Wayne vs CM -- OG Maco voice .... Tyga "U was right"

Writer credits are usually broken down by their "share" on a song.

Not by a dollar value.

Between writers/producers/artist/label etc., the idea of a writer getting $.25 on a download is pretty far fetched unless they wrote and produced the entire song by themselves.

The reason why writer credits are broken down by share is because the revenue stream for a writer is not exclusive to a "sale" or a "download".

Writer gets paid for radio spins, streams, film/tv synchs etc. Writers pretty much get paid everywhere the song makes money.

So no one in their right mind would take a deal just based on a download.

Last edited:

Not by a dollar value.

Between writers/producers/artist/label etc., the idea of a writer getting $.25 on a download is pretty far fetched unless they wrote and produced the entire song by themselves.

The reason why writer credits are broken down by share is because the revenue stream for a writer is not exclusive to a "sale" or a "download".

Writer gets paid for radio spins, streams, film/tv synchs etc. Writers pretty much get paid everywhere the song makes money.

Exactly why I said 25 cent a song

But it's not 25 cents a song. It's a share of a song.

Could be 10%. 33%. 50% etc.

It's not a static dollar value. It's a percentage.

And it's only a writer share. All of the money from that download is split between label, writers etc.

Last edited:

Not by a dollar value.

Naw man. Artist usually get 75 cent album sold. Artist can get single sold. Like how singles go Plat. It all depends. But remember they wrote for multiple people, they have money coming in from all angles. A album cost roughly 10 dollars. Lot of money to split up

It all depends on the contract but they make way more. The artist minus touring then again with 360 deals artist have to pay labels out their touring money, then lawyers, them agent, them taxes

Let's says Wayne made 20 million touring. Label get paid 5 million, you got agent and lawyer fee 3mill. Then taxes 30 percent. He would walk away 7 million or so

Writers make more then most artist ofcourse not a superstar. But writers are low key. They can go anywhere nobody in the face, no big crew in there pockets.

Last edited:
The 360 is the norm nowadays. Technology really has diversified the industry. The rape contracts had to evolve as well lol.

Not by a dollar value.

Naw man. Artist usually get 75 cent album sold. Artist can get single sold. Like how singles go Plat. It all depends. But remember they wrote for multiple people, they have money coming in from all angles. A album cost roughly 10 dollars. Lot of money to split up

It all depends on the contract but they make way more. The artist minus touring then again with 360 deals artist have to pay labels out their touring money, then lawyers, them agent, them taxes

Let's says Wayne made 20 million touring. Label get paid 5 million, you got agent and lawyer fee 3mill. Then taxes 30 percent. He would walk away 7 million or so

Writers make more then most artist ofcourse not a superstar. But writers are low key. They can go anywhere nobody in the face, no big crew in there pockets.

Everything you just typed has absolutely nothing to do with what I typed.

You're breaking down artist finances when all I did was point out the inaccuracies of your comments on WRITERS.

And you're stlll wrong. An artist would not make $.75 on every album sold if they're sharing that with multiple other writers on multiple tracks.

The money gets divided that much more. Based on a PERCENTAGE.

Plus with the artist, you have to take into account what needs to be recouped by the label. Writers don't have to worry about that.

There are actually public performance fees collected for writers as well. So writers actually get paid a small amount of money when an artist performs their song live.

Last edited:
Reactions: wr
The 360 is the norm nowadays. Technology really has diversified the industry. The rape contracts had to evolve as well lol.

It is. Master p, rkelly and few others own everything. All Spotify plays, radio plays, commercials, publishing, they get the money not label

Everything you just typed has absolutely nothing to do with what I typed.

You're breaking down artist finances when all I did was point out the inaccuracies of your comments on WRITERS.

And you're stlll wrong. An artist would not make $.75 on every album sold if they're sharing that with multiple other writers on multiple tracks.

The money gets divided that much more. Based on a PERCENTAGE.

There are actually public performance fees collected for writers as well. So writers actually get paid a small amount of money when an artist performs their song live.

No your wrong trust me.. Artist if your big can get paid 75 cent an album. It's not split up like you think. Remember a album cost or use to cost 12 dollars or more. All that money get split up, it's called points. Most artist get less usually lol 30 or 40 cent album sold.

Now Eminem he command more he probably get 2 or 3 dollars per album sold. The rest of the money is them divided.

Like $4 per cd sold go to baby and $1 to producer and 25 cents to writer and the rest to Universal..

Management lawyers etc come out the rapper or artist pocket

That's how TlC went bankrupt

Majority of artist get money from shows and touring. Easy few milllion

If you go indie you get more like 3 or 4 dollars per cd sold but you get lass superstar status and publicity and promotional

Baby owns publishing that's why he get paid.

And it's not based on percentage its base on points. That how the industry go by

Last edited:
"While these rappers sellin' records gettin' pennies
If Grand Hustle sell any, I'ma get plenty" T.I.

