VH1 Behind The Music: DMX Greatest Greatest of all Greatest?

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

No matter what X will always command my respect and i'm sure there's many others that feel the same way. The rawest of his music is still unmatched and NOBODY was effing with X from 98-01 both music wise and sales.

Sad that the drugs got em... really had potential to be a great artist.
2001 - Blueprint. 
I'm done. 

YO!
Originally Posted by CaesarRay

MusicalExcellence wrote:
dmx is wack...

indifferent.gif
...come on man...seriously?

I'm not a NY hater and I have NEVER understood how people like X. He's always been wack to me. I bought It's Dark & Hell is Hot the day it released, and I promise you I listened to the Survival of the Illest bonus disc far more than the X. I may've enjoyed 2 songs from the album - "Damian" and "24 Hours to Live". I'm not even sure if I got those titles correct.

I did enjoy Blood of My Blood though. Just not enough to consider dude a "great" artist. All that prayer and jive dude did on stage in shows; I always thought to be corny and contrived. Son was a crackhead before he was a crackhead. I certainly ain't one to hate on what successes he had. Nor do I take pleasure in his failures. Also, I'm not gonna act like dude had NO jams. I rock to some here and there. But the X songs and features I enjoy are VERY few and far between. For my money, he's one of the most overrated rap artists ever. I don't want to rain on the love fest. I respect everyone's right to feel the way you guys do about him though.

I do plan on watching the BTM on him. Quite sure it's interesting. DF!!!

thanks for sharing OP

i have so much MORE respect for DMX...didn't know he struggled so much all his life

i don't care who disagrees ... It's dark and hell is hot is top 20 all time rap albums ...

@$!!$! done started something

stop being greedy was played out by me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sherwin100s

Originally Posted by chatta718

Originally Posted by CaeserRay

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

dmx is wack...

indifferent.gif
...come on man...seriously?
hes a NY rapper hater...what u expect ...and that IDAHIH intro >>>>>>>>>>>>> this ____ woulda never came outside if he lived in NY circa 98 when X was poppin 
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

how old is money now? 17-18? this dude probably stuck to watchin blues clues back in da day

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

It's Dark and Hell Is Hot >>> Any album by Kanye, Drake, Wayne and any other soft +%* BS coming out today

pimp.gif
 How I yearn for 90's hip-hop to return...btw you can throw Flesh of my flesh up there as well...enjoyed that one just as much as It's Dark and Hell Is Hot...

Back
Top Bottom