Wale Folarin Appreciation Thread

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by H01YshNIK3S

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

smh at these bammas sayin its too early for an appreciation thread and this dude Drake got 700 pgs of a thread WITHOUT an album release...
Seriously, this.

And anyone that references Ki-Jana Carter is sick in my book
eek.gif
honestly none of theses dudes should have an appreciation post (beside j cole cause hes raw) but drake is a terrible and everyone knows that. 
at the end of the day this is a website, opinions are cool to have, so it is what it is! hahaha no need to get mad. ya'll have fun appreciating him I'm done.

unless that one guy says something again then i will be forces to crush his dreams with intense one liners.
roll.gif
 jk

"Pardon me, I had to laugh at that"
roll.gif

Cole ain't what ya'll say he is...and i'm a big fan. He's good at rhyming fast but hes not really dropping jewels like that. Ya'll are infatuated with the flow and not the content because honestly, if we broke down the lyrics, Drake and Cole and Wale and Wiz and Currency and Dom would ALL be on the same page...but ya'll dont wanna hear that.
there's some truth to that but i still think J.Cole and Wale are a bit more lyrically superior.

smh at these bammas sayin its too early for an appreciation thread and this dude Drake got 700 pgs of a thread WITHOUT an album release...
Seriously, this.

eek.gif
honestly none of theses dudes should have an appreciation post (beside j cole cause hes raw) but drake is a terrible and everyone knows that. 
at the end of the day this is a website, opinions are cool to have, so it is what it is! hahaha no need to get mad. ya'll have fun appreciating him I'm done.

unless that one guy says something again then i will be forces to crush his dreams with intense one liners.
roll.gif
 jk

roll.gif

Cole ain't what ya'll say he is...and i'm a big fan. He's good at rhyming fast but hes not really dropping jewels like that. Ya'll are infatuated with the flow and not the content because honestly, if we broke down the lyrics, Drake and Cole and Wale and Wiz and Currency and Dom would ALL be on the same page...but ya'll dont wanna hear that.

eek.gif
roll.gif

son you REALLY believe that?

Drake's lyrics are by far the shallowest. The only thing this dude raps about is money, girls, and fame.

Cole? Lisen to The Warm Up and this dude drops jewels.

Hell, listen to Losing My Balance. That song is full of jewels.

If Cole was on the same level lyrically as Drake, then he'd be blowin up in a similar fashion, but he's not because his lyrics are too real. Cole is like Nas. He might drop songs that try to have an appeal to mainstream but it just wont stick (see: Oochie Wallie)

Seriously, this.

eek.gif

roll.gif
 jk

roll.gif

Please tell me that you are joking.
These rappers are all on the same page LYRICALLY?
laugh.gif

Jesus christ, all I can do is laugh

Originally Posted by calikev34

Seriously, this.

eek.gif

roll.gif
 jk

roll.gif

Please tell me that you are joking.
These rappers are all on the same page LYRICALLY?
laugh.gif

Jesus christ, all I can do is laugh

Song delivery matters, which is why Wale and Drake are on a bigger platform....Beats and Cadence matters on a track.

Based on SONG CONTENT??? They all spitting the same thing. Go google some lyrics. Its sad you can't look past the bias here.

I started listening around the time 100 Miles dropped. I've been a fan since and have enjoyed all the other mixtapes.

His album was dope as well. I love the Diary song and video.

smh at these bammas sayin its too early for an appreciation thread and this dude Drake got 700 pgs of a thread WITHOUT an album release...Dude can spit.. 100 miles and runnin, paint a picture, and Mixtape About Nothin trump alot of these latest artists whole catalogs why yall so salty because dude was on NT?

FIRST off, personally i see drakes thread or any other rappers thread as an "appreciation" for them pointless. i just go in there to find new songs n what not. THIS thread (like the others) is looking like a big %#^ riding fest JUST CAUSE wale is on NT and they hope he see this.

Originally Posted by MoneyMike703

smh at these bammas sayin its too early for an appreciation thread and this dude Drake got 700 pgs of a thread WITHOUT an album release...Dude can spit.. 100 miles and runnin, paint a picture, and Mixtape About Nothin trump alot of these latest artists whole catalogs why yall so salty because dude was on NT?

FIRST off, personally i see drakes thread or any other rappers thread as an "appreciation" for them pointless. i just go in there to find new songs n what not. THIS thread (like the others) is looking like a big %#^ riding fest JUST CAUSE wale is on NT and they hope he see this.
Goodnight (c) ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

We can have Drake, J. Cole, Wiz, & Curren$y threads, but not a Wale?
The only reason dudes hate on Wale on NT, is because they know he on NT.
95% of these dudes cannot come up with a legitimate reason on why they hate Wale.
Can you?

