Vince Carter already hearing BOOs in Orlando Appreciation

Dude take Carter out of your mouth for a second. There wasn't a thing offensively that dude couldn't do on the court. He was the prototypical SF...Dude could get to the basket at will, but instead he spent his career lollygagging around the 3 pt line. His career is a failure, cause he never won. His best years in the elague were his first few and that was when his teams were the most successful. To me, Vince played like a guy who never really liked basketball that much, he just happened to be very good at it. I mean dude once said "Im not dunking anymore." Where they do that at? Like really, who says that. That is just saying, I dont try hard. Guys who are winners, don't go to there graduation the same day they play in an elimination game. Carter had all the ability in the world, just none of the ambition needed to achieve anything

I love when you defend a player, its automatic that your riding him...
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Classic response, never gets old...

As far as his career being a failure, see my above post... How are those achievements failures? Thats a a bad career? Having that on your resume? Ok...

Yea, he hasn't won a ring, but that doesn't mean his career is a failure.

Just because a player said he's not dunking anymore, that means all of a sudden he's not trying? LOL. How about the fact that everyone says he's a dunker & that's it so he wants to prove he's not just that. Hmmm.

Graduation... He was back in time for shootaround... He missed NOTHING that day. He was there with his team before the game, not late at all. The fact he missed one shot at the end people need to automatically tie it to something. How about the fact he just missed it? That can't be a reason? Guess not.

One last point... His 1st few years in the league were not his best. Maybe dunking wise... But with the Nets is where his all around game was shown. Including taking it to the rim.

Originally Posted by Pac10OWNsSEC

if you blame it on stan you haven't watch VC and the magic play this year

I still put that as part of the reason. They have the same system as last year, with different additions. When you have someone like VC come in, you can't run the same exact system that you had with Hedo... Things need to be different.

The Magic are a better team then they have showed... That shouldn't all be on VC. I think it falls on the coach, not all of it, but most of it.

Like I said, he's at his best when the ball is in his hands. If it was, he'd be able to create off the dribble for himself & others... Especially Dwight who isn't being used enough either.

VC isn't being used the right way in that system... Ask any Nets fan... If you use him with the ball in his hands, good things will happen for other players.

It doesn't fall all on Stan though... VC has been hurt & its showing. That's not Stans fault.

That's not saying he has to be the main guy on the team, Dwight is. BUT... He does need the ball in his hands more to create for himself & others. I just think Stan should be more versatile as a coach in that regard. Same system with different players.

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

ill give you guys sasha vujacic for VC seeing as hes worthless and y'all hate him.

And
laugh.gif
at the salty #$* Raptor fans, you SHOULD be kissing dudes #$* seeing as if he hadn't played there, you guys would have most likely been re-located just as the Vancouver Memphis Grizzlies were.

Put TO on the map with the NBA fans ACROSS the WORLD watching that 2000 dunk contest. Oh, and hmm he took you guys to the damn Eastern Conference semi-finals, lost to the eventual Eastern Conference champions(76ers) in a decisive Game 7 where VC BARELY missed a tough shot with 2 seconds left to take you guys to the ECF. Oh and he was graduating from college at UNC earlier in the day before the game. Not to mention he was the heart and soul of our United States Gold Medal team in the Olympics back in 2000.. No not only for dunking over a 7'2 defender. Check the highlights, dude was getting in scuffles on the daily, straight dunking with power and aggression every single game, dudes swag was on a hundredthousandtrillion.

sick.gif
sick.gif
at some of your basketball knowledge here on NT.. not saying ALL of you, but a majority definitely. (dont try to prove to me how your knowledge is better than mine cause I could really care less what you think)

Ill be the first to admit he kind of gave up on the Raps toward the end, but cot damn did they ever try to get him some help? They got rid of a superstar in T-Mac.. who was the 2nd go-to man on the squad? Alvin Williams? Junk-Yard Dog or whatever his name was? Charles Oakley? Keon Clark? Tracy Murray/Dell Curry(same damn player
laugh.gif
)? Mugsy? Skip?..... Come on now. You can argue that Mo-Pete and Antonio Davis were quality support back then but enough to really contend for an NBA title with Kobe and Shaq ripping the league a new one?
laugh.gif
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, let's be clear that the Vince Carters opinion played a large part in the franchises decisions, to our detriment. We resigned his buddies to large unwarranted contracts at his behest.

