Video Game Dudes: Did Yall Have A Neo-Geo Dude In Your Neighborhood?

My Saturn came with Daytona USA, Virtua Cop, and Virtua Fighter 2.

yes :pimp: I loved my saturn. I remember I had this crow game that I swear nobody I mean nobody can beat the first level lol. Again nobody remembers sega channel? Or was this some regional thing as a kid?

Anyone ever get on that toxic crusaders steez?
man i traded some game i 4get for that mess... my boy was hyping it up so we did the swap it out.... i was str8 up pissed when i start playing it...then when i wanted to swap back my boy was gone on a family vaca four about 2 weeks

Seriously, what the hell was SNK thinking trying to sell a system for $700??

I'd say because it could duplicate arcade graphics which wasn't even fathomable for a home console during that era.

Never knew anyone that had a geo

3d0 got demoed at the store at thas about it

my dude just wanted to fit in |I

:lol:

I remember being lied to about "Nudalities" in Mortal Kombat 3. Some dude at recess actually had me believing that there was a button Combo that would make Kitana take her clothes off and would cause the opponent to have their eyes pop out and them explode out of sheer hornyness.

To be young, dumb, and horny. I miss those days

BRAH!!! What about that myth that there was something u could do on the bridge stage of MK 1 to make smoke or someone appear??

Now they pretty much replaced all that with dlc's

Dat observation....

:smh

same with killer instinct but it was still pretty damn good for what it was. and the drop off for most ppl werent warrant paying 3 4 times the price.. Which reminds me of that one game in the arcade that was sorta like mk it was called something killers... i remember one dude having a chainsaw and could cut ppl arms off... it had graphics and side scrolling like streetfighter but was bloody and more gory then mk...

I remember time killer but perhaps ur thinking of 3do's way of the warrior by naughty dog?

I remember the circuit city in Somerville MA had 3do' and cd-i runnin that zelda game and Dragons Lair.

That graphics had my jaw dropped way back then.

The last time I was ever floored like that over a video game outside my home was when the Burlington mall was runnin super mario (or was it SM 2?)on the NES.....IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MALL!!!!!

80s & 90s. Nothin else like it.....

Last edited:
There was kid named Shawn that always lied and would talk about the games he had.

I remember once me and my friends were talking about Sonic The Head Chog 2 and he tried to join the conversation. I started asking him questions about the game and he would answer them all with a "yes".

Then I asked him if he saved the princess at the end and when he said that he did I busted him out and said "THERE IS NO PRINCESS IN THE GAME YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE IT".

I feel bad about it now because he was very poor.
hahahahahahhaha

These joints are still going for $300+ on eBay. I want one to play KOF 95 the way its supposed to be played
MAME

Had a game gear and someone down the street had a neo geo, it had very limited games and from what I remember games were like $100 a pop

Yeah, there was that neo geo kid at my elemetary school too. He claimed to have all the systems and games. He also claimed that his dad and him built a helicoptor which they used to pick handicapped people up around the neighborhood. Random - He ended up being a male cheerleader in highschool.

Like some in here I had many systems growing up, but never the Neo Geo or knew anyone who had one. Two systems I never played or saw either were the Turbo Graphics 16 and the 3DO.

Yeah, there was that neo geo kid at my elemetary school too. He claimed to have all the systems and games. He also claimed that his dad and him built a helicoptor which they used to pick handicapped people up around the neighborhood. Random - He ended up being a male cheerleader in highschool.

Real ****. The ***** even said it had a retracting grappling hook like one of those arcade claw machines, so the helicopter didn't even have to touch down to pick ****** up. I entertained the ***** because he brought in fruit snacks and **** everyday. :lol:

BRAH!!! What about that myth that there was something u could do on the bridge stage of MK 1 to make smoke or someone appear??

It wasn't a myth.

