Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
$215 to fix a phone :x :smh:

Once you figure out how to use insurance to your advantage, you can make some money to get a new phone every 6 months...

Wait how did Samsung fix it that quickly? Wasnt that post a few days ago?

Completely lost here
$215 to fix a phone 
sick.gif

mean.gif

Once you figure out how to use insurance to your advantage, you can make some money to get a new phone every 6 months...
Word? We talm bout double dipping? Not sure how well that'd fly tbh. 

I kept saying I wasnt gonna upgrade to it, but with all the issues I'm having with texting and the like, I'm wondering if going to Lollipop would help at all. Anyone whos on it, how is the battery life?

Xposed doesnt work with 5.0 TW based roms... Decisions, decisions. I would love to go back Stock, but I like my S Pen and what it provides screenshot wise

Last edited:
$215 to fix a phone :x  :smh:

Word? We talm bout double dipping? Not sure how well that'd fly tbh. 

Depending on the phone, carrier and insurance you have its usually better to "lose" your phone instead of sending it back to get fixed. Either way the insurance company is sending you a new phone after you pay your deductible...Just because its damaged or has a bad ESN # doesn't mean it won't sell. Just check out some of the high end phones on ebay that fall into that category and you'll see what I mean.

So what are these people doing with phones with "bad" ESN/IMEI? Are they usable abroad?

Last edited:
based mod based mod I usually buy phones for cheap off CL that have bad ESN/IMEI #'s and send them to friends in fam in Europe and they have no problems at all setting up the phones overseas. They just pop in a local sim and connect to the network and the phones work fine.

I think people get the blacklisted phones flashed and use them on the smaller pre paid networks her in the US

I've also seen a few sellers on ebay that say they can swap out a bad ESN/IMEI for around $30-$40 but I don't know reliable that is to be honest

Last edited:
hey guys, does anyone know whats up with android OS and the battery issue? it seems like most of the people i know who use android have battery issues that last less than 6 hours. i have about 30% before i sleep and it dies even though im not doing anything with it over night. bought new batteries and still the same issue

No battery issue here. Haven't heard anything either.

What phone? Software version?

Post your battery stats.

Last edited:
Wifi calling gives me issues. Sometimes people cannot hear me talking but I can hear them.
Its like you're me man. For the last two days my WiFI calling has made it so no one can hear me but I can hear them.

What phone do you have? The Note 4? Cause between this and the texting issues that only you and I seem to be having IDK what to think 
We have the same damn issues. To answer your question, Yes I have a Note 4 with T-Mobile.
Texting issue happens from time to time. Somedays its perfect with no issues but other days is a different story. Is that a daily occurrence for you?

Are there any differences in terms of specs between the Note 4 and the Note Edge? Found a great deal on one on CL in my area

Wifi calling gives me issues. Sometimes people cannot hear me talking but I can hear them.
Its like you're me man. For the last two days my WiFI calling has made it so no one can hear me but I can hear them.

What phone do you have? The Note 4? Cause between this and the texting issues that only you and I seem to be having IDK what to think 
We have the same damn issues. To answer your question, Yes I have a Note 4 with T-Mobile.
Texting issue happens from time to time. Somedays its perfect with no issues but other days is a different story. Is that a daily occurrence for you?
It's sporadic for me. It hasn't happened yet today but I'm sure it will at some part.

One day I will be all good, then the next day it's a disaster.

[COLOR=#red]I saw firsthand how the S6 camera is better than the Note 4. Me and my frat was out last night and we had somebody take the same identical picture with my phone, and my bruh's S6. I was trying to front, but the S6 was clearly better...the lower aperture definitely played a role since the scene was lowlight. Note 4 was still good, but was edged out by the S6.

Yes we already knew this, just stating I finally got to see it firsthand. Note 5 however, I'm expecting that cam to be as good as the Hubble Telescope and ****[/COLOR]

How's the OIS on the S6?    And how bad is the touch wiz?

[COLOR=#red]Can't really comment on the image stabilization other than the picture came out clear with no blurriness that you tend to find in low light images.

I'm the wrong person to ask about UIs though. I just tap icons according to what I need to do. Then again i deal with 3 different touchscreen interfaces daily (Android, MS, iOS), so i seamlessly switch without thinking.

:smh: famLollipop dropped in October/November (I believe)

It is half way through its life year cycle. :smh:

I know that this is just one phone and others got it earlier but these are the things man :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom