• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I worked in wireless for years you'd be surprised how many people don't use case, me being one of them.

Of course you'll find people that don't use cases, i don't either, i hate them. People talk about build quality and "wow, look how thin it is" and talk about the the size and build quality of the phone being a major selling point than proceed to throw a case on it.

Cases should only be used if you're going fullout defender status and NEED it! I can understand a screen protector but hell with the glass they're using now I haven't had any problems myself.

Fully naked on all devices FTW :pimp:

my wife is a clutz when it comes to her phone.... she just randomly drops it anywhere... im really leaning towards the note 2.. havent had the chance to check out my options as plans go or fork over double the $ and get it unlocked...

I only use a case to protect my resale value. One little scratch and dudes want 50% off.
Today I pulled off my screen protector. It was muting the picture and making it look dull. I didn't pay this much to not like my phone.

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://androidandme.com/category/news[/URL]"]
News
Mar 16 AT 1:11 AM Taylor Wimberly 67 Comments
[h2]Rumor: Is this the LG Nexus 5?[/h2]

inShare

WARNING: If you are allergic to rumors, speculation, or leaked phones, then do not click on this story. We just received a hot tip and we are not able to verify the source, so help us decide if it’s fake or real.
lg-nexus-5-prototype-630x472.jpeg
Is the above image the LG Nexus 5? An anonymous source, who claims to work for Google, tells us this prototype is the real deal, but we are not sure what to make of it. There is a good chance that some basement dweller is trolling us hard, but this person has an interesting story so we thought it needed to be shared.
The source claims that Google plans to release a Nexus 5 later this year (October 2013), and they are currently evaluating several prototypes from different manufactures. One of these prototypes is made by LG and it’s currently using the codename “Megalodon.”
Rumored specs for the LG “Megalodon” include:

• 5.2″ OLED Display with 1920×1080 resolution
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 @ 2.3 GHz
  • 3GB LPDDR3 Ram
  • 16/32/64GB of internal storage
  • 16MP rear camera by OmniVision (4k video recording @30FPS, 1080p video recording @60FPS, Real Time HDR

• NO CHANCE IN HELL this is real[/quote]
    Wet dream.

Google would be the LAST company to put that much beast in one of there Vanilla phones. Maybe Samsung, HTC or LG, but def not Google made device.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Real talk I'm burned out from the new technology game. Just gonna use what I have until they stop working. 15" MacBook Pro, iPad 3, SGSIII. That's it...no more waiting to see what's released, no more rumors, no more presentations, no nothing. It was fun my dudes. Root/Jailbreak on :rofl: :rofl:[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Real talk I'm burned out from the new technology game. Just gonna use what I have until they stop working. 15" MacBook Pro, iPad 3, SGSIII. That's it...no more waiting to see what's released, no more rumors, no more presentations, no nothing. It was fun my dudes. Root/Jailbreak on :rofl: :rofl:[/COLOR]

this. i used to get excited with all of the rumors and speculations, but there's really no point. it's a waste of time and you're really just setting yourself up to be disappointed.

I too used to suffer from Technology envy. Always wanted the latest and greatest. Now I just feel if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm rocking my note 2 stock. When I get bored or when it starts feeling stale I'll root.
I used to root devices out of the box.

this. i used to get excited with all of the rumors and speculations, but there's really no point. it's a waste of time and you're really just setting yourself up to be disappointed.

[COLOR=#red]Exactly my dude, you feel my "pain". I sound like a b***ch but the roller coaster is too much :lol:[/COLOR]

youll be back.
they always come back.
you dont leave the game, it leaves you.

[COLOR=#red]Sadly I think you may be correct, but the fatigue is real brother. Tired of debating in my head stuff like "Vanilla" Android versus Rooting, versus features, and blah blah.
[/COLOR]

I too used to suffer from Technology envy. Always wanted the latest and greatest. Now I just feel if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm rocking my note 2 stock. When I get bored or when it starts feeling stale I'll root.
I used to root devices out of the box.

[COLOR=#red]Smart move, rock out stock, then for a change root it later.
[/COLOR]

y'all sound like some fiends in here :rofl:

[COLOR=#red]It keeps "Cawlin" Me!!![/COLOR]

Android Anonymous going on in here .

[COLOR=#red]Yeah man, and I blame Samsung for that bulls**t a** presentation for it. It's like you been waiting to smash this one chick for a whole year, then you finally get in it, just to blast on the second stroke :smh: [/COLOR]

i do. i don't know how you'd ever be disappointed with the note 2.
thanks... my gs2 broke.. so i think im gonna go the note 2 route.. if anyone can help it would be appreciated..
im not available for a upgrade til oct..
im thinking of opening up a new line to my family plan and get the note 2.. add 200mb of data ( because i need to add internet )
use the note 2 on my current number, can i use a older type sim card to activate the new line?
oct i will cancel my current line and use the "new line" so can i transfer my old number over?

thanks... my gs2 broke.. so i think im gonna go the note 2 route.. if anyone can help it would be appreciated..
im not available for a upgrade til oct..
im thinking of opening up a new line to my family plan and get the note 2.. add 200mb of data ( because i need to add internet )
use the note 2 on my current number, can i use a older type sim card to activate the new line?
oct i will cancel my current line and use the "new line" so can i transfer my old number over?

why not just buy out of your contract? you don't have that long left so it shouldn't be too much money.

my best friend/roommate has the note2. i have a gs2. that thing is a damn beast. the battery life is amazing. dude does not put it down ever and it just keeps trucking. it's basically a HUGE step up from the gs2. you can't go wrong with the note 2 man. if i had the guap that's what i'd be on.

if you're worried about the gs4 coming out don't be. my gs2 has held me down so long. i'm running a note 2 rom on my phone now and it does everything my boys phone does without the obvious like the s pen. thanks to rooting you can keep an android relevant until hardware can't keep up with the software.

Last edited:
it will be around $100 if i cancel early.. $10 200mb internet plus $5 to add a line is about $105...

Last edited:
elderwatson... do you think i should just cop the note 2?

[COLOR=#red]The Note 2 is still a beast bro. It will be even when the Note 3 is released. It's that good of a phone. So yes.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Exactly my dude, it's about as future proof as a mobile phone can be considering how fast the market changes.[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom