Wayne vs CM -- OG Maco voice .... Tyga "U was right"

They had I house writers. Gillie the kid was there for a minute. He was the writer for wayne

Nikki doesn't even write her lyrics. Her boyfriend does and I heard Gillie the kid wrote some. Well all the lyrics he wrote he left alot behind for future projects. That's why they all sound the same
You heard? From who exactly?

You're in a thread talking about artist revenue streams in 2014 and you're seriously talking about albums and CD's?

OK :lol:

You're in a thread talking about artist revenue streams in 2014 and you're seriously talking about albums and CD's?

When I say that I thought you smart enough to know I mean digital albums sold, amazon sell alot, best buy sell alot etc. All sales

All sales are tracked by the barcode, digital downloads tracked as well and riaa

When a artists sell iTunes or anywhere it's all tracked

Last edited:

When I say that I thought you smart enough to know I mean digital albums sold, amazon sell alot, best buy sell alot etc. All sales

All sales are tracked by the barcode, digital downloads tracked as well and riaa

Oh word? So when you said this....

Stores like best buy, amazon, other places sell cd's, Google play, iTunes and others.

They pay wholesale price for the album

Word?

You were talking about digital albums? iTunes pays "wholesale price" for an album?

No.....they take a PERCENTAGE.

Boy stop it. You're talking in circles. Even using the term "barcode", you're talking about physical.

So you're talking about the wrong thing in 2014.

Last edited:
Listen on YouTube to tlc at the Grammy when left eye said they were broke. She broke down everything

Also, just because you on the squad don't mean ****. Cash money has and will sign anybody. You mean to tell me that Fred Durst ghostwriting for Lil Twist or something?

Never forget "Ya'll lil bustas just a tax write off"

Listen on YouTube to tlc at the Grammy when left eye said they were broke. She broke down everything

OK. I'm going to run right now and listen to Left Eye break down the music business for me.

Because artists have such a firm grasp of business.

You got it.

No disrespect to Left Eye. RIP.

Oh word? So when you said this....
Word?

You were talking about digital albums? iTunes pays "wholesale price" for an album?

No.....they take a PERCENTAGE.

Boy stop it. You're talking in circles. Even using the term "barcode", you're talking about physical.

So you're talking about the wrong thing in 2014.

Itunes yes they pay wholesale as well and send when album sells they keep the profit and send she rest back to industry

Like if they wholesale young thug cd for $6 I can sell for whatever I want but the industry want their $6 per album sold and it gets tracked

Bow I don't know the exact amount but it's around that

If I want to sell it for $5 to get people in my iTunes Store and upset that's my business unless the contract says otherwise

Last edited:
THAT might be the most ridiculous thing you've said so far.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Period.

The term "stuck on stupid" comes to mind.

OK. I'm going to run right now and listen to Left Eye break down the music business for me.

Because artists have such a firm grasp of business.

You got it.

No disrespect to Left Eye. RIP.

She broke it down in the tlc lifetime movie towards the end they were getting paid pennies per cd.

Remember at the Grammies she went on tv and complained. Said they are broke bla bla. It was a shocker. They sold so many albums everyone thought they had money

But they rebound because some agent got them out the shady contract and gave them a tour for like 40 million

You have to understand how the business works. Store whoever buy the album pay wholesale price probably 7 dollars an album. Whatever they sale it for is their businsss

They do sales to get people to come into the store and buy more like black friday

So let's say artist get 50 cent album sold, writer gets 50 cent, baby gets 3 dollars and the rest goes to Universal. Everybody get money

These numbers are estimates

My dude...

I believe what illphillip illphillip is trying to say is that NOBODY (not just the artist) can receive a set amount of money per album/song sold is because prices can change.

An album can be $10.99 at a store in NYC and $7.99 at some store in Colorado. If you can't see how someone receiving a set amount of money per sale wouldn't make sense in that case then it isn't even worth explaining.

Prices can change but legally percentages can't. That's why I'm pretty sure there are accountants or whatever all throughout the industry doing the math of how much money everyone is supposed to make so that other people won't have to worry about it.

