• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For my cats that jump between the nexus or other unlocked phones and carrier branded phones...

Do y'all experience better connectivity?

I'm good with my n5 from a metwork perspective...

But I'm wondering if it would be better if I had a carrier branded phone.

All I can say is that for me the difference between the N5 and G2 was significant. The N5 had me thinking TMobile service sucked lol

Verdict is final
laugh.gif
The G3 is a great phone that unfortunately might get slept on just because.

This video review really changed my overall perception of the phone...it goes through almost every feature of the phone...very capable. It can be argued that this is the best of the flagships of 2014.
Just to let you guys know the M8 have alot of these features alreaady . M8 have the knock on knock off double tap to turn on and off
Just copped a HTC One M8 off craigslist for 4hunnid.
Even came with a case and tempered screen protector.
Met at t-mo store, paid off his phone balance right there in front of me and was good to go.
Time to give Nexus 5 a break and see what this can do.
Goodpickup. Put the venom rom on it from xda

Just copped a HTC One M8 off craigslist for 4hunnid.
Even came with a case and tempered screen protector.
Met at t-mo store, paid off his phone balance right there in front of me and was good to go.
Time to give Nexus 5 a break and see what this can do.
Welcome to the M8 team
pimp.gif
.  Once you feel that speed you will never want to use another device 

For my cats that jump between the nexus or other unlocked phones and carrier branded phones...

I've flashed a few AOSP roms on my S4 and each time had terrible cell coverage. When I flashed TW roms, my service was considerably better. I mean I went from 1-2 bars on AOSP to 4-5 bars on stock firmware. It was that big of a difference.

I bought an Unlocked LG G3 (from Korea) but can't make a video call because it says that "Global roaming is not supported".  Is there any way around this?

Verizon has the best service and coverage in my area out of all the carriers. But I have my OPO on T-mobile and so far the service and speeds have been pretty good. But it does lose service in alot of Areas that my Note 2 on Verizon has 4GLTE in. And when it does lose service, it LOSES service in a major way. But you could probably say that about any carrier really. None of them are gonna give you 100% of everything that you want. Verizon has great coverage and service, but crappy phone selection and data plans. Sprint has nice phone selection and great plans, but crappy coverage. T-mobile has great and affordable plans, but they don't have enough coverage and service. AT&T has decent plans and phones, but the service is also spotty and it's worse if you're on their pre-paid network as they have a tendency to kick you off in favor of their subscribers. It all depends on what you're looking for and what you're willing to compromise on. Each offers something over the other.

Checked out the g3 today. Its nice but not something that would make me upgrade from my g2. Would like to try out the ui on my g2 though.

Verizon has the best service and coverage in my area out of all the carriers. But I have my OPO on T-mobile and so far the service and speeds have been pretty good. But it does lose service in alot of Areas that my Note 2 on Verizon has 4GLTE in. And when it does lose service, it LOSES service in a major way. But you could probably say that about any carrier really. None of them are gonna give you 100% of everything that you want. Verizon has great coverage and service, but crappy phone selection and data plans. Sprint has nice phone selection and great plans, but crappy coverage. T-mobile has great and affordable plans, but they don't have enough coverage and service. AT&T has decent plans and phones, but the service is also spotty and it's worse if you're on their pre-paid network as they have a tendency to kick you off in favor of their subscribers. It all depends on what you're looking for and what you're willing to compromise on. Each offers something over the other.
nawbro...

I'm not comparing services.

I'm good with what I have...

But I'm comparing my nexus 5 w/ T-Mobile...

To... Let's say... A g3 straight from T-Mobile...

nawbro...

Ahh, okay. Sounds like you need one of those benchmark test comparisons.

Last edited:
nawbro...

That's what I was saying before.

I had a N5 on T-Mobile for a week, service was spotty couldn't make/receive calls in my basement. Switched to a G2 my coverage has been drastically better, like I switched to a whole different service provider.

[COLOR=#red]I travel too much for T-Mobile. It sucks in to0 many places. I left Verizon for T-Mob and did the Lebron and came right back to Verizon. What made me a believer was when I was at Grand Cayman Island and my Verizon was working albeit at a higher rate :lol: Even in the mountains of Montana this summer Verizon was still working. When you are getting your grown man business on you need a phone that works in as many places as possible.

