kavinsky

Banned
http://sports.yahoo.com/s...amp;type=lgns

roll.gif

[h1]Coach: 2 Cuban soccer players missing in DC[/h1]
Oct 10, 7:38 pm EDT

• [h5][/h5] Buzz Up
  • [h5]Print[/h5]

WASHINGTON (AP)-Two members of Cuba's national soccer team have gone missing during the team's trip to Washington for a World Cup qualifying match, the team's coach told reporters on Friday.

"It is always a problem for the Cuba team," coach Reinhold Fanz told the Washington Post. "We have security, but you can't handcuff them to their rooms."

The Post identified the players as midfielder Pedro Faife, 24, and forward Reynier Alcantara, 26.

Cuba is scheduled to play the U.S. team at RFK Stadium on Saturday.

Defections have been a concern for Cuba when its sports teams travel abroad. In March, five soccer players went missing after the under-23 team played the U.S. in Tampa, Fla.

^like dude said a while ago a couple of players from Haiti U-21 team went MIA on a trip to the states...%+%+ i would two, they probably got the talent to getpicked up by a MLS team or something of the sorts and we all know they're loop holes for days when it comes to foreign player identification inprofessional soccer

i wish em the best

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

I thought you were talking about how to actually escape from Cuba.

I woulda said Cockmeat Sandwich

laugh.gif
+
grin.gif
+
nerd.gif

What the deuce?

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

^like dude said a while ago a couple of players from Haiti U-21 team went MIA on a trip to the states...%+%+ i would two, they probably got the talent to get picked up by a MLS team or something of the sorts and we all know they're loop holes for days when it comes to foreign player identification in professional soccer

i wish em the best
grin.gif
Cuba isn't exactly a hotbed for soccer talent, nor isHaiti. I'm not saying MLS is that amazing, but its certainly a good league. Better than any other league in North America(minus Mexico) by a large margin.

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

cuba has a soccer team? I thought Cubans play baseball.
very true, Cubans don't compare to most south american teams in soccer. but there are some very good soccer players too.

Americans sneak into Cuba illegally all the time via Mexico, Venezuela etc.

Elian was last heard of as a leader in a young communist organization, think of it as like the Hitler Youth but not quite that bad. he's been brainwashedand is back with his biological father.

Happens all the time whenever a Cuban team(baseball, soccer etc..) play in the US. I don't blame them for wanting to leave Cuba either.

Originally Posted by Lootpac

purplehazze96 wrote:

^like dude said a while ago a couple of players from Haiti U-21 team went MIA on a trip to the states...%+%+ i would two, they probably got the talent to get
picked up by a MLS team or something of the sorts and we all know they're loop holes for days when it comes to foreign player identification in
professional soccer

i wish em the best
grin.gif
Cuba isn't exactly a hotbed for soccer talent, nor is
Haiti. I'm not saying MLS is that amazing, but its certainly a good league. Better than any other league in North America(minus Mexico) by a large margin.

like you said MLS +@#!# on every other league on this side of the Atlantic besides Mexico, hell with the growth the league has seen in the past 3-4 years iwould be more than comfortable sayin MLS will be ahead of the Mexican Premiera by 2012

with that said, you're joking if you think the best young talent from Cuba/Haiti/Trinidad etc cant at least compete for reserve rolls here in the MLS...inever said they would come here and be stars or anything like that, i just recognize the opportunity presented to them via open tryouts, semi pro teams, etc

as far as Cuba not being a hotbed for soccer talent, i know that but all the more reasons for them to try and leave...Im not sure for a fact but i would behighly surprised if Cuba even has a professional league, most of the countries i listed, the athletes that play for them, have real jobs, they're not evenprofessionals payed for their craft...which is part of the reason why its so hard for talented players there to get recognized

On a side note, its really quite remarkable what Don Garber and others have done for MLS...the *+!# was literally on the verge of collapsing at the turn ofthis century, they've turned *+!# around 180 degrees and then some

Originally Posted by infamousod

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

cuba has a soccer team? I thought Cubans play baseball.
very true, Cubans don't compare to most south american teams in soccer. but there are some very good soccer players too.

Americans sneak into Cuba illegally all the time via Mexico, Venezuela etc.

Elian was last heard of as a leader in a young communist organization, think of it as like the Hitler Youth but not quite that bad. he's been brainwashed and is back with his biological father.
Not so much brainwashed, he just has no choice.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom