• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just got the HTC One today. I've been switching between the Lumia 920 and the iPhone 5. This thing is gorgeous. It's light but still feel substantial. I love it so far. The blink feed is kind of annoying and in need of more contributors.

I saw the $9.99 Note 2 refurb someone posted on here and upgraded one of our lines. I look forward to playing with both.

seems like sprint the only carrier getting it right with these spring android releases.  tmobile need to get it together 
mean.gif

It's no biggie throw the micro sd in it at least you have the option.

[COLOR=#red]True story...I remember when I was "stuntin" with my Palm Treo 650 (2005) and I had to go to the AT&T store for some reason I forgot...ANYWAY I was telling the rep that you could put pr0n on the Treo and for some reason this dude didn't believe me. So I showed him a scene with Nautica Binx and dude was like "WOW how you do that homie?" I was like all you do is drag and drop pr0n scenes from your comp onto the SD card then put it in your Treo then go to the movie player. Of course these days that's common knowledge, but back in the infancy of smartphones that was avant garde. Portable p0rn FTW!!![/COLOR]

Last edited:
damn i remember my dad buying da treo for 600 i was mad jelly cuz i was using a samsung upstage. remember that 2 sided phone? thats what i was rocking :lol:

damn i remember my dad buying da treo for 600 i was mad jelly cuz i was using a samsung upstage. remember that 2 sided phone? thats what i was rocking :lol:

[COLOR=#red]My dude!!! I can't lie I had to Google it, but when I seen it I TOTALLY remember that phone...was in interesting concept....Dat build quality :lol: :smokin[/COLOR]

It's no biggie throw the micro sd in it at least you have the option.
True story...I remember when I was "stuntin" with my Palm Treo 650 (2005) and I had to go to the AT&T store for some reason I forgot...ANYWAY I was telling the rep that you could put pr0n on the Treo and for some reason this dude didn't believe me. So I showed him a scene with Nautica Binx and dude was like "WOW how you do that homie?" I was like all you do is drag and drop pr0n scenes from your comp onto the SD card then put it in your Treo then go to the movie player. Of course these days that's common knowledge, but back in the infancy of smartphones that was avant garde. Portable p0rn FTW!!!
man, the treo 650 back then >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

had scenes and music on deck 
pimp.gif

seems like sprint the only carrier getting it right with these spring android releases.  tmobile need to get it together 
mean.gif
They're too busy releasing da new godlike flagship Nokia 521
smokin.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

tmobile: brb dropping good wp to carry budget phones

tmobile: brb we got da ip5 now, everything else will get here when it gets here

Man my Treo and Pocket PC, I shut the cheating game down Freshmen year in College because nobody had phones with internet access so professors werent hip about smartphones and googling answers. :smokin

http://www.gsmarena.com/next_version_of_android_to_be_43_still_called_jelly_bean-news-5932.php

Next version of Android to be 4.3, will retain Jelly Bean name

Google I/O 2013 is less than a month away and if history is any indication, we are in for a new version of Android. But those waiting for Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie just might be in for a bit of disappointment.

According to some damning evidence from Android Police, Google is working on the next version of Android, but it's Android 4.3, not 5.0. Also, the build number is JWR23B, which suggests the update will continue to use the Jelly Bean moniker (the first letter of the build corresponds to the name of the update).

This particular update has reportedly shown up in server logs and was successfully traced back to Google employees. It has also shown up in comments in the Chromium bug tracker by a Chromium developer.

There is no evidence that suggests that Key Lime Pie won't be announced during this year's I/O but so far it hasn't shown up anywhere yet. On the other hand, 4.3 has made numerous appearances and the fact that it has a build number suggests that it is close to release. That Google would release a new version of Android this close to I/O and it not be the main highlight of the event would be strange, as would announcing two versions of Android simultaneously.

This leads us to believe that Key Lime Pie might be a bit further away than we imagined. Hopefully, it should be sometime this year, if not at this I/O.

Last edited:
arrhghhh, i wanna get the S4 on Sprint today. But not sure how reliable Sprint service (and customer service) is in LA. any NT'ers with Sprint care to chime in?

Anyone got the S4 yet? Hopefully im getting it today...
somebody posted one in the kobe thread along with some superheros.

tmobile having a preorder on monday but the retail release don't begin til 5/8 in limited stores and allegedly 5/15 for all stores

[h1]HTC exec says mixed Galaxy S4 reviews cap off ‘a great week for us’[/h1]
By  Brad Reed  on Apr 26, 2013 at 1:00 PM

bgr-htc-one-review-4.jpg

MOBILE

1:00 PM
While BGR found Samsung’s Galaxy S4 to be a top-notch smartphone, other publications have given the device decidedly mixed reviews, typified by Walt Mossberg’s criticism  of Samsung  for producing software that is “often gimmicky, duplicative of standard Android apps, or, in some cases, only intermittently functional.” There’s likely no company that is more relieved to see the Galaxy S4 getting so-so reviews than HTC, whose HTC One flagship phone has received across-the-board acclaim  but is also in danger of being outgunned bySamsung’s all-powerful hype machine.

In an interview with Business Insider, HTC North America president Mike Woodward said that the company has been following reviews of the Galaxy S4 “through the lens of the HTC One” and has been pleased that “it stands up positively” in comparison. Woodward said that the Galaxy S4 reviews had capped off “a great week for us” where the company reported “seeing brisk sales so far.”

Despite the apparent success of the HTC One, however, Woodward still wouldn’t comment on whether or not the device is coming to Verizon anytime soon.

Tags:HTCSamsungSource: Business Insider

[h2]Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Chips to Enter Mass Production This May[/h2]
by: Tim-o-tato  | posted 04.26.13 | News

While we have already seen Qualcomm’s  Snapdragon 600 processor making its way into this year’s top Android devices, we have been awaiting news on when we can start seeing the Snapdragon 800, their crème de la crème. At a media event in Beijing, the company’s senior product manager confirmed that they are to start mass production of the chip this May, but was adamant on not specifying any devices it would be seen in. 

What makes the 800 more desirable than the 600 is the Krait 400 architecture, capable of maintaining a clock speed of 2.3GHz, while also being reasonable on power consumption. It will feature the new Adreno 330 GPU, so you can bet a device running the 800 could most likely do laps around other devices on the market in terms of benchmarks.

Feel like taking any guesses as to what we might see it in?

ViaEngadget

Back
Top Bottom