Who said Verizon has crappy phones? They have every phone every other carrier has for the most part. Where are people getting their information from? :rofl: [/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]I travel too much for T-Mobile. It sucks in to0 many places. I left Verizon for T-Mob and did the Lebron and came right back to Verizon. What made me a believer was when I was at Grand Cayman Island and my Verizon was working albeit at a higher rate :lol: Even in the mountains of Montana this summer Verizon was still working.

Who said Verizon has crappy phones? They have every phone every other carrier has for the most part. Where are people getting their information from? :rofl: [/COLOR]

Verizon has he same phones, people just like to talk outta they ***.

I'll be the first to acknowledge Verizon has better service....I just REFUSE to pay their prices when 99% of the time I'm in a metro area....plus I think Verizon is owned by the devil, but that's just me :lol:

That's what I was saying before.

I had a N5 on T-Mobile for a week, service was spotty couldn't make/receive calls in my basement. Switched to a G2 my coverage has been drastically better, like I switched to a whole different service provider.
yeah... You got it right famb. I was talking to the other dude. :lol:

Verizon has he same phones, people just like to talk outta they ***.

I'll be the first to acknowledge Verizon has better service....I just REFUSE to pay their prices when 99% of the time I'm in a metro area....plus I think Verizon is owned by the devil, but that's just me :lol:

I will never give my money to Verizon.

I'm going to ask again ...

Anyone know of a good app that boost your music via regular speaker, headphones, and/or Bluetooth?

I switch to Liquid Smooth and the sound is very low!

I'm going to ask again ...

Anyone know of a good app that boost your music via regular speaker, headphones, and/or Bluetooth?

I switch to Liquid Smooth and the sound is very low!

No sir. Was lookin for an app like that not too long ago and couldn't find anything.

I'm still using an older LG phone but keep hearing good things about this g3

Can somebody convince me that this is better than an S5 before I hit up T-Mobile this week?

Honestly when it comes down to it both phones are great. I went with the G3 after a lot of research and time playing around with my buddies S5.

Good luck with your decision.

I'm gonna have to check out this G3 in person tomorrow. Yall got it hyped :lol:
It's alright.

I've had the cocaine version for a week now. It's a solid phone, just not sure what makes it more amazing than the other top of the line phones.

Screen
Camera

... and that's all I can think of, but if that's what your looking phone, get it. I think it just lacks a complete package, which is why the M8 is probably the best smartphone right now, period. I know it has flaws, but check tech sites, it keeps getting awarded as the best right now,.

Example: http://www.androidcentral.com/best-android-phones

Last edited:
It's alright.

I've had the cocaine version for a week now. It's a solid phone, just not sure what makes it more amazing than the other top of the line phones.

Screen
Camera

... and that's all I can think of, but if that's what your looking phone, get it. I think it just lacks a complete package, which is why the M8 is probably the best smartphone right now, period. I know it has flaws, but check tech sites, it keeps getting awarded as the best right now,.

Example: http://www.androidcentral.com/best-android-phones

I summed this up for peeps 3.5 months ago. They wasnt tryna hear it tho hah

They missed the two key elements too. Twice as fast touch response and much longer screen time during video playback as G3 and S5. Despite a smaller battery and despite the s5 amoled screen which is supposed to be the best in regaurd to conserving power. Why is that? Better optimization of the UI. More attention to detail. Now lets see if this second one will have a battery that doeant spontaneously go haywire after 4 months :x. I looked at the G3 but imma wait to christmas n the next cycle.

Last edited:
I summed this up for peeps 3.5 months ago. They wasnt tryna hear it tho hah

They missed the two key elements too. Twice as fast touch response and much longer screen time during video playback as G3 and S5. Despite a smaller battery and despite the s5 amoled screen which is supposed to be the best in regaurd to conserving power. Why is that? Better optimization of the UI. More attention to detail. Now lets see if this second one will have a battery that doeant spontaneously go haywire after 4 months :x. I looked at the G3 but imma wait to christmas n the next cycle.

...And that's why I won't get one :lol: everybody I've known that's had a HTC phone, all the way back to the G1, has had this problem. One day the battery just randomly goes to ****.

We shall see. I do remember wayy back when the htc incredibles had turrrrible charging ports. As soon as it act up again im gone haha but it was litterally perfect untill that point. Flawless execution. Even when getting the replacement and reinstalling all my apps my mind was blown again. At least 50 apps completely installed and running like butter in 15 min while still browsing and texting and mock drafting

Back
Top Bottom