Stop it.

PS.

$#+# Vince Carter.

f4e3549ce5868856fb236aaa0c62c28f342cf52.jpg

"You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. Icoulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's faceit. "

sums up my feelings on VC

why exactly do some people not like him???

Dude was a human highlight reel....not much else, but still.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

it really urks me to see so many salty Raptor fans still out there. The guy was my favorite player and the manner in which he left upset me but damn, a lot of you Raptor fans out there seriously have to let it go. I guess the numerous times that he's beaten us right before the buzzer still has some of you sour.

As for Vince's play with the Magic. This really doesn't seem like a good fit for him. Well, the way the Magic play anyway. He needs the ball to be effective because he's not the type of player to catch and shoot.
thing is..no one cares what you think....vuck fince
You sound like a salty GF who got cheated on can't seem to move on. You can go ahead meaninglessly bashing a player that no longer concerns us instead of focusing your energy supporting the team. You seriously think booing a player helps us more than cheering our team on? I guess the guy hasn't owned our team enough in the final seconds of games to shut you up.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

No, Vuck Fince Farter.

Theguy signs a max-deal, basically tells the GM who he wants and who hedoesnt want...the team does poorly for 1 season and then the guy givesup on us. He signed a 6-year commitment to remain with the Raptors butwants to bail after the 2nd or 3rd year of the deal? We draft apromising big man (Bosh) who could've formed a nice duo with VC but theguy decides to come out publicly and suggest that Bosh should gettraded. Finally, rather than patiently waiting for GM to find asuitable offer, Vince just stops playing hard and tips off ouropponents about the plays we were going to run. The guy was a scum bagin his last few years as a Raptor.

Had he asked for a tradewithout making public comments about his team mates and without givingup on the team then maybe Raptor fans would've gotten over it a longtime ago.

And to be honest, the booing has a negative affect onhis performances in Toronto. He's burned us maybe 2 times but hegenerally plays very poorly at the ACC. Why not boo opposing players ifit hurts how they play?
I'm pretty sure he's killed uson more than one occasion and again, why not use that energy booing andcheer for the team instead. The booing has gotten old to the pointwhere it's annoying. That's my gripe with it. I didn't care the firstfew times he faced us but damn it's been 6 years, quit the moaning.

did not read

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

ill give you guys sasha vujacic for VC seeing as hes worthless and y'all hate him.

And
laugh.gif
at the salty #$* Raptor fans, you SHOULD be kissing dudes #$* seeing as if he hadn't played there, you guys would have most likely been re-located just as the Vancouver Memphis Grizzlies were.

Put TO on the map with the NBA fans ACROSS the WORLD watching that 2000 dunk contest. Oh, and hmm he took you guys to the damn Eastern Conference semi-finals, lost to the eventual Eastern Conference champions(76ers) in a decisive Game 7 where VC BARELY missed a tough shot with 2 seconds left to take you guys to the ECF. Oh and he was graduating from college at UNC earlier in the day before the game. Not to mention he was the heart and soul of our United States Gold Medal team in the Olympics back in 2000.. No not only for dunking over a 7'2 defender. Check the highlights, dude was getting in scuffles on the daily, straight dunking with power and aggression every single game, dudes swag was on a hundredthousandtrillion.

sick.gif
sick.gif
at some of your basketball knowledge here on NT.. not saying ALL of you, but a majority definitely. (dont try to prove to me how your knowledge is better than mine cause I could really care less what you think)

Ill be the first to admit he kind of gave up on the Raps toward the end, but cot damn did they ever try to get him some help? They got rid of a superstar in T-Mac.. who was the 2nd go-to man on the squad? Alvin Williams? Junk-Yard Dog or whatever his name was? Charles Oakley? Keon Clark? Tracy Murray/Dell Curry(same damn player
laugh.gif
)? Mugsy? Skip?..... Come on now. You can argue that Mo-Pete and Antonio Davis were quality support back then but enough to really contend for an NBA title with Kobe and Shaq ripping the league a new one?
laugh.gif
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, let's be clear that the Vince Carters opinion played a large part in the franchises decisions, to our detriment. We resigned his buddies to large unwarranted contracts at his behest.

