• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Screen sensitivity issues, bugs everywhere, UI fluidity inconsistencies, Terrible customer support, and device replacement time is too long since there's not an abundant amount of supply.
I feel you. Not for nothing, I'm not a fan of how Google is handling the new Nexus phones either. Online only purchases for smartphones without a carrier sounds like a great idea, but the customer support must be outrageous. 

What? How and why are you just making an assumption that Google's CS would be bad because they're selling direct to customers? I've never heard anyone complain about their CS.

What? How and why are you just making an assumption that Google's CS would be bad because they're selling direct to customers? I've never heard anyone complain about their CS.
Well wouldn't there be a little bit of ease if your going into a store, and getting the phone, as opposed to going through their online vendor? just my 2cents

I've had a galaxy nexus and also and nexus 5

Both phones unfortunately had to be replaced due to issues. I got the phones replaced without hassle but I'm not gonna lie it's annoying. You have to call or email in, go back and forth with info. Wait for a phone to be sent to you then have to send the old phone in.

Theres nothing like walking into a carrier store and getting good old fashioned service.

I think it'd be pretty cool if Google would open up stores but I don't think they have a big enough market share to do it

Kinda sucks you can't the play credit to buy the chromecast....its gonna take me a while to spend this $50 :lol:

Bruh, I'm sayin :lol: I just used $11 of mine to buy the latest Joe Budden album, which is pointless since I have the music subscription. I guess it's coo I can support Mouse I guess

Last edited:
Kinda sucks you can't the play credit to buy the chromecast....its gonna take me a while to spend this $50 :lol:

Bruh, I'm sayin :lol: I just used $11 of mine to buy the latest Joe Budden album, which is pointless since I have the music subscription. I guess it's coo I can support Mouse I guess

Man I've only spent maybe $10 on apps total in the past few years...this $50 is gonna hold me down for a decade :lol:

A few stray thoughts on the 6P so far. These are mainly on the way the phone feels.

The 6P feels more premium than any phone I have ever used, and I have used quite a few. That's quite a feat considering it only costs $500. It feels meticulously crafted. There aren't creaks and slack in the buttons. Nothing feels hollow or flimsy. The chamfered edges remind me of the Note 4.

It feels great for a big phone. I loved the 6, but this feels way better. This feels easier to use. It has a weight to it, but it doesn't feel big for big's sake. It just feels substantial.

The screen is great. Haven't had a chance to check it out outdoors, though. I have no complaints. I'm not a spec junkie, but this seems as pretty as the Samsungs. It may not be.

The back is slicker than I had hoped. I don't use cases, but I could see how you'd want one.

Marshmallow is great. It's snappy. Beautiful. The animations are smooth. I know I say this every time, but I can't imagine using any of the skins for an extended amount of time. I've noticed that every time I try one of the Samsungs, HTCs, or LGs of the world, the first thing I do is try to make it more like the Nexus phones. Skins are awful. The limited functionality they bring, if they do at all (debatable), doesn't outweigh the fact that they are ugly and look like they were designed by children. There's a design language at play here and it shows. The jury is still out on Now on Tap. I forget it's there, so I haven't really tried to test it.

The vibration motor is second only to the iPhone 6+. The iPhone 6+'s vibration motor is insane. It's so hard to explain. I suggest everyone feel it.

The speakers are awesome. Nearly Boomsound awesome.

I really like the color. At first I kinda wished I had gone with the Frosty 6P. Not anymore. It's a great looking phone, but it's subtle. It won't catch eyes. It's primary purpose doesn't seem to be wanting to get people to ask you to use it a la Samsung's S6 series.

I like the LED notification light on the 5X more. This one is really subtle. With the 5X, there's no ignoring or missing notifications. This seems small, but for someone like me who hates ringtones and notification sounds, it's a detail I miss. I also liked the placement on the 5X more.

The bulge on the back is so small it seems silly to even be mentioning it. I wasn't as appalled by the initial leaks as some were (I liked the Droid X). I wouldn't have minded it even being more pronounced.

So far, I really like it.

Man I've only spent maybe $10 on apps total in the past few years...this $50 is gonna hold me down for a decade :lol:

You wish...it expires next year.

A few stray thoughts on the 6P so far. These are mainly on the way the phone feels.

The 6P feels more premium than any phone I have ever used, and I have used quite a few. That's quite a feat considering it only costs $500. It feels meticulously crafted. There aren't creaks and slack in the buttons. Nothing feels hollow or flimsy. The chamfered edges remind me of the Note 4.

