• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was just looking that deal, its pretty tempting...

Could be useful when I go back to school, something light to carry around

The "active" phones should be the standard galaxy S-series, have the note and a budget phone.. AND THATS IT.

No reason to have 8 different versions.

I agree with you it just seems unnecessary.

I was thinking about returning my G3 for an S5 until I saw a video where someone put a G3 under water for over an hour. I wonder if it would hold up in 3 ft.

Also, does anyone know where to purchase an oem G3 battery?

Anybody taken a wack at chromebooks yet? I'm considering it for my step son
There's a deal right now on a refurbished C720 on Groupon for $129.99. Use coupon code LABOR10 for another 10%off free shipping

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-ace...9_1327_0&sid=96acf0aad0e84f7185d17a3d1237b958

It's on the front page of slickdeals right now 
smokin.gif

B

O
I'm tempted, I havent had a laptop to use for like 4 months now.

I've used a Chromebook, the C720 4GB model, as my primary computer since last November, I love mine.

Granted, I don't need to do any kind of photo/video editing, but if I needed to do some light photo editing, there's Chrome Apps available. Not to mention, you can dual boot Ubuntu and run GIMP.

As for ChromeOS, it's great for the intended purpose... the internet. That's all I needed a laptop for and it does it very well, it was inexpensive, it's fast, boots quick, etc. You can torrent, there's Google Docs, and so on. All my music is on Google Play Music, so I don't need iTunes or anything like that.

It's not a one size fits all.. so if you need a specific Windows program it's not going to be ideal or if you need to run Photoshop, but for many I'd say it's exactly what they'd need out of a computer for a really great price.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Chromebook tips and links. My step son is only 8 so he won't be needing a super mega computer, just something he can learn to  type on and browse cartoon network and nickelodeon for a few hours. And put a few movies on there. Won't be getting it just yet, prob for christmas.

Thanks for the Chromebook tips and links. My step son is only 8 so he won't be needing a super mega computer, just something he can learn to  type on and browse cartoon network and nickelodeon for a few hours. And put a few movies on there. Won't be getting it just yet, prob for christmas.

Chromebook would be perfect for that. Also something like a Lenovo Yoga, but I can't speak towards the quality of those "transformer" devices.

I agree with you it just seems unnecessary.

I was thinking about returning my G3 for an S5 until I saw a video where someone put a G3 under water for over an hour. I wonder if it would hold up in 3 ft.

Also, does anyone know where to purchase an oem G3 battery?

I get what your saying.. But at the same time...what situation are you gana be in where your phone needs to be underwater for an hour?

I get what your saying.. But at the same time...what situation are you gana be in where your phone needs to be underwater for an hour?
Exactly

Unless you are clumsy, have children who play in toilets or other bodies of water, or work in a water related feild it's one of those features that you can stick you chest out on but eh....

1. Yes it is.
2. No* you don't.
3. There are ways.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_field_communication#Security

We've been through this time and time again, Superb. :lol:

edit: No

I'm not even going to argue with a so called tech guru who post wiki articles knowing anybody can edit them to their liking and they aren't accurate at all and really what's the point of even posting a link. show direct evidence not a wiki article. you always do this. that hack is old trust me I played with it a few times with that app. Security updates have been put in place

anyway have a good day dash I'm not going back and forth with u.

I got money to make, we already been through this

Last edited:
I'm not even going to argue with a so called tech guru who post wiki articles knowing anybody can edit them to their liking and they aren't accurate at all and really what's the point of even posting a link. show direct evidence not a wiki article. you always do this. that hack is old trust me I played with it a few times with that app. Security updates have been put in place

anyway have a good day dash I'm not going back and forth with u.

I got money to make, we already been through this

You ask for direct evidence and yet you say you're not going to go back and forth. Aight. :lol:

1. I never claimed to be a tech guru. Just that I know more about tech than you. I think that much is obvious.

2. You're really using that "anyone can edit Wiki!" excuse that teachers use? As if people are really out here altering an article on NFC. If the wiki article isn't enough, how about the research paper that the Wiki article references?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...4wc-QqkAGBgZOej5w&sig2=x4iXtv31GxaLVOaH5Ou8TQ

If you don't trust that, feel free to search "Security in Near Field Communication" by Ernst Haselsteiner in your favorite search engine. :smile:

You were wrong about SSL (See: Heartbleed,) you're wrong about NFC now, and you will continue to be wrong as long as you insist on pretending that you're an expert. You're not. Nor am I. But I use research and experience to gain knowledge about things I don't know. How you come up with what you say? I have no idea. :lol:

PS. Since when does it matter if a hack is old, anyways? Heartbleed is "old", but I guarantee people will continue to see intrusions for years to come.

The fact that the moment it hits water it doesn't turn off is good enough for me. I was just surprised it was able to last that long is all.

How do I get my google play music on my actual music app?

Tried googling it and apparently its done on purpose that you can't access it outside of google play..but I'm sure there's a way to do it..

Last edited:
If you have 10gb or something on Google Play Music, then you can't find it on your phone since it isn't actually on your phone anywhere. I do believe though that if you cache your music in the app as you play it, there is a directory where you can pull it from there once it has been cached for quicker playback. You would have to look that piece up as I don't know off top. Do you just prefer to use a different music player instead of that one? You can play the music from your device in the Google Music app too, but I am sure you knew that
laugh.gif

Just realized I hit 2k posts with my previous one about Samsung on the last page
nthat.gif

How do I get my google play music on my actual music app?

Tried googling it and apparently its done on purpose that you can't access it outside of google play..but I'm sure there's a way to do it..

Go through the google play site... There's an option to download mp3

That's the only way I know

put me on game...

In the process of buying a laptop

I hopped on the Groupon deal for $128 shipped... Its sold out though

Back
Top Bottom