Stop it.

PS.

$#+# Vince Carter.
milt palacio
sick.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

I still put that as part of the reason. They have the same system as last year, with different additions. When you have someone like VC come in, you can't run the same exact system that you had with Hedo... Things need to be different.

The Magic are a better team then they have showed... That shouldn't all be on VC. I think it falls on the coach, not all of it, but most of it.

Like I said, he's at his best when the ball is in his hands. If it was, he'd be able to create off the dribble for himself & others... Especially Dwight who isn't being used enough either.

VC isn't being used the right way in that system... Ask any Nets fan... If you use him with the ball in his hands, good things will happen for other players.

It doesn't fall all on Stan though... VC has been hurt & its showing. That's not Stans fault.

That's not saying he has to be the main guy on the team, Dwight is. BUT... He does need the ball in his hands more to create for himself & others. I just think Stan should be more versatile as a coach in that regard. Same system with different players.

again you ant watch the magic play

VC gets the ball and does NOTHING with it

its either drive a little then shoot that fade away jump shot he loves to do or chuck up some crap from outside

he should be drive and kicking to shooters but he is NOT and he should be playing inside out with D12 but he is not

he should be playing the Hedo role on this team but he is a blackhole on offense

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

again you ant watch the magic play

VC gets the ball and does NOTHING with it

its either drive a little then shoot that fade away jump shot he loves to do or chuck up some crap from outside

he should be drive and kicking to shooters but he is NOT and he should be playing inside out with D12 but he is not

he should be playing the Hedo role on this team but he is a blackhole on offense

This is where the coach should be drawing up more plays for him to be doing this. This is the way the whole offense should be ran. He created for others all the time here in Jersey. If he was able to do that with Brook, Devin, Hayes, & Yi. I think he would be able to do it with Dwight, Lewis, & Jameer.

The ball goes in his hands to score on the spot, plays aren't run through him. There is a big difference. The ball should be in his hands more to not just score, but to make plays for everyone. The ball goes in his hands with the intent of only scoring. I see it game after game.

& I do/have been watching the Magic this year, & it's clear every game that Stan should be running the offense differently to get the best play out of VC & the team. But, he won't... & its going to fall on VC. The fact Stan isn't versatile in changing his offense up with new players will end up hurting the team.

Again, though, not all on Stan, VC's injuries have played a role why he can't do this every play.

But JB you're basing this off of a few televised games you saw against Magic fans who has been watching VC all season. From all the games I saw VC has done nothing with the ball in his hand

And
laugh.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Stop it.

PS.

$#+# Vince Carter.
C'mon dude, its obvious you're salty, dudes the best thing to ever happen to your city(or is it Drake?.. or maybe its that fake *#% beach y'all got.. either way its wack
laugh.gif
). You better be thanking him your city still has a NBA franchise. Were you even really watching basketball back then? Anyone in their right mind knows Vince Carter single-handedly saved your franchise, and if you don't believe that then you are simply in denial, and salty that VC did not want to play for a losing franchise his whole career. You should also be thanking him for giving up on y'all that last season in order to get Bosh
laugh.gif
. Hell, now that I think of it, I'd hate to play in Toronto as well being as good as he was with GARBAGE talent around him. Who started those years? Davis, Oakley, VC, Dell Curry, Alvin Williams?
roll.gif
roll.gif

VC is one hell of a player, one of my favourites. However his not putting up all star numbers at Magic, which is the reason why Magic signed

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Originally Posted by Big J 33

People love VC, the hell are you talking about.