In MK 1 there is an Easter egg that lets you fight Reptile in the spike pit underneath the bridge.

e4d6074bbac75c99c9e5a605b5ade849b6223730.jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

Reptile wasn't a playable character in the console port of Mortal Kombat, unlocking the battle with him was the only way to fight in the spike pit arena.

To do so, fight an opponent (in single-player mode) on the bridge arena, and be sure to get two flawless victories back to back.

Unleashing a Fatality in the second round means your next fight will be with Reptile in the spike pit.

Last edited:
It wasn't a myth.

In MK 1 there is an Easter egg that lets you fight Reptile in the spike pit underneath the bridge.

e4d6074bbac75c99c9e5a605b5ade849b6223730.jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

Reptile wasn't a playable character in the console port of Mortal Kombat, unlocking the battle with him was the only way to fight in the spike pit arena.

To do so, fight an opponent (in single-player mode) on the bridge arena, and be sure to get two flawless victories back to back.

Unleashing a Fatality in the second round means your next fight will be with Reptile in the spike pit.
yea the other rumor was about noob saibot.... i think midway heard of the rumors and then decided to add him in later games

I don't remember 3dO too much. I remember it having that outrageous price tag and realizing I'd never be able to afford it, so I never really wanted it. None of the games drew me in either. I knew NO ONE with a Neo-Geo. Actually thought it was just an import type of thing back then.

I did play a good amount of Philips CD-i though. My uncle worked for them at the time and got one for free. He never had any good games though, his kids were young at the time.

I remember getting the Genesis that came with Sonic and I got a coupon for a Free Sonic 2 mailaway in the box. I thought I hit the lottery. :lol: Probably took 3 months easily to get the damn thing like most mail orders but it was a good time when companies actually did little perks for customers like that.

Never fell for Sega CD though. I thought it looked like crap and was a gimmick immediately. I just remember thinking like, "if this is on CD now, why the hell do we still got 16 bit graphics and crap video?" Same with 32x.

Man did Sega do some BONE HEAD moves when they had a strong grip on the market. Dreamcast never had a chance, they already lost their swag.

That MAME system looks dope. Maybe next years tax return lol.

Last edited:
I don't remember 3dO too much. I remember it having that outrageous price tag and realizing I'd never be able to afford it, so I never really wanted it. None of the games drew me in either. I knew NO ONE with a Neo-Geo. Actually thought it was just an import type of thing back then.

I did play a good amount of Philips CD-i though. My uncle worked for them at the time and got one for free. He never had any good games though, his kids were young at the time.

I remember getting the Genesis that came with Sonic and I got a coupon for a Free Sonic 2 mailaway in the box. I thought I hit the lottery.
laugh.gif
Probably took 3 months easily to get the damn thing like most mail orders but it was a good time when companies actually did little perks for customers like that.

Never fell for Sega CD though. I thought it looked like crap and was a gimmick immediately. I just remember thinking like, "if this is on CD now, why the hell do we still got 16 bit graphics and crap video?" Same with 32x.

Man did Sega do some BONE HEAD moves when they had a strong grip on the market. Dreamcast never had a chance, they already lost their swag.

That MAME system looks dope. Maybe next years tax return lol.
i think the biggest hit 3D0 had was primal rage, wolfenstein, the first need for speed and most of the ea games ala madden, pga golf, fifa and i wanna say fatal fury, shamuri showdown other then that it had like some in housee games that kinda sucked or games that for some odd reason werent popular at the time, yet became big hits for ps1

i think the biggest hit 3D0 had was primal rage, wolfenstein, the first need for speed and most of the ea games ala madden, pga golf, fifa and i wanna say fatal fury, shamuri showdown other then that it had like some in housee games that kinda sucked or games that for some odd reason werent popular at the time, yet became big hits for ps1

Yeah I think thats why I wasn't balled over by it. I already had wolfenstein on my pc, primal rage was on every platform as well as the other titles.

You need a slew of great exclusives for people to switch and a lot of those consoles just didn't have them.

Back
Top Bottom