Vince Carter already hearing BOOs in Orlando Appreciation

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

it really urks me to see so many salty Raptor fans still out there. The guy was my favorite player and the manner in which he left upset me but damn, a lot of you Raptor fans out there seriously have to let it go. I guess the numerous times that he's beaten us right before the buzzer still has some of you sour.

As for Vince's play with the Magic. This really doesn't seem like a good fit for him. Well, the way the Magic play anyway. He needs the ball to be effective because he's not the type of player to catch and shoot.
thing is..no one cares what you think....vuck fince

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

it really urks me to see so many salty Raptor fans still out there. The guy was my favorite player and the manner in which he left upset me but damn, a lot of you Raptor fans out there seriously have to let it go. I guess the numerous times that he's beaten us right before the buzzer still has some of you sour.

As for Vince's play with the Magic. This really doesn't seem like a good fit for him. Well, the way the Magic play anyway. He needs the ball to be effective because he's not the type of player to catch and shoot.
No, Vuck Fince Farter.

The guy signs a max-deal, basically tells the GM who he wants and who he doesnt want...the team does poorly for 1 season and then the guy gives up on us. He signed a 6-year commitment to remain with the Raptors but wants to bail after the 2nd or 3rd year of the deal? We draft a promising big man (Bosh) who could've formed a nice duo with VC but the guy decides to come out publicly and suggest that Bosh should get traded. Finally, rather than patiently waiting for GM to find a suitable offer, Vince just stops playing hard and tips off our opponents about the plays we were going to run. The guy was a scum bag in his last few years as a Raptor.

Had he asked for a trade without making public comments about his team mates and without giving up on the team then maybe Raptor fans would've gotten over it a long time ago.

And to be honest, the booing has a negative affect on his performances in Toronto. He's burned us maybe 2 times but he generally plays very poorly at the ACC. Why not boo opposing players if it hurts how they play?

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Until he gets a heart transplant, he gets a thumbs down from me.
this.

his last couple years in toronto made me not like this guy...you get paid millions to play and not give up on your team

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

You sound like a salty GF who got cheated on can't seem to move on. You can go ahead meaninglessly bashing a player that no longer concerns us instead of focusing your energy supporting the team. You seriously think booing a player helps us more than cheering our team on? I guess the guy hasn't owned our team enough in the final seconds of games to shut you up.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

No, Vuck Fince Farter.

Theguy signs a max-deal, basically tells the GM who he wants and who hedoesnt want...the team does poorly for 1 season and then the guy givesup on us. He signed a 6-year commitment to remain with the Raptors butwants to bail after the 2nd or 3rd year of the deal? We draft apromising big man (Bosh) who could've formed a nice duo with VC but theguy decides to come out publicly and suggest that Bosh should gettraded. Finally, rather than patiently waiting for GM to find asuitable offer, Vince just stops playing hard and tips off ouropponents about the plays we were going to run. The guy was a scum bagin his last few years as a Raptor.

Had he asked for a tradewithout making public comments about his team mates and without givingup on the team then maybe Raptor fans would've gotten over it a longtime ago.

And to be honest, the booing has a negative affect onhis performances in Toronto. He's burned us maybe 2 times but hegenerally plays very poorly at the ACC. Why not boo opposing players ifit hurts how they play?
I'm pretty sure he's killed uson more than one occasion and again, why not use that energy booing andcheer for the team instead. The booing has gotten old to the pointwhere it's annoying. That's my gripe with it. I didn't care the firstfew times he faced us but damn it's been 6 years, quit the moaning.

i agree, i'm a rap fan and still burned by a bit by that lazy sack but if i was at the ACC no way i would be wasting energy to show how salty i am.

I think the point of this thread was just a light chuckle for some of us bitter rap fans, finally seeing some justice, or perhaps being able to now say to other teams "told ya so"

that being said he is also responsible for some of the best raptors highlights and took us to the playoffs yada yada yada

Vince used to be my fav player & will ALWAYS be appeciated as a Net, but between last year & this season's play, I'm not sure if he's finished or just needs to be in the right situation to shine

Vince..
pimp.gif

He'll hit the game winner in the ECF w/ T-Mac on the assist.

