• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think that imei checker just claims your phone is affected just to scare you to turn it in quick

Yeah, If you got your phone early, you're pretty much going to be on it. Because all of the early ones are being recalled.

It's not letting you know your phone will catch on fire.

It's pretty much going to more useful to people selling or buying them in a month or two.

It's cool but Imma hang onto mine until I can go pick one up next week. Not tryna go sans phone

Can anyone school me on Android mini-PCs? All I want to do is hook it up to a bedroom TV to use SlingPlayer and Netflix (instead of renting another cable box).

I also have a Chromecast and it works fine but wanted to know if a dedicated Android mini PC has any benefits instead of casting from a phone/tablet.

Honestly never heard of a android mini pc and was sure you were talking about a chromebase. Just from what I looked at it'd be very similar to just getting an android tv box if you're just gonna be casting media. Some in here have Nexus Player (which is discontinued but can be bought used) and others have the NVIDIA Sheild which is a more powerful box. There's also the Xiaomi Mi Box  which looks like it's gonna be the best for ya buck but it isn't quite out yet

Wouldn't suggest Fire stick if you're into casting since Amazon's skin over Android doesn't work with non amazon devices from my experience.

FedEx took 4 days to deliver a package a barely over an hour drive.

Just started using it now. First impression is real good
Early impression(s) after a day:

Packaging: I don't put much into this. An extra screen prktector, case, and USB adapter was nice, though

Device Build: out the box, I thought it was heavy. Feels well built/sturdy, and good in the hand

Screen: Pleasure to look at. I keep it at 1/3 brightness. Previous phone was 1080p, but I do have a 2k display phone (G3) and this blows it away...to my eyes

Software: I use GoogleNow launcher, and it's snappy on all devices. Didn't install any of the ZTE bundled software

Camera: It's good but no Samsung 6/7 device. Its good enough to capture the monent, and i have a DSLR for anything more.

Battery: Too early to tell based on a day of usage. All reports say it's respectable.

Sound: This is where the device really shines, IMO. Front speakers are loud and clear. Probably the best audio from headphones ive tried, too.

Cell/Wifi Radio: Been reports of poor strength but I haven't noticed it yet. My home/workplace both have multiple access points setup so I can't see it being an issue for wireless. Cell signal all depends on location

Final thought: I'd say its on par with other smartphones double its price. I'm not interested in leasing/financing a phone so for $400 it was a no brainer. Also got a decent set of headphones for pre-ordering through Newegg.

I think samsung played me because of the note 7 disaster. Updated my phone and now my fast charging won't charge as fast as it used to. I suspect they did that to prevent overheating from previous models. I have a note 5

Is the edge worth the extra money? Yes or no? And maybe on reason why?

My phone broke and I'm basically set on the galaxy for my new phone, any help would be appreciated

Is the edge worth the extra money? Yes or no? And maybe on reason why?

My phone broke and I'm basically set on the galaxy for my new phone, any help would be appreciated

The reasons I got the s7 edge was screen/battery size and it looks cool. The edge features are useless to me and the edge screen gets in the way when you're using one hand the skin on your hand hits the edge and registers touches when you don't want them

Still waiting on the new Nexus' after I sae the iPhone 7 camera comparison videos.

I'm still trying to get rid of my S7 
nerd.gif

Can anyone school me on Android mini-PCs? All I want to do is hook it up to a bedroom TV to use SlingPlayer and Netflix (instead of renting another cable box).

I also have a Chromecast and it works fine but wanted to know if a dedicated Android mini PC has any benefits instead of casting from a phone/tablet.
you mean like a chromebox? i got one (HP), upgraded the memory from 4GB to 8GB and it works great.

installed kodi on it as well. cost me like $125 on sale at micro center.  no lag (which sometimes happen on chromecast) cause it's directly connected via HDMI

Semi-related: I finally got the Material Design update for Chrome. It looks a little bit different.

So t mobile Sent me a temp device s6 edge and gave me the run around on how to return my note 7. the non corporate store called customer care, who said I could bring it to any Corporate store and they'd take it but when I got there they called customer care and they advised me to hang onto the note 7 and just power it off until I get one of the new note 7 after the 21st. Does anyone know what the deal really is w t mo and how do I get the bill credit? Smh sloppy all around and a huge inconvenience

So t mobile Sent me a temp device s6 edge and gave me the run around on how to return my note 7. the non corporate store called customer care, who said I could bring it to any Corporate store and they'd take it but when I got there they called customer care and they advised me to hang onto the note 7 and just power it off until I get one of the new note 7 after the 21st. Does anyone know what the deal really is w t mo and how do I get the bill credit? Smh sloppy all around and a huge inconvenience
im no longer with tmobile, but its samsungs fault. the directions on handling these returns is SO jacked up and messy that tmobile telling u to sit and wait is them doing you a favor. no joke, theres like 10-15 extra steps to process a simple exchange for the note 7's because of samsungs instructions. per person. but its not tmo's fault. bill credit? cant help u with that. better dial 611 lol

im no longer with tmobile, but its samsungs fault. the directions on handling these returns is SO jacked up and messy that tmobile telling u to sit and wait is them doing you a favor. no joke, theres like 10-15 extra steps to process a simple exchange for the note 7's because of samsungs instructions. per person. but its not tmo's fault. bill credit? cant help u with that. better dial 611 lol

But how about just take the phone and when the new note is available take the s7 edge loaner? Now when the replacement is available they'll have to take back 2 phones at one time, one of which I'm sure would be liable for were the screen to crack or something in my possession (note 7) it's inconvenient as hell as a customer don't put the honus on us, yes it's Samsung fault but I bought from t mobile u digg?

Back
Top Bottom