Vinyl Collecting thread Vol WAX

DOOM albums are starting to re-release. Anyone here picking up anything in his catalogue?

I got Born Like This and the mouse and the mask from Fatbeats. Just need a copy of Nehruviandoom and I’ll be good on everything I want in his discography

I got Born Like This and the mouse and the mask from Fatbeats. Just need a copy of Nehruviandoom and I’ll be good on everything I want in his discography

Like you I picked up both of those albums from Fat Beats. Turntable Lab has the picture disc Nehruviandoom if you’re cool with that version.

Last 3 pick ups!!

20210506_095515.jpg
20210506_095518.jpg
20210506_095525.jpg

I need supreme clientele, but a non clean version lol
Lol bro i feel you. I nearly passed out when i seen this at the record shop and the sticker said it was clean, i was like dang but i had to cop regardless. After spinning it its not so bad. Im still gonna get the regular version eventually

Looking forward to this Saturday. Are any of you going to your local shop or are you picking up drops online?

Also, what sites do you guys frequent for information on future releases and re-issue information? I’ve made the mistake of overpaying for an LP just for it to get re-released a couple months later.

Looking forward to this Saturday. Are any of you going to your local shop or are you picking up drops online?

Also, what sites do you guys frequent for information on future releases and re-issue information? I’ve made the mistake of overpaying for an LP just for it to get re-released a couple months later.
I think Discogs is the go to site but I'm not sure if they have upcoming releases. I too would like a good site for this info.

I looked throught the RSD list for this year and nothing really interested me other than the Sublime vs. Mad Professor and Above the Rim Soundtraack.
One of my fave shops in NY appararently closed it's store front so I'll be hshooting for the Soundtrack on their site to try to support them

I'll be in line by 6 AM Saturday!

Couple recommendations I can give for upcoming news and information is try to find your local shops in your area and get on their mailing lists. Small shops typically won't send out much, but bigger/more serious shops typically have a weekly update e-mail showing what is coming out this week and next and they go more in depth with details. It's a great resource every week. You also can check out Consequence of Sound calendar

Also, one out of state shop I follow who does a great job every week on YouTube is the In Groove, check him out...he usually tells you everything there is that you need to know: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheInGroove

I think the only record I would wanna cop is 'Quiet Kenny' by Kenny Dorham . A lot of good players on that album. Kinda disappointed in this upcoming RSD drops.

I have Endless and Blond by Frank Ocean on Vinyl, are these really worth about $500 a piece on ebay?

Not a collector, but an appreciator at least. I guess I crate dig electronically. But you guys would love Berlin, occasionally you'll find some records outside a building or something. Got all these in one shot

unnamed.jpeg

Also happened in Harlem ages ago though. Some random lower level duplex that was a studio just dumped every single record they had out in the street. Was an older dude too and just had all the classics.

Back
Top Bottom