*wakes up*

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

They should be boo'ing their coach. How can this team expect him to play affectivly when they aren'nt using him the right way in their sytem? Vince is a player that needs the ball in his hands to make plays for himself & others. Right now, they basically have it where it is catch & shoot... That's not his game. If the ball is in his hands he will guranteed be a better player on offense (which has been shown in the past) & he will make plays for other players, most importantly dwight. Hes shown this with lopez last season. VC & hedo are two different players, when bringing in another player who can have a bigger impact on your chances of winning, you should consider changing the system a little. Van Gundy is clueless as to how to do that & it falls on him.
No hate JB but did you see last nights game?  He turned the ball over when it mattered most, how can you blame Stan ?  He wants Vince to attack and have the ball and create but injuries catching up to him and he's getting pretty old. 

A-Bronx-Tale-robert-de-niro-6708676-640-384.jpg

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

NoddNobody from this generation of players exemplifies that quote more.  Dude really could have been one of the all time greats but he never +%++%*% cared.  Him and McGrady are definitly the biggest underachievers but I think McGrady catches a bad rap.  McGrady basically always tried when he was on the court, Vince really just didn't give a #+!!.  He will be rememberd for the Weis dunk and that's a damn shame

ill give you guys sasha vujacic for VC seeing as hes worthless and y'all hate him.

And
laugh.gif
at the salty #$* Raptor fans, you SHOULD be kissing dudes #$* seeing as if he hadn't played there, you guys would have most likely been re-located just as the Vancouver Memphis Grizzlies were.

Put TO on the map with the NBA fans ACROSS the WORLD watching that 2000 dunk contest. Oh, and hmm he took you guys to the damn Eastern Conference semi-finals, lost to the eventual Eastern Conference champions(76ers) in a decisive Game 7 where VC BARELY missed a tough shot with 2 seconds left to take you guys to the ECF. Oh and he was graduating from college at UNC earlier in the day before the game. Not to mention he was the heart and soul of our United States Gold Medal team in the Olympics back in 2000.. No not only for dunking over a 7'2 defender. Check the highlights, dude was getting in scuffles on the daily, straight dunking with power and aggression every single game, dudes swag was on a hundredthousandtrillion.

sick.gif
sick.gif
at some of your basketball knowledge here on NT.. not saying ALL of you, but a majority definitely. (dont try to prove to me how your knowledge is better than mine cause I could really care less what you think)

Ill be the first to admit he kind of gave up on the Raps toward the end, but cot damn did they ever try to get him some help? They got rid of a superstar in T-Mac.. who was the 2nd go-to man on the squad? Alvin Williams? Junk-Yard Dog or whatever his name was? Charles Oakley? Keon Clark? Tracy Murray/Dell Curry(same damn player
laugh.gif
)? Mugsy? Skip?..... Come on now. You can argue that Mo-Pete and Antonio Davis were quality support back then but enough to really contend for an NBA title with Kobe and Shaq ripping the league a new one?
laugh.gif

Alright I feel like I may have spent a little too much time on this one, but I simply cannot stand clicking on ANY post here and its just filled with people who are dead serious, but have no idea what they're talking about.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

http://images2.fanpop.com...niro-6708676-640-384.jpg src="http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6700000/A-Bronx-Tale-robert-de-niro-6708676-640-384.jpg">

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

NoddNobody from this generation of players exemplifies that quote more.  Dude really could have been one of the all time greats but he never +%++%*% cared.  Him and McGrady are definitly the biggest underachievers but I think McGrady catches a bad rap.  McGrady basically always tried when he was on the court, Vince really just didn't give a #+!!.  He will be rememberd for the Weis dunk and that's a damn shame

Preach!

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

magic should've kept turkoglu

What this man said.

not for the money that toronto gave him...hedo was trying to get paid and we already have an OD contract with shard...please ask a toronto fan if they're happy with that signing

How is he "wasted talent" ?

23, 5, 4 for a career is wasted talent?

Gold medal, one of the best dunkers of all time, various game winners, 8 time all star, 2 time all nba, & ROY is wasted talent?

I don't know why everyone always says "If VC did this he'd be great" or "If he did this he'd be better than he is". This has been said about him for YEARS. Why can't everyone realize this (meaning how he plays) is his game?

Hes taken it to the basket many of times throughout his career, hence why he was in the tops in free throw attempts every year.

You guys have to understand, with age, players are going to fade from the basket. Kobe has done it & so has MJ... & so has almost every other aging SG.

When he was younger he took it to the rim all the time... Hence, why you saw his highlight dunks.

Take his play for what it is... & if you consider it "wasted talent" I don't know what else to say... *Shrugs

Back
Top Bottom