Why is Wale as soft as it gets? Vol. Pau Gasol of the internet

2iu2ql4.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I die everytime you bring up dudes multiple accounts, iLLoQuent.

Song delivery matters, which is why Wale and Drake are on a bigger platform....Beats and Cadence matters on a track.

Explain to me how Wale and Drake are on "bigger platforms." They all have major label deals and they all three of them pretty much have the same guy co-signing them (Jay-Z). You say a lot of weird stuff when the discussion isn't about Drake, bro.

IMO Wiz really shouldn't be mentioned with Drake/J.Cole/Wale, his rhymes are often pretty average. It's a sort of "feel good" rap.

Lol, Had to make another go round and see what this thread had become..Why we always gotta talk about who better? Lets just be glad we got cats like Wale, Drake, J. Cole, Khalifa, and Electronica to even be excited about.. Each fills their niche perfectly and provides something that fills a hole left by the veterans that are starting to be phased out of urban music(notice i didn't say hip hop lol..cus Drake, Im a fan and all but SFG and TML were NOT hip hop).

But yeah, to the contrary i think all of these artists deserves a thread where we can come and get information, news, and just discuss our opinions..Not who's better, blah blah, we can make another thread for that..

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Explain to me how Wale and Drake are on "bigger platforms." They all have major label deals and they all three of them pretty much have the same guy co-signing them (Jay-Z). You say a lot of weird stuff when the discussion isn't about Drake, bro.

Whats so hard to understand? The average person can only stomach whats immediately attractive. They like uptempo and songs with Major chords. That adds to Drake and Wale's appeal. I don't get why thats so hard to understand.

Seriously, this.

eek.gif

roll.gif
 jk

roll.gif

Whoooooooooooooa !
I mess with ALL these dudes but you on some more stuff Optimus.

Cole is CLEARLY the most lyrical of them all.

Wiz and Dom to be honest are lyrically touching Cole/Drake/Wale.

Wiz/Dom are more so feel good music, and thats there talent, and its dope.

But Wale and Drake are lyrically the same.

Currensy is inbetween Drake/Wale and Wiz/Dom.

Wale thread= always gon get off topic
Man i remember wen i fell in love wit his music last summer (afta dling all his mixtapes, was my fav rapper and listened to him everyday).

But i do think somebody is keeping him from old wale songs wit waka flocka & roscoe dash come on man thats not your lane i mean pretty girls worked to a point but jeez and did you hear the song almost no metaphors or sports analogies come on but he still gets love even tho he aint been doin much but a couple of joints (o lets do it "heard yo dawgs talkin brian griffin !!++!!"))(i guess helpin fat trel wit his mixtapes)

I don't know. I had the mixtape playing while I was cleaning up around the house and to be honest it had me like

Granted I didn't give it my full undivided attention so maybe when I sit down and give it an honest listen I might catch some gems I didn't the first go around. And let the record show I'm a huge Wale fan. I'm from VA so I was rockin to him since Dig Dug was on the radio back home. This tape just didn't move me initially like More About Nothing or Back to the Feature.

Last edited:
I don't know. I had the mixtape playing while I was cleaning up around the house and to be honest it had me like

Granted I didn't give it my full undivided attention so maybe when I sit down and give it an honest listen I might catch some gems I didn't the first go around. And let the record show I'm a huge Wale fan. I'm from VA so I was rockin to him since Dig Dug was on the radio back home. This tape just didn't move me initially like More About Nothing or Back to the Feature.

dropping a tape like more about nothing is a gift and curse. folarin, while a solid tape, isnt seeing more about nothing, therefore im not impressed

I really have not been a fan of his since he hooked up with MMG. It really went downhill for him starting with his first album lyrically IMO.

Back to the Feature and The Mixtape About Nothing are my **** tho.

I really have not been a fan of his since he hooked up with MMG. It really went downhill for him starting with his first album lyrically IMO.

All of this.

Everything after that was fine for what they were, but forgettable and nothing special at all.

I think I remember reading something about Wale saying Folarin was supposed to be like a pre MMG Wale tape. As we can all see this was not entirely the case. I listened to it again and there are a couple tracks I'm messing with now: Chun Li
pimp.gif
, Ji Dope
pimp.gif
, The One Eye Kitten Song (twerk joint)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, Money Changes is a smooth joint I love Chrisette Michelle's voice
embarassed.gif

Sidenote: I thought The Blessing was supposed to be on here?

Back
Top Bottom