Vick agrees to pay for care of seized pit bulls, He should have paid 10 million huh? sarcasm.

Originally Posted by EvansST

Originally Posted by rhcp729

Originally Posted by goldNboi7

^'worthless homeless'...
smh.gif
...and dogs are worth...?

well, dogs, unlike homeless people can help bring joy and happiness. while homeless people have only one thing to offer...wait, i take that back...they have nothing to offer.

You know that there are families who are poor right?
That money could have been used for some of the families who fell victim to Katrina.

But
Dogs > people right?

but, once again, everyone's losing sight of what is actually happening with the money. it's not our choice where it goes. now you're justputting words in my mouth. i would much rather give the money to families who need it, families is one thing...homeless bums is another.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Two co-defendents in Vick case sentenced[/h1] [h2]Given 18 months and 21 months in prison for dogfighting charges[/h2]Updated: Nov30, 2007, 10:08 AM EST
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Two of fallen NFL star Michael Vick's co-defendants were sentenced Friday to 18 months and 21 months in prison on federal dogfighting conspiracy charges.
Quanis Phillips of Atlanta and Purnell Peace of Virginia Beach could have received up to five years in prison -- the same maximum Vick faces when he is sentenced Dec. 10.
Peace, Phillips and Tony Taylor of Hampton pleaded guilty last summer and agreed to testify against Vick, prompting the suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback to enter his own plea agreement a few days later. Taylor will be sentenced Dec. 14.
Peace was sentenced to 18 months and Phillips to 21 months.
"You may have thought this was sporting, but it was very callous and cruel," U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson told Phillips.
Sentencing guidelines called for punishments of 12 to 18 months for Peace and 18 to 24 months for Phillips, who has a more extensive criminal record.
Prosecutors recommended sentences at the low end of the range because of the co-defendants' cooperation. But Hudson said he felt sentences on the high end of the range were appropriate because of the nature of the crime.
Hudson told Peace that he was concerned because a pre-sentencing report quoted Peace as saying he saw he nothing wrong with dogfighting.
All four men also face state charges.
According to court papers, Vick financed virtually the entire "Bad Newz Kennels" dogfighting enterprise at his 15-acre property in Surry County in rural southeastern Virginia and participated in executing several underperforming dogs by drowning, hanging and other means.
Vick publicly apologized for his role in the dogfighting operation and turned himself in Nov. 19 to begin serving his prison term early. He is being held in a state jail in Warsaw, Va.
The case began in April when a drug investigation of a Vick relative led authorities to the Surry County property, where they found dozens of pit bulls and an assortment of dogfighting paraphernalia.

Copyright 2007 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited.

Oh well nice knowing you Mike..so much for getting the low end
tired.gif

^Damn, this sucks...we prolly won't see MV7 in a NFL uni (or as a free man) this side of 2010...if ever again. I'm going 2 kill 7 dogs before breakfast2morrow as a protest...disgusting, useless creatures...(I only think I'm kidding)

This really make me mad that a man's career and life could be irreparably destroyed over something so trivial. America's obsession with dogs andanimals in general never fails 2 amaze me. What's next? Am I gonna be arrested for stomping a rare species of cockroach? Tried 4 murder cuz I run over somedog who decided 2 run out in the street in front of my car? Whatever...its just plain stupid...flame me if ya want...it is what it is.

Originally Posted by EvansST

Originally Posted by rhcp729

Originally Posted by 1D

he's the one who put them in this situation, so he should be held responsible for doing what he can to get them out. i don't feel sorry for most homeless people, if it's a natural disaster, then sure...but alot of people who are homeless, put themselves in that situation...and it should be their job to get out...not ours or michael vicks.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Beyond ignorant. People are more imaportant that dogs period.

regardless, his money is going to dogs...not to the worthless homeless.

I don't get it.

What more do you haters want?

Vick lost his wealth
contracts
dignity

All that's left is his life.

It seems that yall want this man to just stop breathing over some dogs.

I don't like certain players, teams etc. but I don't wish ill will on people or root when a man is down.

The thing is, this is the only one they got right is to put money towards the dogs. I don't see how you can really disagree with this...

And can we drop the homeless. It has nothing to do with this.
This really make me mad that a man's career and life could be irreparably destroyed over something so trivial. America's obsession with dogs and animals in general never fails 2 amaze me. What's next? Am I gonna be arrested for stomping a rare species of cockroach? Tried 4 murder cuz I run over some dog who decided 2 run out in the street in front of my car? Whatever...its just plain stupid...flame me if ya want...it is what it is.
Good lord... If you hit a dog crossing the street it's an accident. Duh. And if you kill an endangered species of course you'll getarrested. Half of the Vick supporters on here don't ever help his case...

never knew a dog could mess up a mans life up like this

well at least a black man.....its hard out here for us
smh.gif

Exactly, I never knew so many people cared about dogs over people, its truly sad. The same people that are happy to see Mike Vick sent off to jail are mostlikey the same people that have a dog sleep with them in their bed, SMH.

This really make me mad that a man's career and life could be irreparably destroyed over something so trivial. America's obsession with dogs and animals in general never fails 2 amaze me. What's next? Am I gonna be arrested for stomping a rare species of cockroach? Tried 4 murder cuz I run over some dog who decided 2 run out in the street in front of my car? Whatever...its just plain stupid...flame me if ya want...it is what it is.
Agreed. However, you seem to be overlooking the fact that he was funding, operating an illegal, interstate organization. After all, the dogs arejust a means to gamble on an activity.
Animal rights activists have hijacked this issue to promote their agenda.

Smart move by Vick. Hes doing it to show that he is starting to make a change and that he wants to fix his problems. This will all help his case in court.

Exactly, I never knew so many people cared about dogs over people
Who are the people that are being ignored/forgotten as a result of this criminal process? Just like there's law enforcement to handlesituations involving humans, there are also laws created to ensure the well being of animals. How does one take away from the other? Excuses and twistedrationalizations of an obvious wrongdoing is all it really is. Many of you will find ways to make excuses for lots of things when you feel you're beingtargeted, but when it comes down to it, this is what people like Vick and others who don't have enough of a conscience to realize that the torture ofanimals is just not acceptable in this society deserve. I mean some of you are making it sound like there's no more than 5 cops to handle all the issuesaffecting this entire country.

LOL at the animals causing Vick this pain and suffering. Some of you are actually blaming the dogs for being abused, tortured and killed by Vick and thusgetting him in hot water? You all kill me with these bacward and emtpy statements. Should law enforcement not do anything about these crimes becausethey're committed against animals or not committed against other humans? Is that what some of you are getting at? Some of you NTers makes me feel reallygood about myself.

smh.gif
At the comments about homeless people being worthless. 1 in 4 homeless are veterans. I think almost 50% were Vietnam vets...

Back
Top Bottom