roll.gif
dude is hurt.

roll.gif
roll.gif
i just caught that

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Originally Posted by Lootpac

purplehazze96 wrote:

^like dude said a while ago a couple of players from Haiti U-21 team went MIA on a trip to the states...%+%+ i would two, they probably got the talent to get
picked up by a MLS team or something of the sorts and we all know they're loop holes for days when it comes to foreign player identification in
professional soccer

i wish em the best
grin.gif
Cuba isn't exactly a hotbed for soccer talent, nor is
Haiti. I'm not saying MLS is that amazing, but its certainly a good league. Better than any other league in North America(minus Mexico) by a large margin.

like you said MLS +@#!# on every other league on this side of the Atlantic besides Mexico, hell with the growth the league has seen in the past 3-4 years i would be more than comfortable sayin MLS will be ahead of the Mexican Premiera by 2012

with that said, you're joking if you think the best young talent from Cuba/Haiti/Trinidad etc cant at least compete for reserve rolls here in the MLS...i never said they would come here and be stars or anything like that, i just recognize the opportunity presented to them via open tryouts, semi pro teams, etc

as far as Cuba not being a hotbed for soccer talent, i know that but all the more reasons for them to try and leave...Im not sure for a fact but i would be highly surprised if Cuba even has a professional league, most of the countries i listed, the athletes that play for them, have real jobs, they're not even professionals payed for their craft...which is part of the reason why its so hard for talented players there to get recognized

On a side note, its really quite remarkable what Don Garber and others have done for MLS...the *+!# was literally on the verge of collapsing at the turn of this century, they've turned *+!# around 180 degrees and then some
Good points, and I actually found an article basically outlining what you just said. It says they get $10 a month from the cuban academy
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/09/sports/soccer/09soccer.html?_r=1&oref=sloginhttp://www.nytimes.com/20...html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Cuba today you have no freedom. you're completely rationed off stuff and when you get the privaledge to shop in a mall they give you the options of what tobuy, you don't just walk into a store and buy something. its really terrible.

Back
Top Bottom