OK. So you just went from 75 cents to most artists getting less than 30 or 40 cents an album in the same post.

But I'm supposed to "trust" you? :lol:

What you fail to realize is "points" as you call them are still dictated by PERCENTAGES. Not dollar amounts.

You have no idea what you're talking about and I can't explain it any better. Especially since....again.....we were talking about WRITERS, not artists.

Some of you dudes that love to talk about **** you have ZERO understanding of are straight comedy. And let's not pretend like this is the first time you've done that either.

Last edited:
OK. So you just went from 75 cents to most artists getting less than 30 or 40 cents an album in the same post.

But I'm supposed to "trust" you? :lol:

What you fail to realize is "points" as you call them are still dictated by PERCENTAGES. Not dollar amounts.

You have no idea what you're talking about and I can't explain it any better. Especially since....again.....we were talking about WRITERS, not artists.

Some of you dudes that love to talk about **** you have ZERO understanding of are straight comedy. And let's not pretend like this is the first time you've done that either.

I was using examples with the amounts like I said it vary from contract to contract

An artist can say OK pay me 30 cents album sold if I sell over 250k then we go 50 cent an album if it goes gold I get 60 cents if it goes Plat I get 74 cent.

These are just numbers but average rappers get pennies on the dollar

All depend how hot you are and your agent and lawyer

Now writers contracts are seperate

Last edited:
OK so you just decided to stop talking about writers?

I guess that means we're done.

Again....THERE IS NO 30 CENTS etc. ONLY PERCENTAGES.

Why? Because an album can be 12.99 one week, 9.99 the next, 6.99 over the holidays etc.

And a stream pays less than that. They aren't doing fixed #'s on anything. Just a cut of wherever the music is made.

Stop using fixed #'s. They don't exist. Points are PERCENTAGES. 1 point=1%.

But it's not 25 cents a song. It's a share of a song.

Could be 10%. 33%. 50% etc.

It's not a static dollar value. It's a percentage.

And it's only a writer share. All of the money from that download is split between label, writers etc.

It's not by percentage. Why do you think many rappers complain. They aren't the smartest and they take the deal just to get popular

Last edited:
OK so you just decided to stop talking about writers?

I guess that means we're done.

Again....THERE IS NO 30 CENTS etc. ONLY PERCENTAGES.

Why? Because an album can be 12.99 one week, 9.99 the next, 6.99 over the holidays etc.

And a stream pays less than that. They aren't doing fixed #'s on anything. Just a cut of wherever the music is made.

Stop using fixed #'s. They don't exist. Points are PERCENTAGES. 1 point=1%.

These are the music industry standards not rappers. Rappers don't dictate the industry bro

Google it.

Google it

Last edited:
Weezy confirms:

Im glad that all this going down. Wayne been needed to wake up and smell the Vaseline.

Last edited:

All I see in that link is percentages. And none of them match up to the nonsense you're spewing in here.

There is also no mention of songwriters in there. Which is what we were talking about.....right?

I don't need to read an article on what I already know. You might.

In your scenario, if an artist makes $.30 an album, they would get a larger percentage from that sale when the label sells the album for less.

So if the label decided to go from 9.99 to 6.99 over the holidays (pretty common), the artist just magically gets a larger piece because he got $.30 from 6.99 instead of 9.99.

And the label makes less.

That makes NO sense :lol:

That's why the percentages exist. Because the revenue for any given song IS NOT fixed.

Last edited:
All I see in that link is percentages. And none of them match up to the nonsense you're spewing in here.

There is also no mention of songwriters in there. Which is what we were talking about.....right?

I don't need to read an article on what I already know. You might.

In your scenario, if an artist makes $.30 an album, they would get a larger percentage from that sale when the label sells the album for less.

So if the label decided to go from 9.99 to 6.99 over the holidays, the artist just magically gets a larger piece because he got $.30 from 6.99 instead of 9.99.

And the label makes less.

That makes NO sense :lol:

That's why the percentages exist. Because the revenue for any given song IS NOT fixed.

You have to understand how the business works. Store whoever buy the album pay wholesale price probably 7 dollars an album. Whatever they sale it for is their businsss

They do sales to get people to come into the store and buy more like black friday

So let's say artist get 50 cent album sold, writer gets 50 cent, baby gets 3 dollars and the rest goes to Universal. Everybody get money

These numbers are estimates

Last edited:
Store? You mean iTunes?

You sound like you're talking about the music business in 1990 :lol:

Telling me I need to know how the business works?

You are LOST. And your #'s are so inaccurate it's laughable.

And your right it doesn't make sense, that's why artist complain the are slaves to the industry

Store? You mean iTunes?

You sound like you're talking about the music business in 1990 :lol:

Telling me I need to know how the business works?

You are LOST. And your #'s are so inaccurate it's laughable.

Stores like best buy, amazon, other places sell cd's, Google play, iTunes and others.

They pay wholesale price for the album

It don't make sense that why alot of artist complain. It's a dirty business

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom