• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[h2]http://androidandme.com/2011/10/news/samsung-galaxy-nexus-not-coming-to-sprint/[/h2]
[h2]Samsung Galaxy Nexus not coming to Sprint?[/h2]

The monumental Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Ice Cream Sandwich announcement has finally arrived. We are quite impressed about the new features, but there is one part left out of the equation. There was no mention of a WiMAX version, only LTE and HSPA+.

Sprint does not have either LTE or HSPA+ networks, but they do plan to roll out a 4G LTE network in mid-2012 for select markets with nationwide coverage to be fulfilled by the end of 2013.

What does this mean to Sprint customers? It could mean a few things, but they all conclude in a sad ending. These could be some of the possible results:
  • Sprint will not be offering the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • Sprint could get a WiMAX version, but it will take more time
  • Sprint will not be getting the Samsung Galaxy Nexus until its LTE network is launched
  • Sprint might get the Samsung Galaxy Nexus soon, but without 4G until its LTE network is launched
  • Samsung/Google just forgot to mention it, and the WiMAX version is coming
We would prefer to see the last option come true. While it would be Sprint customers’ best hope, it seems highly unlikely, though. Any of the other options concludes in a substantial amount of very unhappy Sprint subscribers. I’m curious how many would be willing to switch carriers.

This definitely does seem like an odd move. Especially since Sprint and Google have been very close friends lately. The most feasible guess would be that the device will not be arriving on Sprint until the LTE network is up and running. This would mean that the Galaxy Nexus will reach “America’s first 4G network

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Yo, what happened to ShootMe?

I cant find it in the market, and whenever I try to use it on my phone, it doesn't recognize my root, even with superuser permissions.

Any alternatives out there?
i still got it. the market wiped it off. i got it if you want it?
nerd.gif

Yeah, gimme that. Thanks.

I cant find it in the market, and whenever I try to use it on my phone, it doesn't recognize my root, even with superuser permissions.

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

http://db.tt/iVzdVA28

nerd.gif

http://db.tt/iVzdVA28

Originally Posted by sole searchin

is that the specs for sure or still rumors? Carriers?

also if i were to get the S2 right now, would there be an update to ice cream sandwich? I'm coming from an iPhone so all this android stuff is still new. Links for dummies in regards to rooting, etc.?

also should I get the SG2 or just wait for the Nexus and if it comes out for Tmobile??

also if i were to get the S2 right now, would there be an update to ice cream sandwich? I'm coming from an iPhone so all this android stuff is still new. Links for dummies in regards to rooting, etc.?

also should I get the SG2 or just wait for the Nexus and if it comes out for Tmobile??

Most likely a ICS rom will be available for the GS2 soon but if your not gonna root your phone you might as well wait . I can't even look at gingerbread the same after seeing the polish of ics

Most likely a ICS rom will be available for the GS2 soon but if your not gonna root your phone you might as well wait . I can't even look at gingerbread the same after seeing the polish of ics

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Iris Is (Sort Of) Siri For Android[/h1]
c0a943f484a32e62ed3bc81dd0dd25da
John Biggs

posted yesterday

60 Comments

screenshot3.png

While voice control has been part of Android since the dawn of time, Siri came along and ruined the fun with its superior search and understanding capabilities. However, an industrious team of folks from Dexetra.com, led by Narayan Babu, built a Siri-alike in just 8 hours during a hackathon.

Iris allows you to search on various subjects including conversions, art, literature, history, and biology. You can ask it “What is a fish?

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Iris Is (Sort Of) Siri For Android[/h1]
c0a943f484a32e62ed3bc81dd0dd25da
John Biggs

posted yesterday

60 Comments

screenshot3.png

While voice control has been part of Android since the dawn of time, Siri came along and ruined the fun with its superior search and understanding capabilities. However, an industrious team of folks from Dexetra.com, led by Narayan Babu, built a Siri-alike in just 8 hours during a hackathon.

Iris allows you to search on various subjects including conversions, art, literature, history, and biology. You can ask it “What is a fish?

Seems I have a dilemma on my hands with all the options laid out in front of me (at least it's a good problem).  Finally jumping off the Blackberry wagon 2 years too late and ready to join Team Android. 
While I love the GS2, the build quality of the Amaze was just so much more "premium" to me.  If I had to pick between the two, I'd go with the GS2. 
Only problem is that I know the GS2 HD is looming and I'd much prefer the 1280x720 res of the HD to the 800x400 of the norm GS2 (which was the other reason why the Amaze was high in my book, along with Sense > TouchWiz).
 But at the same time, I could get that 1280x720 on the Galaxy Note, which contrary to a lot of opinions I've read, bigger is indeed better for me.  I've got huge hands and think smartphone + tablet combo is redundant, so I'd love the Note to fill that hybrid role.
And if I didn't already have enough of a decision, GNexus with same 1280x720, 4.65 (really 4.5 if you consider real estate for the three buttons) and prime selling point, "pure" Google experience and quick update calendar.

Decisions, decisions!

It would be easier if I was gonna stick w/ TMO and I'd just resell each phone once the newer one came out but I'm jumping to Sprint and I've heard it's not as smooth reselling CDMA phones.  Either way, it's better than being stuck with week long outages on a 2 year old 9700.

Seems I have a dilemma on my hands with all the options laid out in front of me (at least it's a good problem).  Finally jumping off the Blackberry wagon 2 years too late and ready to join Team Android. 
While I love the GS2, the build quality of the Amaze was just so much more "premium" to me.  If I had to pick between the two, I'd go with the GS2. 
Only problem is that I know the GS2 HD is looming and I'd much prefer the 1280x720 res of the HD to the 800x400 of the norm GS2 (which was the other reason why the Amaze was high in my book, along with Sense > TouchWiz).
 But at the same time, I could get that 1280x720 on the Galaxy Note, which contrary to a lot of opinions I've read, bigger is indeed better for me.  I've got huge hands and think smartphone + tablet combo is redundant, so I'd love the Note to fill that hybrid role.
And if I didn't already have enough of a decision, GNexus with same 1280x720, 4.65 (really 4.5 if you consider real estate for the three buttons) and prime selling point, "pure" Google experience and quick update calendar.

Decisions, decisions!

It would be easier if I was gonna stick w/ TMO and I'd just resell each phone once the newer one came out but I'm jumping to Sprint and I've heard it's not as smooth reselling CDMA phones.  Either way, it's better than being stuck with week long outages on a 2 year old 9700.

Just got the Tmobile S2 and I'm lost lol. I can from an iPhone for the past 3 years so all this is new to me. Is there a root for this yet? Also, it came with alot of apps already installed and im not sure I need them, if i delete them, can I have them back as well? Also when ice cream sandwhich comes out, will the S2 support it through a firmware upgrade?

Thanks, and if there's anything else I should know lmk.

Just got the Tmobile S2 and I'm lost lol. I can from an iPhone for the past 3 years so all this is new to me. Is there a root for this yet? Also, it came with alot of apps already installed and im not sure I need them, if i delete them, can I have them back as well? Also when ice cream sandwhich comes out, will the S2 support it through a firmware upgrade?

Thanks, and if there's anything else I should know lmk.

Back
Top Bottom