Wale “W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E.â€

Originally Posted by haiti5

dudes dont know justice sheed
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I'm guessing you missed the 100's of Justice threads onNT. First time I heard about them was when Kanye stormed on stage at some MTV awards outside of the US. I think they got a lot of recognition for that.
Originally Posted by StockDead

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Video on some ol' 80's type @%!. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Song is hot but I think he should've waited and got Interscope to spend some money on the video. Would've been hotter. This is just a step above a Youtube fan made video.

I'd love to see a youtube video that looks like this...links?

Did you not see me say a step above a Youtube fan made video?

ayo. i peeped this today.... not bad. i started mixing this joint w/ the MSTRKRFT's remix......its gonna be BANANAS.

do people really not know justice? crazy. props to dudes being creative though. im down for more of these types of tracks. ive been bumpin my dude wiz's"say yeah" track recently as well. alice deejays = crack.

I wouldnt compare this to Justice...its more of a freestyle/remix type joint...no need to overanalyze...I know I slept on Wale for a while, cuz I figured hewas just another hypebeast type rapper, but dude has flow/bars
when is The Mixtape About Nothing supposed to drop?

Garbage...........str8 to youtube status.

I thought son was sighned, why this vid looked like he paid for it himself
laugh.gif

Finally! I've been waiting for a video to drop for this track. Heard it way back like 4 or 5 months ago and loved it.

Video/Song is ok at best. If he wasn't a NT'er and fellow Sneaker Head he would be getting destroyed by everyone on here if this was posted.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

They Prolly On Water... THEY ALL ON WATER!!!

I always loved that line
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

That lyric went over my head like humidity...somebody explain?

And I take it this is really an independent or underground video? Not like an official?

down here .... pcp = water. ie... "gon off that water"

i dunno if thats where he was goin with it though.

Ahh...the wet

I don't get the "ALL" part though, it sounded like he was putting an emphasis on that for a reason idk...I'll just have to listen to itagain..

per hypebeast ::

America usually can take the pulse of the people by taking a snapshot look at the popular music of its time. The late 70s and early 80s saw hip hop at a party state. In the mid 80s and early 90s Hip Hop saw a flurry of protest rap on the heels of the Reagan administration and apartheid. In the late 90s and early 2000s the Clinton administration, a better economy and the reluctance to have beef after the death of Tupac and Biggie saw an explosion of what seemed to be happier party music in the hip hop arena. However, with soaring gas prices and war among other things Hip Hop music seemed to be more aggressive and menacing up until lately. With a promise of a new hope and the end of the status quo several rappers bubbling up from the underground circuit seem to possess a vibrant youthfulness that that takes a bit of the party vibe from early hip hop and the raw lyricism of the golden era.

Washington D.C. bred MC Wale seems to be spearheading this movement where MCs are following their own pattern of clothes, sneakers and lyrics over guns, whips and drugs. Wale's rise to popularity and respect is a lesson in how talent trumps image and predictability. Armed with a sense of humor, tireless work ethic and the ability to drop clever punch lines at a moment's notice has gotten the attention of many industry heavyweights. You can hear the excitement in Wale's vocal timbre although his delivery is a nonchalant half slurred flow. This has endeared him to a young crop of Hip Hop enthusiasts who have seemed to have overdosed, or even more telling, cannot relate to the gangster posturing of rap in the past five years or so. Wale's new song and video "W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E" is a perfect example of the new sound that's part electro and part hip hop. The video puts a hip hop spin on the original version by electro duo Justice. Take a good look and listen; this may be a perfect snapshot of the times.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

laugh.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
That's because Olubowale did pay for it himself. If you know how to read,read page 1. HE SAID IT HIMSELF.

Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

ayo. i peeped this today.... not bad. i started mixing this joint w/ the MSTRKRFT's remix......its gonna be BANANAS.

Put this on zshare when you're done yo.
laugh.gif
That MSTRKRFT remix is [KANYE] ON FIYAH [/KANYE].

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

laugh.gif

dude laughin like he expect others to laugh with him.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

i'm startin to wonder if he was referrin to NT when he said:
this where the haters is
this why they hate us here
this why i hate it here
though love it, I made it here
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom