of battle/punchline rappers...

banks
papoose
millz (who signed with a southern artist)

all them dudes suck at makin music... they just rappers...

make MUSIC
This is just becoming a tit for tat type thread. You don't know anything about NY artists if those are the 3 dudes you bring up
laugh.gif

I don't agree with the other guy saying the South don't got classics but I can guess what type of southern rappers he's talking about.

You shouldn't be proud of any area just putting #+!$ out if it's trash.
im sayin... who from ny is doin anything in the mainstream besides jay and nas?
**#$+ that's your problem and your focus. You wanna talk about NY artists making good music I can name a gang of dudes.

You talking like the mainstream as of right now is being dominated by any one region.
im not sayin like the south is running everything im just sayin NY aint doin @!%*...

everybody got good underground artists...

like i said before midwest runnin @!%*...

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

And rap? Forget about it
We all Black and originate from the same place regardless of these false nationalities yall identify yourselves with
grin.gif

he sayin the south is makin garbage... at least they're making something... yall aint got nothing in ny but a bunch of battle/punchline rappers...

banks
papoose

make MUSIC
This is just becoming a tit for tat type thread. You don't know anything about NY artists if those are the 3 dudes you bring up
laugh.gif

I don't agree with the other guy saying the South don't got classics but I can guess what type of southern rappers he's talking about.

**#$+ that's your problem and your focus. You wanna talk about NY artists making good music I can name a gang of dudes.

You talking like the mainstream as of right now is being dominated by any one region.
im not sayin like the south is running everything im just sayin NY aint doin @!%*...

MidWest is running things on a small scale. All the big dogs who RUN THINGS are from NY...

And rap? Forget about it
We all Black and originate from the same place regardless of these false nationalities yall identify yourselves with
grin.gif

Now we all black lol
We all do come from Africa but you was quick to put that smiley up b4 when son typed what he typed
False nationalities? Please enlighten me; what's a true nationality?

And rap? Forget about it
grin.gif
Nice way to flip things around. Dude cleary said all the black people up top are descendants of southern slaves, which isn't the case. Ianswered his question....and ain't nothin false about being West Indian.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Originally Posted by YungSatellite

KingFoamNYC wrote:

Apparently the southern dudes believe the south is hip hops home now because "NY was making garbage music". Please tell me what kind of music is
being made now because imo its the most garbage it has ever been. To dude who was talkin about the west coast runnin rap in the 90's u can't even
compare because them dudes was puttin out classics "the chronic", doggystyle" etc. These dudes down south ain't puttin out
anything close to classics.
My thing is that rap music is going through a transition right now party music is what's in and that's what the
south does best. NY N_s don't hate y'all man its just that the majority of us think y'all mad corny 5 years behind the loop and S_ but we do love
y'all women.

C'MON SON...@#%% OUTTA HERE WITH THAT

15zpisl.gif

I can't believe that YOU Actually believe what you just wrote
smh.gif

Waaaaait so u tellin me you southern people are putting out the same quality of music as the west did in the 90's?

Yes you dolt

And I'm not from the south ( tho you being from NY would say I was anyway)

Juveniles 400 Degreez

TI's Trap Muzik & I'm Serious

Outkast entire discography

UGK SuperTight & Riding Dirty

Gheto Boys Can't be stopped

Scarface the fix

Goodie Mob SoulFood & Still Standing

EightBall Lost double CD

Eightball & MJG comin' out hard

Project Pat's Mistah Don't Play & Ghetty Green

countless more, but thats just off the top of my head

If you don't %!@% with southerners than thats what it is ,but you can't sit here with a straight face and say the south haven't dropped gems...

you talking out your @@! with pure ignorance foreal

banks
papoose

make MUSIC
laugh.gif

Why is the midwest runnin @!%* ? Because of kanye?

banks
papoose

make MUSIC
laugh.gif

kanye lupe and cudi

The South makes good music.

West Coast makes good music.

Mid-West makes good music.

East-Coast makes good music.

The Caribbean makes good music.

South America makes good music.

Africa makes good music.

We are all one people and we all share and exchange culture.

Y'all Willie Lynch chips flaring up right now.

1 second we cool, laughing and chopping it up and at the flip of a coin we can start going at each others necks over false affiliations that none of us set upin the first place.

YungSatellite wrote

Yes you dolt

Juveniles 400 Degreez

Scarface the fix

EightBall Lost double CD

If you don't %!@% with southerners than thats what it is ,but you can't sit here with a straight face and say the south haven't dropped gems...

