Vick agrees to pay for care of seized pit bulls, He should have paid 10 million huh? sarcasm.

Suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has agreed to set aside close to $1 million to pay for the care of the 54 pit bulls seized from his dogfighting operation.

In court documents obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Billy Martin, one of Vick's attorneys, said Vick will deposit $928,073 on Friday into an escrow account controlled by Martin's Washington law firm.

The money is being set aside "to pay whatever restitution amount is ultimately ordered in this case," a court filing said, according to the Journal-Constitution.

In court papers filed last week, the government asked U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson to issue a restraining order that essentially would freeze the money to fulfill Vick's legal obligation to cover the costs of caring for the dogs and finding homes for them.

Vick faces a prison term of up to five years when he is sentenced Dec. 10 on a federal dogfighting conspiracy conviction. He voluntarily began serving his prison term on Nov. 19 in Warsaw, Va.

The pit bulls were confiscated from his Bad Newz Kennels property in Surry County.

On Tuesday, a judge scheduled for April 2 a jury trial on state dogfighting charges.

The dogfighting operation known as Bad Newz Kennels operated since 2001 on Vick's 15-acre spread in Surry County. A drug investigation of a Vick relative led authorities to the property, where they found more than 50 pit bulls and equipment commonly used in dogfighting.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

From ESPN.com

Still not enough huh?
eyes.gif

I usually disapprove of the backlash Vick is getting now but I don't see the problem with this. No one was really affected by what he did except the dogs,and he should pay for whatever they need to get back up to speed.

They are really trying to stick it to him. There are people who do worse and their punishment is less severe.

Originally Posted by Cyprus Sinner II

I can't see it taking a million dollars to pay for the care of 54 dogs.

He should only have to pay whatever it actually does cost, not an exorbitant amount more.

The jail time he serves and the damage done to his life and career is enough punishment.

Dogs aren't cheap. Is it slightly expensive, yeah, but not as much as you make it out to be.
I really can't see why people would have a problemwith this. The criticism, backlash, jail time, etc. I can see, but actually having to pay for the care of the dogs (which were the only ones effected by hisactions)?...

never knew a dog could mess up a mans life up like this

well at least a black man.....its hard out here for us
smh.gif

Wait....The 54 dogs.....are eventually going to be killed right....Cause, you can't really put dogs bred to fight, into homes....So what exactly is hepaying for???

This $#+$ makes no sense at all....1 Million ?? GTFOOH

Originally Posted by dreClark

Wait....The 54 dogs.....are eventually going to be killed right....Cause, you can't really put dogs bred to fight, into homes....So what exactly is he paying for???

This $#+$ makes no sense at all....1 Million ?? GTFOOH

There's always a push for rehabilitation I think?

There's always a push for rehabilitation I think?

Would you trust those supposedly rehabbed dogs???? I think not.....This is not just physical rehablilitation....a lot of these dogs are broken mentally and areunstable and cannot be trusted...That's just a lawsuit waiting to happen...

Then when one of these 'rehabbed' dogs bites some little kids leg of.....The are going to come back and sue Vick.....

Still not enough huh?
eyes.gif

No, it's not.
never knew a dog could mess up a mans life up like this

well at least a black man.....its hard out here for us
Yep, it's real difficult to not have enough wherewithal to live a decent, moral and law-abiding life. Why is that so hard like you claim?

i have no problem with him having to pay for the care of these dogs...

free mike vick

they should just put all those dogs to sleep save the mil and give it to the homeless I mean come on a mil for some dogs....f that......their dogs not people

i think my man mike donating an excess amount (1 mil) will help him in the sentencing just like agreeing to start his sentence early will. i'm really moreheated at the state trial.

o ya, i swear i heard that a good portion of the pits will actually be able to be cured and adopted.

There are millions of homeless HUMANS in this country, and 1 million dollars is goin 2 waste on some damn dogs?! Not sayin its not a...um...generous move byVick, just sayin priorities are really $*+!+* up in this country...aint no way no animals this important.

(Free Mike Vick!)

Originally Posted by goldNboi7

There are millions of homeless HUMANS in this country, and 1 million dollars is goin 2 waste on some damn dogs?! Not sayin its not a...um...generous move by Vick, just sayin priorities are really $*+!+* up in this country...aint no way no animals this important.

(Free Mike Vick!)

he's the one who put them in this situation, so he should be held responsible for doing what he can to get them out. i don't feel sorry for mosthomeless people, if it's a natural disaster, then sure...but alot of people who are homeless, put themselves in that situation...and it should be their jobto get out...not ours or michael vicks.

Originally Posted by rhcp729

Originally Posted by goldNboi7

There are millions of homeless HUMANS in this country, and 1 million dollars is goin 2 waste on some damn dogs?! Not sayin its not a...um...generous move by Vick, just sayin priorities are really $*+!+* up in this country...aint no way no animals this important.

(Free Mike Vick!)

he's the one who put them in this situation, so he should be held responsible for doing what he can to get them out. i don't feel sorry for most homeless people, if it's a natural disaster, then sure...but alot of people who are homeless, put themselves in that situation...and it should be their job to get out...not ours or michael vicks.
:stoneface You gotta be kidding. So each of these dogs most of which wont be saved should each be given $18,519 worth of care while a human beingendures a cold winter on the streets? If most animals have a hard time already finding a home, why in the hell would someone want to adopt a dog from adogfighting operation? You gonna leave Cujo alone with your child unsupervised in the backyard? I understand saving a few of the puppies, but I'm sureatleast half are going to put down.

Back
Top Bottom