• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Received a text from the National Weather Service on my S3 about flood areas. Kinda cool, but I don't need a text to tell me something I can see out my window and infer. Furthermore, I have weatherbug alerting me too.

Received a text from the National Weather Service on my S3 about flood areas. Kinda cool, but I don't need a text to tell me something I can see out my window and infer. Furthermore, I have weatherbug alerting me too.

Same here got it on my EVO LTE. I actually got it before it started to pour though

How come the $350 GNex deal isn't for Verizon or Sprint?

Does anyone know if that deal will come out for the CDMA networks and not just the GSM ones?

How come the $350 GNex deal isn't for Verizon or Sprint?
Does anyone know if that deal will come out for the CDMA networks and not just the GSM ones?

Cause Carriers want you sign contracts and be controlled for 2 years(Google has the resources to sell you the phone for $350 though), but you can get the GNEX from Best Buy @ $100 from Sprint and $250 from Verizon.

Can someone school me on uploading my music to google play? Thanks

I think you're supposed to download the Google play app onto your PC and sync the music from your iTunes.

I ditches it since they're BSing on that multiple device crap.

This may sound stupid but what exactly is touchwiz?? I had an S3 for two weeks (coming from an iPhone) but never heard of it till now. I returned my S3 to hold out for the iPhone but will probably be returning since it may never ever come out lol.

This may sound stupid but what exactly is touchwiz?? I had an S3 for two weeks (coming from an iPhone) but never heard of it till now. I returned my S3 to hold out for the iPhone but will probably be returning since it may never ever come out lol.

Did you do your research first before purchasing the s3? Touchwiz is Samsung overlay custom skin of Android

bugless beast jelly bean rom for toro nexus is :pimp:. no problems after install. i used nexus toolkit. jb destroys ics in terms of speed. and ics was fast to begin with. battery life is still solid. no bugs whatsoever ( so far) and connection is still great although to be fair im still on the 4.0.4 radios.

Touchwiz is Samsung's UI for Android. HTC's got Sense and Motorola has Blur.

bugless beast jelly bean rom for toro nexus is :pimp:. no problems after install. i used nexus toolkit. jb destroys ics in terms of speed. and ics was fast to begin with. battery life is still solid. no bugs whatsoever ( so far) and connection is still great although to be fair im still on the 4.0.4 radios.

Agreed. But I'm a noob for phones so I actually jumped from using T-Mobiles' G2X on Gingerbread to the Nexus on Jelly Bean haha :smh: so as you can imagine I'm (insert amazed emoticon)

My friends that have an iPhone have some type of app that uses no3 skull to download music, for free. Is there anything similar for droids?

I have a galaxy s2 and upgraded to the ICS software last week.
Terrible terrible mistake....so many bugs after the software update..
It ran real smooth at first but lagged way too much
Going back to the iphone, I only lasted 6 months :lol:

-_____________- When is the update for Jellybean gonna come for Verizon GNex.

honestly, i'd be surprised if u get hit with it this year. verizon took MONTHS to release 4.0.4 so unless u had a GSM nexus which already has the official JB update, don't count on it anytime soon unless u root and flash the rom.

Speculation: T-Mobile to launch QWERTY equipped G3 in early Q4

It’s not often that I write a speculative article, but recent news about an upcoming HTC device for T-Mobile has managed to catch my attention and ignite a flicker of hope that we may see a QWERTY equipped T-Mobile G3 in the next few months.
The news

According to TmoNews, the HTC Era 42 will be heading to T-Mobile this fall. The handset name was spotted in an image of a T-Mobile computer system with a date of September 26th. No additional details regarding form factor, price or specifications are currently available.
The speculation

Based on what I have heard from several HTC and T-Mobile sources, the HTC Era 42 may in fact launch as the T-Mobile G3 – featuring a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, stock Android and specifications which will rival the HTC One series.
The evidence

As stated above, the T-Mobile G3 is pure speculation at this point, but there are a few pieces of evidence that can be used to stitch a more cohesive picture together. As David from TmoNews pointed out, the original T-Mobile G1 has a connection with the Era moniker. While most of us came to know the phone as the G1 or HTC Dream, it was known as the HTC Era G1 in Poland and several other eastern European countries.

Since launch dates are a moving target, it’s impossible to know if the September 26th date associated with the HTC Era 42 is when T-Mobile plans on releasing the phone. One thing we do know is that a late September or early October launch will line up closely with the two year anniversary of the T-Mobile G2′s October 6th launch date.
Final thoughts

If you think this post is lacking any hard evidence, you are right. Based on hard evidence, all we really know is that T-Mobile may be planning to launch an HTC handset this fall. There are plenty of Android fans out there who would love to get their hands on a QWERTY equipped G series device which runs on stock Android, but it’s up to T-Mobile to decide if a handset that fits that bill is worth an investment. HTC announced that QWERTY devices were not going to be a main focus for the company in the future, but they do realize that “the [QWERTY] market’s there, the sort of the die hard community, they keep wanting it, there’s definitely still a market for it.”

What are your thoughts on the current evidence and the possibility of a T-Mobile G3 for this fall? Would you be interested in buying a QWERTY equipped Android device running an unskinned version of Jelly Bean?

The QWERTY keyboard lives!!! I'll be upgrading from the G2 whenever this drops. :D

There's plenty. Just type in MP3 downloader or something like that.
I been using GTunes Music and it works perfect.. anything I've wanted to download I've been able to download at a very nice speed.. you sure you not on Edge fam..

anyone using custom themed apps?

how do you flash these apps if you have the apk and what do you do with the old app file or whatever?

i want to put some themed apps on my gnex... gmail, mms, google voice, etc.... can anyone help?

EDIT: I should also mention i want to do this on my mac if possible

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom