• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was getting 6+ on my S7 edge until a security patch in June killed it and now get a little over 3 hours

My Note 5 got an OTA update yesterday. Anyone know what that was about? I dont see any differences.

What's everyone screen on time averages?
I'll post my 100%-1% tnite on my g5. Using normal. Auto brightness
last few days I've been getting a solid 4 hours SOT with my Note 7 on a 12-13hr day. Pretty much charged to 100% by 8am and put on the MAX battery saver and airplane mode while working and only taking off airplane mode during my breaks so for about 2 hrs.

Note 7 to get an update in S. Korea to limit battery life to 60% to prevent any other explosions. IDK if that update is coming to the states but it better not.

Making the switch...

Back to the S7E, T-Mobile sent me an email saying there's no timetable for the new batch of N7's to come in, :smh:

i didnt see this coming with the note 7... i thought it had promise even though it was a slightly better galaxy 7 edge...only thing bad about the phone was the price but i guess all that is irrelevant :lol:

i didnt see this coming with the note 7... i thought it had promise even though it was a slightly better galaxy 7 edge...only thing bad about the phone was the price but i guess all that is irrelevant :lol:

It's just temporary for me, I'll be going back to the Note 7 when the non-bomb ones release. I mean as bad of a crisis as this is, the exchange process is pretty seemless, getting the S7E loaner overnighted. And a 25$ Samsung card for my troubles apparently.

It's just temporary for me, I'll be going back to the Note 7 when the non-bomb ones release. I mean as bad of a crisis as this is, the exchange process is pretty seemless, getting the S7E loaner overnighted. And a 25$ Samsung card for my troubles apparently.

I don't know what process you went through for the recall but between best buy and att were giving me the runaround around for 5 plus hours trying to exchange for a 7 edge.neither wanted to acknowledge the recall and literally told what every phone I got today was the only phone I would get, no note 7 if they ever do get re-released. Definitely soured me on ever buying a phone again from best buy and a Lil on Samsung for not having a streamlined process available at retail , at least for those 2 stores.

The one time I decide to get me a brand new phone and it's fricken FLAWLESS a complete total recall happens and apparently depending on the store you go into Verizon may not exchange it but only take the phone back and possibly give you $25 off a purchase. As the days go by I get more concerned with my phone being next but geez man it could not have been worse timing to have no phone

I prefer phones where you can remove the battery but with the problems ive had with the G3, think imma pass on the G5. Just got a brand new battery from LG that I have no reason to use now.

The one time I decide to get me a brand new phone and it's fricken FLAWLESS a complete total recall happens and apparently depending on the store you go into Verizon may not exchange it but only take the phone back and possibly give you $25 off a purchase. As the days go by I get more concerned with my phone being next but geez man it could not have been worse timing to have no phone

:x Nah no way

Last edited:
i'll ride it out .. if anything ill see what the OnePlus phones are like

Last edited:
I don't know what process you went through for the recall but between best buy and att were giving me the runaround around for 5 plus hours trying to exchange for a 7 edge.neither wanted to acknowledge the recall and literally told what every phone I got today was the only phone I would get, no note 7 if they ever do get re-released. Definitely soured me on ever buying a phone again from best buy and a Lil on Samsung for not having a streamlined process available at retail , at least for those 2 stores.

Yea I guess going through Best Buy is different. I just called T-Mobile and entire process was done in less than 10 minutes. I was going to do it at a retail store but that would have left me phone-less for a few days possibly.

Same boat. First time buying a phone the day of release and this happens. The exchange was pretty smoothly for me though. I may just keep the S7 Edge. I like Grace UX but I use Nova Launcher anyways and don't really use the S-Pen.

Back
Top Bottom