No one (at least I am not) is saying the South does not have classics...

What people are saying is pertaining the original thread title topic. That NY is swagger jacking

Ok fine. We take things from the West South Midwest etc.. But to say the South hasn't taken alot from the North (which none of the South is admitting isthe problem).

And because "we started this" every type of different South music has already been done by someone in NY. So that's the problem.

And the fact that in order for a South Artist to be Nationwide up until the past year or 2, he needed a HUGE COSIGN from someone in NY. So in fact NY is a bigpart of the reason that the South has its shine..You guys took the cosign and ran with it to unbelievable levels..

And if NY has become stagnant then the South is stagnant, and the West is stagnant.

Because for every Jeezy, and T.I. you got 100 of "up and comers" who are wack. For every Jay, Nas and 50 we have "no comers" not doing adamn thing.. Right now NO1 is winning

But something I have to address what the South is doing now is not of the same caliber of Death Row and NWA in the 90s

Originally Posted by Essential1

YungSatellite wrote

Yes you dolt

Juveniles 400 Degreez

Scarface the fix

EightBall Lost double CD

No one (at least I am not) is saying the South does not have classics...

What people are saying is pertaining the original thread title topic. That NY is swagger jacking

Ok fine. We take things from the West South Midwest etc.. But to say the South hasn't taken alot from the North (which none of the South is admitting is the problem).

And because "we started this" every type of different South music has already been done by someone in NY. So that's the problem.

And the fact that in order for a South Artist to be Nationwide up until the past year or 2, he needed a HUGE COSIGN from someone in NY. So in fact NY is a big part of the reason that the South has its shine..You guys took the cosign and ran with it to unbelievable levels..

And if NY has become stagnant then the South is stagnant, and the West is stagnant.

Because for every Jeezy, and T.I. you got 100 of "up and comers" who are wack. For every Jay, Nas and 50 we have "no comers" not doing a damn thing.. Right now NO1 is winning

But something I have to address what the South is doing now is not of the same caliber of Death Row and NWA in the 90s

Every Region bites from every one...

in some shape form or fashion

I could careless what region is #1

it could be from boom@#$% wisconsin..

If it's dope to me than Ima rock wit it

But Ole boy said that south has NO classics

cmon now,I couldn't let that fly

But NO region is right now..

It's alot of individuals from each region making good music

but there is No region as a collective unit that is on 90's west/east coast level

you coild throw the south in there also real rap..

only thing was the south was the smaller of the 3

KingFoamNYC wrote:

Apparently the southern dudes believe the south is hip hops home now because "NY was making garbage music". Please tell me what kind of music is
being made now because imo its the most garbage it has ever been. To dude who was talkin about the west coast runnin rap in the 90's u can't even
compare because them dudes was puttin out classics "the chronic", doggystyle" etc. These dudes down south ain't puttin out
anything close to classics.
My thing is that rap music is going through a transition right now party music is what's in and that's what the
south does best. NY N_s don't hate y'all man its just that the majority of us think y'all mad corny 5 years behind the loop and S_ but we do love
y'all women.

C'MON SON...@#%% OUTTA HERE WITH THAT

15zpisl.gif

I can't believe that YOU Actually believe what you just wrote
smh.gif

Waaaaait so u tellin me you southern people are putting out the same quality of music as the west did in the 90's?

Yes you dolt

Juveniles 400 Degreez

Scarface the fix

EightBall Lost double CD

Sorry but NONE of those albums are on the same level as doggystyle or the chronic. Try again "dolt" and T.I "Trap music" and "I'mserious" are CLASSIC ALBUMS? Come on dude you have to be better than that

banks
papoose

make MUSIC
laugh.gif

kanye lupe and cudi

grin.gif
Sorry but that does not make u #1. Wayne, T.I, and Jeezy >> kanye, lupe, and cudi. The commercial success, mixtapes, and street anthems doesn'teven compare

trap muzik is a classic so is 400 degreez

aquemini is prolly better than all that %@@%

Wow me and u definitly have totally different definitions of the term "classic" and ill leave it at that

I knew that slavery line was going to ruffle up some feathers....
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Please do not take it serious....Just wanted to evoke some emotion outta y'all.

trap muzik is a classic so is 400 degreez

aquemini is prolly better than all that %@@%

Wow me and u definitly have totally different definitions of the term "classic" and ill leave it at that

considering how ignorant u are i would hope that we did...

Back
Top Bottom