If you supposed to receive 10 percent of every single sold, then the song drops from $.99 to $.60 on iTunes, the amount you get has to be recalculated. You can't just get no damn flat rate a sale then a price drop/increase happens and receive the same amount cause then you would receive the lions share or less than what your supposed to. That's why it has to be done by percentages.

Quite simple really, I could be wrong though...

Publishing and royalties is where the money is at. Every artist contract is different. Owning your publishing and royalties is where it is at.

Say 10 years from now I release your album as a digital master or special album. That's why they rename the album when released and add a few songs so it's it's not the same album. I keep all profits basically if I got publishing royalties

Clubs and bars, radio, commercials, football and NBA games, music machines have to pay royalties everytime they play a song. That's alot of money

Last edited:
My dude...

I believe what illphillip illphillip is trying to say is that NOBODY (not just the artist) can receive a set amount of money per album/song sold is because prices can change.

An album can be $10.99 at a store in NYC and $7.99 at some store in Colorado. If you can't see how someone receiving a set amount of money per sale wouldn't make sense in that case then it isn't even worth explaining.

Prices can change but legally percentages can't. That's why I'm pretty sure there are accountants or whatever all throughout the industry doing the math of how much money everyone is supposed to make so that other people won't have to worry about it.

If you supposed to receive 10 percent of every single sold, then the song drops from $.99 to $.60 on iTunes, the amount you get has to be recalculated. You can't just get no damn flat rate a sale then a price drop/increase happens and receive the same amount cause then you would receive the lions share or less than what your supposed to. That's why it has to be done by percentages.

Quite simple really, I could be wrong though...

I understand but that's the game

It's whole sale prices. Like car dealerships. Do you see Gm trying to change their contracts

Car dealerships pay mrsp or whatever. Whatever they sell it for is there busimess

An artist don't have dealings in wholesale prices that's the distributer such as universal

The wholesale price changes per album if your hot depending on record label Not the artist. Artist have no say so

Distributer package the album, press it, and get it out to stores. The artist have no dealings with them or prices

Artist rarely have any say-so except make this money

It's like if you worked in a car factory getting paid commission $10 per car you build. If the car sells for $15 or $30 you still get paid the same. If it's a hot car the dealer ship have to pay more for the car.

But it doesn't changes the fact you still get paid the $10 per car built

Now ofcourse those aren't car prices just making examples

Last edited:
There isn't any artist majority that get paid over $1 per cd sold unless your hot! Like jay Z or Eminem.

Some artist may own some part of royalties or publishing but not all.

Rkelly does I know and master p, cash money

Beatles didn't even own their stuff, Michael Jackson did, if a company wanted to use their song, radios, Spotify etc Jackson got paid only

Probably why Juv and other cash money mad, they sign the contract they didn't understand their contract. Lil Wayne didn't even know about publishing and royalties

Last edited:
Is that where you acquired your vast knowledge of the music business?

The TLC Lifetime movie?

I'm done :lol:

No. Actually I had my foot in the biz. Read alot of books and my cousin actually got gold records for albums he produced I went to industry seminars as well in Florida

He actually worked with Wayne once and other major artist

Last edited:
Is that where you acquired your vast knowledge of the music business?

The TLC Lifetime movie?

I'm done :lol:

No. Actually I had my foot in the biz. Read alot of books and my cousin actually got gold records for albums he produced I went to industry seminars as well in Florida

He actually worked with Wayne once and other major artist

Here's the problem. A book written in 1990 isn't going to explain the business in 2014.

You're still talking wholesale/retail as if that's an integral part of the industry today.

It's not. itunes doesn't pay wholesale anything. You deliver them the music. They sell it. You track it.

They take their share and account back to you.

Streaming services don't pay "wholesale" anything. They pay out royalities. Artists make their percentage. As do writers, label etc.

So much of what you're saying make no sense. Everything you're talking about is past tense.

Welcome to the now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom