VH1 Behind The Music: DMX Greatest Greatest of all Greatest?

No matter what X will always command my respect and i'm sure there's many others that feel the same way. The rawest of his music is still unmatched and NOBODY was effing with X from 98-01 both music wise and sales.

Sad that the drugs got em... really had potential to be a great artist.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

No matter what X will always command my respect and i'm sure there's many others that feel the same way. The rawest of his music is still unmatched and NOBODY was effing with X from 98-01 both music wise and sales.

Sad that the drugs got em... really had potential to be a great artist.

He was a GREAT artist...

Just not as long as fans would've preferred
smh.gif

But @ his BEST, I don't know if there's 10 MCs better...

Great show. Started listening to his first 5 albums again just to get into that vibe. He was one of those artists that seriously kept me into hip hop in the 90s.

I just watched it and one thing about X was he put ALL he had into any performance....He will always go down as one of the Realest Rappers Ever!

I just watched it and one thing about X was he put ALL he had into any performance....He will always go down as one of the Realest Rappers Ever!

Had me beastin over a ruff ryders t shirt back in jr high. Still one of my favorites to this day

Originally Posted by Verdykt

Off topic, but is their a dirty version of "Slipping" that was ever released?
I had one, but I need to dig through some old mixed cds to find it

The dirty version doesn't have the sample tho...

Or atleast the joint I had like 10 years ago...

eNPHAN @ 5:19
laugh.gif
I thought the same thing.

laugh.gif
word.

Got a chance to watch this online.X had the game on SMASH. Back then, artist development was ill...you'd take a dude on the road (Survival of the Illest), have him rip countless features ("4,3,2,1", "Murdergram" and more) and when the demand was fever pitch, you'd drop an album. I remember seeing "Get At Me Dog" for the first time...%*+ was like an acid trip...

Still got love for X even though I only bump his first 3 albums regularly....dude was top 3 realest rappers ever.

If only that Murder Inc album came out as planned
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Shoutout to Earl Simmons. King of the 90's....

And BALLERIFIC703 log off
indifferent.gif

Nah, IDAHIS was something else...maybe I'm getting old and y'all are just mad. I remember living in NY when that album came out and it was just different. Had the whole state in a different mind. I'm sorry but Kanye has never and will never impact a state like that.

I agree that is a classic/excellent CD, but cohesively better than Late Registration? or Graduation? or College Dropout?

C'mon broham....

Shoutout to Earl Simmons. King of the 90's....

And BALLERIFIC703 log off
indifferent.gif

Nah, IDAHIS was something else...maybe I'm getting old and y'all are just mad. I remember living in NY when that album came out and it was just different. Had the whole state in a different mind. I'm sorry but Kanye has never and will never impact a state like that.

I agree that is a classic/excellent CD, but cohesively better than Late Registration? or Graduation? or College Dropout?

C'mon broham....

uhh yeah...its way more linear then any of those albums.

Originally Posted by CaeserRay

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

dmx is wack...

indifferent.gif
...come on man...seriously?
hes a NY rapper hater...what u expect ...and that IDAHIH intro >>>>>>>>>>>>> this ____ woulda never came outside if he lived in NY circa 98 when X was poppin 
roll.gif

It's Dark and Hell Is Hot >>> Any album by Kanye, Drake, Wayne and any other soft +%* BS coming out today
roll.gif

I don't know about Kanye, but he way better than Drake and Wayne's new stuff.

X is one of the greatest ever to touch the mic and the way he came up was crazy.[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] MusicalExcellence really, have you ever listened to his 1st CD. If DMX cared as much as Kanye does about his career there is no telling how big X could of got. [/font]

Originally Posted by JD214

It's Dark and Hell Is Hot >>> Any album by Kanye, Drake, Wayne and any other soft +%* BS coming out today
roll.gif

I don't know about Kanye, but he way better than Drake and Wayne's new stuff.
nope hes better than kanye too....u can actually tell who listens to rap on this board...because comparing him to ye (someone who doesnt write all of his own stuff) is bonkers..... its dead wrong but X did 10 mil off 2 albums in 6 months ......IT WILL NEVER BE DONE AGAIN
grin.gif
 respect that man

Back
Top Bottom