He's been injured and has been playing poorly, so Orlando fans have the right to be upset.

People love VC? If you know him, they don't. They dont like him in Toronto, The only vince defenders last year were Nets fans, and that's because they had to like him.

As B. Simmons says.. he's one of those guys that make you wonder why anyone would care about Pro sports as much.
Toronto dont like him NOW, cause he did them dirty, but cmon noone likes VC?? Toronto couldnt have been MORE on his nuts during the beginning of the century he led the ASG voting like 4 consecutive yeas by a LANDSLIDE.

And
laugh.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Stop it.

PS.

$#+# Vince Carter.
C'mon dude, its obvious you're salty, dudes the best thing to ever happen to your city(or is it Drake?.. or maybe its that fake *#% beach y'all got.. either way its wack
laugh.gif
). You better be thanking him your city still has a NBA franchise. Were you even really watching basketball back then? Anyone in their right mind knows Vince Carter single-handedly saved your franchise, and if you don't believe that then you are simply in denial, and salty that VC did not want to play for a losing franchise his whole career. You should also be thanking him for giving up on y'all that last season in order to get Bosh
laugh.gif
. Hell, now that I think of it, I'd hate to play in Toronto as well being as good as he was with GARBAGE talent around him. Who started those years? Davis, Oakley, VC, Dell Curry, Alvin Williams?
roll.gif
roll.gif
I came in here somewhat in defense of Vince but damn, you're pushing it. You're clearly talking out of your "rear hole." You don't seem to know squat about the city of Toronto nor the Raptors organization. The Toronto Raptors never had to be saved. We have one the most dedicated fans in the league. Win or lose, people show up to the Air Canada Center. Yes Vince did put the team on the map but if it wasn't him, then someone else would have done it. Sure Vince didn't have any superstars to play along side of but the team was filled with pretty good role players. Bash that team all you want but I'm willing to bet that you didn't watch any of those games. Plus none of those guys gave up on the team like Vince did. All that talent is worthless if you don't have the heart to use it.

Oh and you clearly have not been to Toronto. You sound like one of those ignorant Canada-bashers who continuosly spit out garbage about the country without having even been there.

And
laugh.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Alright I feel like I may have spent a little too much time on this one, but I simply cannot stand clicking on ANY post here and its just filled with people who are dead serious, but have no idea what they're talking about

Toronto is the 4th biggest city in the NBA behind only NYC, Chicago and LA.

There was nothing to be saved. The city has 5 million people, you think it's hard to get 20,000 butts to sit in the ACC?

Toronto fans loved basketball from day 1. They even sold out the 55,000 seat Skydome to watch a bunch of bums and Damon Stoudemire play before the ACC was built.

Vince didn't save anything. He brought more American exposure to the Raptors but Toronto fans cared about this team long before he came and still care long after he's left.

Even in the 2 years after Vince left when this team was dreadful, they were still averaging 16-17k fans a night.

The Grizzlies situation is nothing like the Raptors one. Unlike the Grizz, the Raptors have had STABLE OWNERSHIP since day 1.

You clearly have no idea what your talking about. The team desperately wanted to resign T-Mac but he didnt want to play 2nd fiddle to his cousin so we had to sign-and-trade him. The guys you list as being a crappy supporting cast are the players that Vince lobbied for the franchise to resign. He also lobbied the team to bring in a 38-year-old Hakeem Olajuwon and his contract counted against our cap room for 2 years while he was at home retired
smh.gif

laugh.gif
@ the thought that Vince put "TO on the map" because fans from around the world watched the Dunk-Off. Toronto is the 4th biggest city in the league and 5th biggest city in the CONTINENT. You think 1 man put this city on the map?

Raptor fans loved Vince until he gave up on the team. Period. I guess its too much to ask of a player to give 100% effort while the franchise is paying you close to $20 mill/yr and most of the players on the team are the guys that you wanted to stick around.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and for those who dont know what happened...

-carter slaps peterson
-peterson slaps him back
-refs catch peterson only and ejects him

roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom