• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fo reals. I'm starting to get a little annoyed by the lag on the S3. I feel like i wasted my upgrade on this piece of crap. Hopefully Jellybean will be a lot smoother.
[COLOR=#red]
You probably have a lemon. In the manufacturing process there will always be a few lemons. This is not a Samsung Galaxy S 3 issue. It happens sometimes. Because I have the S3 in its stock form and it is blazing fast. Heck it doesn't even lag on the graphic intensive games on Google Play, so it's definitely an issue with your particular unit.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
getting tired of my ICS Nexus S 4G.
Thing can't handle ICS. Ish lags, isn't responsive, and has some serious trouble updating apps (It just sits there saying "downloading" but isn't downloading and I have to restart every app to make sure it updates). I'll press call on a contact and it'll sit there for 10-30 seconds doing nothing and then suddenly it starts dialing the number. mad annoying. NS4G is not a good representation of the beauty that is ICS/JB.
I'm eligible for an upgrade right now on Sprint, but I'm waiting for the next Nexus device to get that pure, unadulterated Android experience :pimp:

Minus whale cop a GNex and sell that when the next Nexus device drops. That'll be the best thing to do.

During Samsung’s keynote today at IFA, they confirmed that the Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) update for the Galaxy S3 will be arriving “very soon.” Since they announced the Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy Camera as running Jelly Bean out of the box, we would assume that they have basically finalized it for the GS3 as well. “Soon” certainly makes a lot of sense.

The thing to remember, is that the update may be finished, but there are carriers involved that will need to give their final approval. I hate to be a downer, but Verizon’s will likely be last to the party. As a carrier known for being incredibly slow to take their time on updates, it wouldn’t surprise me to see the international variant receive the update first, followed by T-Mobile, AT&T and Sprint before Verizon customers can enjoy the fun that is Jelly Bean. After all, the Galaxy Nexus LTE still doesn’t have the update, and it’s a damn Nexus.

Via: Engadget

it's your choice, but to me and a lot of people that post in this thread, it's more than worth the couple of hours of reading up and then flashing the rom.

I guess I just haven't felt like keeping up on all the ROMS and stuff out there. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

And ayo on your avy.

I guess I just haven't felt like keeping up on all the ROMS and stuff out there. I wouldn't even know where to begin.
And ayo on your avy.

First off are you rooted?

Go to cyanogenmod.com and grab cm10 it should be under crespo4g or look in the devices column.

[COLOR=#red]
You probably have a lemon. In the manufacturing process there will always be a few lemons. This is not a Samsung Galaxy S 3 issue. It happens sometimes. Because I have the S3 in its stock form and it is blazing fast. Heck it doesn't even lag on the graphic intensive games on Google Play, so it's definitely an issue with your particular unit.[/COLOR]

That might be the case. I guess the only solution is to either root it or wait for jelly bean. Where do people get their roms from?

Yeah I have had the S3 for like a month and been on Jellybean. It seriously is so fast it makes getting another phone seem silly.

Yeah I have had the S3 for like a month and been on Jellybean. It seriously is so fast it makes getting another phone seem silly.
pretty much.. I was gonna get the N2 if it blew me away, which it did not... but for now S3 will be kept for a while it seems

Laser canons, flux capacitor, and B***ch Slap mode (That will B***ch slap someone if they were to insult you) Samsung was definitely sleeping on these features :smh:

[COLOR=#red]Dang you were ambitious with your expectations. All I wanted was a touch sensitive fleshlight built in...Jellybean enabled of course cause I wanted the pure google experience. :rofl:[/COLOR]

^
I just want the Note 2 to release on Verizon. I hope it does :frown:.

I was reading an article about it on cnet and some of the comments from users were straight up dumb. They were saying a negative about it is it looks ridiculous when someone puts it up to their ear and talks on it. So what :stoneface: ? I don't think people would worry too much about talking on it because of its size since they bought it because of the big screen. People just want to be haters about products that they're not even going to buy.

[COLOR=#red]Dang you were ambitious with your expectations. All I wanted was a touch sensitive fleshlight built in...Jellybean enabled of course cause I wanted the pure google experience. :rofl:[/COLOR]

Reminds me, i was on a site reading about Jelly Bean and in the comments section some dude said Google should name the next update creampie :rofl:

With the lack of 4G support, my Evo 4G LTE isn't exactly "Wowing" me like I hoped it would. My signal always drops and my internet works when it wants too. Any advice on what I can do to really "open" this phone up?

What were you looking for with the Note 2?
Laser canons, flux capacitor, and B***ch Slap mode (That will B***ch slap someone if they were to insult you) Samsung was definitely sleeping on these features
mean.gif
They released that b**** with the same exact screen as the OG Note, though.. OG note was 1280 x 800 the N2 is 1280 x 720 not big deal but a year later I was expecting better.. same camera same a lot

y'all can buy that but not worth a full price for me.. i'll stick with the red s3
pimp.gif

Last edited:
^S3 is still at the top of my list. Note 2 looks sick but i don't know if i want to wait any longer for a release. I'll wait until the 12th to see what Apple has with the 5, if ios6 has the same look it does now i won't cop. Getting tired of the same boring ios layout. Unless hardware wise the iphone 5 is game changing i might just get the S3.

^S3 is still at the top of my list. Note 2 looks sick but i don't know if i want to wait any longer for a release. I'll wait until the 12th to see what Apple has with the 5, if ios6 has the same look it does now i won't cop. Getting tired of the same boring ios layout. Unless hardware wise the iphone 5 is game changing i might just get the S3.

Take it from me, you'll be more than happy with the S3. Ive had mine since release and i love it.

lol iOS6 has the same look, more features. I mean are customizing widgets and live wallpaper every week how you spend your time using your phone?

And theres no Game Changing hardware out now, I mean we got Quad Cores when Dual Cores havent been pushed to the limit yet.

For the Note 2 they could have upped the Camera, because the s3 camera sucks, and I guess try to push the envelope for Screen Res. Outside of that not much they can boost.

lol iOS6 has the same look, more features. I mean are customizing widgets and live wallpaper every week how you spend your time using your phone?
And theres no Game Changing hardware out now, I mean we got Quad Cores when Dual Cores havent been pushed to the limit yet.
For the Note 2 they could have upped the Camera, because the s3 camera sucks, and I guess try to push the envelope for Screen Res. Outside of that not much they can boost

For the Note 2 they could have upped the Camera, because the s3 camera sucks, and I guess try to push the envelope for Screen Res. Outside of that not much they can boost
i always see u use this gif in regards to apple and ios

still cracks me up
laugh.gif

With the lack of 4G support, my Evo 4G LTE isn't exactly "Wowing" me like I hoped it would. My signal always drops and my internet works when it wants too. Any advice on what I can do to really "open" this phone up?

i feel you. when im on 3g it kinda sucks. but its still better than my galaxy s2 with 4g that eats the battery up.

are u rooted? are u running a rom?

i suggest u run mean rom

First off are you rooted?
Go to cyanogenmod.com and grab cm10 it should be under crespo4g or look in the devices column.

I'm not rooted. Is CM the best way to go? I've seen others like Android Kang Open Project (or something like that) and some others. Frankly, as techy as I am, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to rooting...just haven't even read into it or given it the time of day.

Kind of afraid to brick my phone too...always got that nervous feeling when I'm doing ish like that :lol:

[COLOR=#red]I'm telling you guys...Apple is about to claim their implementation of LTE as revolutionary. I will post the quote that I am getting this from after my class. Lol, I knew this was going to happen. Apple is always late to the party, but when they come they will almost always claim it as therir own[/COLOR]

Samsung owns like 10% of all LTE patents and they say as soon as Apple announces a LTE iphone they're suing

Back
Top Bottom