Vid : Beckham vs Fans

Punnnnnnnnnnnnnk
laugh.gif

why he tempt the fan knowing damn well security and bodyguards would maul that dude and all he has to do is pretend to look tough. What a douche.

i'm coo with being drunk, i'm coo with drunk people

but when people act belligerent...thats a whole different story

can't stand annoying fans...

Originally Posted by Be23ForLife

i'm coo with being drunk, i'm coo with drunk people

but when people act belligerent...thats a whole different story

can't stand annoying fans...
same here. Also Becks didn't start it, the guy said some stuff that went over the line and he told him to simmer down and come up and shakehis hand. Maybe the fan was jumping the fence to go shake his hand lol

Originally Posted by vcshoxj6

why he tempt the fan knowing damn well security and bodyguards would maul that dude and all he has to do is pretend to look tough. What a douche.

Thats cool and all but youre out of your mind if you dont think Becks would give that fan the BUSINESS in a fight.

Originally Posted by D723

Thats cool and all but youre out of your mind if you dont think Becks would give that fan the BUSINESS in a fight.
laugh.gif
ain't beckham the same dude who got beat up by his coach in the locker room when he was playing for Man U?

I'd put the money on the fan in this one....

The IRONY of the fan's comments at the end
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Smh @ fans thinking they are beyond reproach just because they bought a ticket...

cant the same thing be said for the fan?

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

laugh.gif
ain't beckham the same dude who got beat up by his coach in the locker room when he was playing for Man U?

not true.

ferguson got pissed off after a loss, kicked a boot (cleat), and it happened to fly into beckham's forehead.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

beckham> LA galaxy fans
took the words right out of my mouth. the joke is on the galaxy fans. lame excuse of a football club.

Originally Posted by Jehul

The IRONY of the fan's comments at the end
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Smh @ fans thinking they are beyond reproach just because they bought a ticket...
cosign

For what its worth i was at the game and sitting near the Riot Squad section. Beckham absolutely went over to the fans with the intent of instigating sometype of violence. He was NOT trying to shake anybody's hand. He was extremely upset and visibly screaming at the fans. The fan acted like a total idiotbut don't be fooled by the story being broadcast by Becks' handlers.

Originally Posted by zizou

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

laugh.gif

not true.

ferguson got pissed off after a loss, kicked a boot (cleat), and it happened to fly into beckham's forehead.
eyes.gif

sounds like a battered wife excuse...no no he didnt hit me I ran into a door

i'm just saying.

even ferguson has gone record saying it was a freak accident.

i'm not denying that there was already a rift between the two, and if anything, that pretty much sealed his exit. that and his starting on the benchagainst madrid.

I still don't understand why he even came to the MLS. I know money talks but if I still had the oppertunity to play for a top european club team why onearth would I choose to play for a joke of a league.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I still don't understand why he even came to the MLS. I know money talks but if I still had the oppertunity to play for a top european club team why on earth would I choose to play for a joke of a league.

you have to understand the situation he was in.

i think looking back at the last 2 years, he regrets it.

after the 2006 world cup, england had a new manager, steve mclaren. he (mcclaren) wanted to stamp his authority on the squad by dropping beckham out of theengland team. one of the criticisms of mclaren's predecssor, sven eriksson, was that he had his favorites (which included beckham) and played them nomatter what fitness or form they were in.

so beckham gets dropped from the england squad. his contract was up at real madrid after the 06-07 season, and his sides and madrid weren't agreeing on arenewal. he was also enduring a rough season, where he got benched for another player (jose antonio reyes), and he was no longer an automatic starter for realmadrid.

so if madrid weren't willing to renew his contract, he was in a jam. eventually, it was known that milan wanted to sign him. but at that point in hiscareer, the only thing he looked forward to was playing for england again in the 2010 world cup. he didn't want to play for any other english sides otherthan man united, and that wasn't gonna happen. and since he was dropped from england, i think he pretty much figured his hopes were gone. he actually hassaid that he practically gave up on being recalled to the national team.

so he went for the money and "trying to make soccer more popular in the u.s. blah blah blah"

it's funny how it worked out because after the news broke out that he was gonna join the MLS, his club banned him. yet, he continued to train anddidn't complain. and remarkably, his manager (now england's current manager, fabio capello) brought him back in the squad. beckham was in the form ofhis life (probably the best i've seen him play since the first half of his first season at madrid), and was crucial to madrid coming back from behind towin the league. during that process, he was recalled back into the england side and has been pretty much a fixture since.

so looking back, i think he does regret coming. reading grant wahll's book brings some light into why he's so frustrated here. if he had known that hewould have been recalled to the national team, i think he would have joined milan then.

Beckham > Galaxy.

Dude is pretty professional in terms of how he handles himself. His personal life haha.. Posh Spice etc.. another story.

Back
Top Bottom