• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You had 1 job!!!! 
mean.gif

[h1]The OnePlus One was delayed in one market for the worst possible reason[/h1]
oneplus-one-official-image-9.jpg

By  Chris Smith  on Jun 19, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Email  @chris_writes

•  being halted at customs – and it’s apparently a rather silly error. This new delay follows another recent issue, when OnePlus was forced to delay shipments in order to address a critical software issue.

OnePlus apparently decided to “never settle” on on the design of the regulatory icons on the back of the handset, thus changing the CE icon in the process. Unsurprisingly, EU customs decided not to allow the shipment to go through.

“The issue stems from our vision for the design of the OnePlus One,” the company wrote in an email to a buyer. “For the back cover, we wanted the regulatory icons and text to be in harmony with each other and appear be as minimalistic as possible. In order to achieve this, we modified the CE icon to match the other icons. This was deemed unacceptable and our shipment was returned.”

This incident will delay the shipment of the One for two weeks, but OnePlus will give buyers a complimentary cover and screen protector when they’ll become available later this month.

The full email explaining the embarrassing situation follows below.
    Hi,
    Thank you for ordering from oneplus.net. Unfortunately due to an issue with customs in Europe, one of our shipments has been delayed on its way to the warehouse. Your order was among the affected.

The issue stems from our vision for the design of the OnePlus One. For the back cover, we wanted the regulatory icons and text to be in harmony with each other and appear be as minimalistic as possible. In order to achieve this, we modified the CE icon to match the other icons. This was deemed unacceptable and our shipment was returned.

You placed an order that was planned to be shipped last week. Due to unforeseen issues with our product design, we need two more weeks until we can ship. Please accept from us a complimentary cover and screen protector (when they become available later this month) as a token of good faith. You may also cancel your order and receive a full refund.

We sincerely apologize on behalf of the entire OnePlus Team for causing you such inconvenience, and hope you forgive us for making such mistakes in the course of our growth.

Best regards
    Share on Twitter
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Google 
  • Share on LinkedIn

The highly coveted OnePlus One  Android handset is yet to reach buyers in Europe,Android World  reveals, as the company apparently acknowledged a critical design error that lead to its One stock

My buddy got his oneplus one today and I must say the phone is awesome. The screen is amazing and it's snappy as hell. I'm jealous

one thing i recently noticed about the LG G3 that kind of bugs me is that the headphone jack is located at the bottom 

where dey do dat at doe?

seriously, that's kinda dumb

Anyone ever have issues with Bam_Dmux_Wakelock? I've done all the Googling in the world and even dropped custom roms and went back to stock rom and its still happening. People claim its from Google sync, but I turned syncing off and it still happened and ate away at my battery.

Double tap to wake is acting up on my g2 :smh:
No problem with double tap to sleep though

Even folks with "unlimited" data get throttled. It is huge news, because this will almost certainly lead to other deals like it. Imagine if YouTube, Google Music, Pandora, Netflix, and Hulu didn't count towards your data. A lot of people wouldn't need unlimited data plans anymore.

Don't be a jackass.
we don't get throttle ... Update your facts.

I understand what you are saying ... But think about for $240 dollars more a year you wouldn't have to worry about how much data you are using ...

I rather go about it worry free ...

we don't get throttle ... Update your facts.

I understand what you are saying ... But think about for $240 dollars more a year you wouldn't have to worry about how much data you are using ...

I rather go about it worry free ...

It depends on your plan. We've already established that some folks (like me) are still on grandfathered plans (word to my discount) and have the potential to be throttled.

I get that you prioritize your unlimited data and don't mind paying the extra $240+tax, but for some people its not that important. I'd gladly save $250+/year if my data usage was under that threshold.

It depends on your plan. We've already established that some folks (like me) are still on grandfathered plans (word to my discount) and have the potential to be throttled.

I get that you prioritize your unlimited data and don't mind paying the extra $240+tax, but for some people its not that important. I'd gladly save $250+/year if my data usage was under that threshold.
I understand your point man .. Don't mind me ... I'm the one to go into 7 11 daily and get a small slurpee and taco and cheese $2.76 x 365 = $1007.40 ... So yeah ...

Back
Top Bottom