It feels great for a big phone. I loved the 6, but this feels way better. This feels easier to use. It has a weight to it, but it doesn't feel big for big's sake. It just feels substantial.

The screen is great. Haven't had a chance to check it out outdoors, though. I have no complaints. I'm not a spec junkie, but this seems as pretty as the Samsungs. It may not be.

The back is slicker than I had hoped. I don't use cases, but I could see how you'd want one.

Marshmallow is great. It's snappy. Beautiful. The animations are smooth. I know I say this every time, but I can't imagine using any of the skins for an extended amount of time. I've noticed that every time I try one of the Samsungs, HTCs, or LGs of the world, the first thing I do is try to make it more like the Nexus phones. Skins are awful. The limited functionality they bring, if they do at all (debatable), doesn't outweigh the fact that they are ugly and look like they were designed by children. There's a design language at play here and it shows. The jury is still out on Now on Tap. I forget it's there, so I haven't really tried to test it.

The vibration motor is second only to the iPhone 6+. The iPhone 6+'s vibration motor is insane. It's so hard to explain. I suggest everyone feel it.

The speakers are awesome. Nearly Boomsound awesome.

I really like the color. At first I kinda wished I had gone with the Frosty 6P. Not anymore. It's a great looking phone, but it's subtle. It won't catch eyes. It's primary purpose doesn't seem to be wanting to get people to ask you to use it a la Samsung's S6 series.

I like the LED notification light on the 5X more. This one is really subtle. With the 5X, there's no ignoring or missing notifications. This seems small, but for someone like me who hates ringtones and notification sounds, it's a detail I miss. I also liked the placement on the 5X more.

The bulge on the back is so small it seems silly to even be mentioning it. I wasn't as appalled by the initial leaks as some were (I liked the Droid X). I wouldn't have minded it even being more pronounced.

So far, I really like it.

Thanks for the update bro. Glad the phone is of worthy quality to be a Nexus. I'm an anti-ringtone guy myself and need more than a subtle notification light but w/ a smartwatch, I aint gon complain. Just counting down the days until I get one, I'll probably look into around the holidays.

By the way, orders for the Aluminium 32GB 6Ps are shipping immediately. Some dude on XDA ordered his an hour ago and it'll be here tomorrow.

Last edited:
Any of you guys own a nexus player? I've been thinking about getting one and loading kodi on it. If you have experience with it feel free to reply.. Thanks

Dunno if it's been posted already, but LG V10s purchased before November 15th get a 200GB microSD and extra battery+charging cradle.

I love my G4, but the V10 is sounding pretty sweet right now.

http://m.gsmarena.com/buy_an_lg_v10..._battery_and_a_charging_cradle-blog-14715.php

Any of you guys own a nexus player? I've been thinking about getting one and loading kodi on it. If you have experience with it feel free to reply.. Thanks

I do, and kodi flys on it. Runs much better than the fire stick. Haven't upgraded to 6.0 yet but I think I'm going to hold off on that. There seems to be an issue with casting, however I totally recommend it if you're looking to get it.

Almost like Google can't give the Aluminum 6Ps away :lol:

I really need to cut the cord and looking into different devices. Is the Nexus Player worth the investment? Already have a Roku 3 but have 2 more tvs that will need to be hooked up in the home when I do cut the cord.

Think some targets have the Nexus player for like $25 on clearance, which is a steal if you can find it.

damn oh well :smh:

any carrier gonna be selling the Xperia Z5 compact?

The Xperia line is on life support in North America, famb. Your best bet is probably Bell in Canada
damn :smh:

bought my mom a Z3 compact off amazon earlier this year. i really like the phone and wanted to get the Z5.

Its definitely still obtainable, you'll just have to buy an international unlocked edition since it's highly unlikely to be released by any US carriers anytime soon (remember the Z3+/Z4? Yeah, me neither.) Bell in Canada has them, as well as Clove: https://m.clove.co.uk/sony-xperia-z5-compact

Small note: Phones released in the UK are usually not as loud as their Intl counterparts due to UK law. Also, MAKE SURE THE XPERIA THAT YOU PURCHASE SUPPORTS THE LTE FREQUENCIES YOUR CARRIER USES.

Last edited:
That's a hell of a deal for the G4.

I've been doing some looking into the budget phones, and the One Plus X looks like a steal at $250. Moto G still a solid choice too

Anyone using hangouts as they're texting app? Have they improved the lag and mms issues?

Back
Top Bottom